What are you working on currently? (2024)

I’ve kinda lost interest generally in Roblox, but this tradition continues, so I will too.

I’ve been making a giveaway + codes platform which isn’t exactly released. I’m still in the progress of making it and I’m excited to get a beta out.

UI is still conceptual, I don’t expect it to look 1:1 to this, but still pretty proud of it.

22 Likes

I’m working on a completely random, procedurally generating planet game! I’m learning a lot about 3D Fractal Noise and some other crazy stuff! The game also has procedurally generating plant life, as well as custom gravity, and the planets are completely landable! Planets are around 20sq miles and are fully explorable! Here are some pictures:

What do you think about this project?

• I would play this!
  • I would not play this.

0 voters

Thanks everyone! Have a great day!

42 Likes

oh, so cavey!

wonder when ill get to see the sun again

24 Likes

Working more on my prob biggest & main released project [new york 2001], basically containing whole manhattan + more islands & stuff

36 Likes

THE MIMIIIIC

anyways, working on a game similar to ‘get a snack at 4 am’. after 3 days of useless headbashing, I finally figured out what went wrong with my DataStore code (it was one line). unlike other experiences, I’ll credit EVERY SINGLE third-party asset i use in the creation of the game.

16 Likes

Same as last year, working on Cursed Lands, but looking towards 1.2, I got a few things to do before getting to that though, regarding other projects, who knows, maybe I start a new small project eventually.

I’ve also become much more invested in bordr gam’s development, fully taking lead in complete new updates and I’m really glad how things are working out.

2024 will be my 4th year as a developer, I’m really excited for what’s to come and for what I have ahead of me.

2 Likes

Working on a new little tonk battle project. Also learning how to uv unwrap properly :melting_face:

21 Likes

Looks great, the detail is next level! I understand what you’re saying about trying to get the engine not to lag.I cry a little every time I have to downsize textures before I upload to studio. Good luck and hope you find a way to optimize your models for Roblox.

2 Likes

I’m continuing to expand and enhance my experience. In my New Year update I added an ingame shop:

I’m looking forward to trying the flex UI to help me make the layout work even better between mobile and PC/Console.

23 Likes

currently working on a flee the facility map!

9 Likes

That’s actually so beautiful. If it’s a game I can’t wait to play it!

2 Likes

i’m working on a space game. right now i’ve only got one rocket and that is already hell to code. i’m considering adding some sort of portal which you can go through to pick different rockets, the models aren’t the best, which yeah, i just don’t understand how i can use blender and mess around with textures to get it to work. but once union stuff comes to meshes, my rockets are gonna be pretty nice with some interior.

8 Likes

Fantasy project I been working on for a month!

Victorian Cavern
Part count ~ 15k

82 Likes

Bar Roblox

52 Likes

You should be careful with this, I’m pretty sure this violates terms of service and restrictions in place that are required by XBOX/Microsoft.

4 Likes

Oh bruh, best timing since I just released it xd

3 Likes

You might want to research this a bit more before publishing your thing.

another related post:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/would-adding-chat-to-xbox-be-against-tos/1666260

1 Like

Huhhhh I tried to make my research and nothing poped up something like this. Welp time to delete the place :confused:

1 Like

But I thank you for literally saving my account, this could have turned out really bad for me xd

3 Likes

I’m not sure but I think ‘safe chat’ or ‘quick chat’ systems may be allowed since the developer provides the phrase that will be displayed. So instead of your alphabet characters you could have something like “follow me”, “thanks”, “hello”. But anything in the chat box won’t be visible to the console players. I don’t think they can see bubble chat either, so you’d have to have a way for the pc/mobile players to say ‘safe chat’ phrases back to them and a way to display it to the console player.

So, maybe you would want to work on something like that instead, just a thought.

I’m not 100% sure if that is allowed, so I’d do more research before creating a ‘safe chat’ for console.

2 Likes