What are you working on currently? (2024)

really big procedural terrain using EditableMesh. the default 2048 studs baseplate for comparison

Note for video below: It appears to lag later in the demo (dropping to ~30 fps) because you are not supposed to travel that fast across chunks. Realistically, at the default 2048 studs chunk size, you rarely ever even load in new chunks at all.

Absolute worse case scenario performance (bottlenecked by creating triangles):

Average case scenario performance (less than a millisecond):

3 Likes

I actually was thinking about making that same visual a while ago. I wonder if there is a way to convert that function into multiple bezier curves–then we could just a few beams (like under 20) which would be pretty performant.

You might want to look into recycling parts: you keep a bunch of parts parented to nil with their references saved and bring them out when you need them.

I’ve got to know what lighting settings you used for this! Is it the out-of-range fog numbers thing or is it something different?

1 Like

Ive tried recycling but surprisingly, it turns out that rope meshes were the reason that causes a lag spike soon as it’s reparented from equipping tools or either created from the first start, i still havent figured other solutions and rn i dont feel like switchin back to the beams cuz of it’s limit and how it’s dependant on the graphics level.

also for the rope itself, it’s basically just a skinnedmesh cuz i had no idea what ways i hav to go for (had a thought of using beams before but i had a problem connecting them to each points) i looked through the source code from somewhere, that’s in C# and tried to port it but again, the rope i created is literally a skinnedmesh and bone needs to stick at points but scaling parts manually from script doesn’t move bones between end point except with the scale from studio tools which later im forced to create 7 parts (WTF roblox,.,.,.,.,…,.,.,)

1 Like

Make it squish a lil that makes it so much more satisfying

follow up, procedural 3D skybox implementation

6 Likes

World of War

A roblox RTS game inspired by games like Hoi4. Beta is almost here, alpha version 0.95/1.00.

Patch notes:

• Complete Trading Revamp
  • Complete Economy Revamp
  • Military Frame
  • Lots of bug fixes
  • Progress on Map Editor
  • Remade almost every UI that wasnt already remade
  • Way More
4 Likes

how do you do all this? and do you find those models online or what?

This game looks great, and I love the UI. The concept is good as well! I wish you well for this game, it looks really promising!

1 Like

right, and ill just take those scripts… just kidding i would never

@CreatorPlanet13 DAMN! you are a lean mean roblox building machine like you get these epic works done so quick!! and they look AMAZING always

I finished with the @bluebxrrybot restaraunt!

• needs improvements
  • cool

0 voters

to whoever is choosing “needs improvements”, i recommend saying what to improve so I will try my best to do so

I am terribly sorry for calling it a “shop”

Doesn’t really resemble a shop

1 Like

despite the name, it’s an restaurant instead of a shop. but I called it a “shop” cuz i don’t know why

Alr, a restaurant makes more sense‏‏‎ ‎:P

1 Like

Working on a remaster of a game I was working on in 2022.

1 Like

Here you go, I added a squishy jump.

7 Likes

I don’t know how to name things properly, so I am ter- te- terribly sorry for calling it a “shop”

Just finished this fine piece of modern architecture. Tedious work but enjoyed it all the way!
Złota 30, Warszawa, Poland

11 Likes

For the record I love this game! Keep up the good work yo!

1 Like

Made some improvements to make the ball more elastic.

9 Likes

We are working on a Cookie Run-style game named Smoothie Legends.

What we want:

• Design the UI
  • Draw the character concepts
  • Model the playables
  • Make scripts
  • And more!
1 Like