What are you working on currently? (2024)

https://x.com/slocapz/status/1791274158959038516

5 Likes

Replicating other player’s cursors to your screen! Could do something like the Wii era screen pointers with different player colours…

6 Likes

We’re excited to share that we’ve been working on a 3D model of a CC 202 locomotive in Roblox Studio. We’ve always been fans of trains, and we think the CC 202 is a particularly iconic and beautiful locomotive.

We’ve been working on this project for a few months now, and we’re really happy with how it’s coming along. We’ve modeled the entire locomotive in detail, including the engine, wheels, and cab. We’ve also textured the model with high-quality images, and we’ve added some basic animations.

We’re still working on the project, but we’re hoping to have it finished soon.

Here are some pictures of the model so far:

We’re really excited about this project, and we can’t wait to share it with everyone. We think it’s going to be a great addition to the Roblox community.

In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback on the model. What do you think of it so far? What would you like to see added?

10 Likes

New houses for public transport simulator.

3 Likes

Oh my dream for now like 4 years was to make my own td game so now since i’m able to script, model, animate and etc i am just making it for fun trying my best to make it as good as i can i don’t really care about the fame or stuff so yeah i know it will have 0 players but like i said im just making it for fun

1 Like

Added Day and Night Lights on the Lanterns

1 Like

All hail war cat

Helping out with one of my friend’s projects. Late 2000’s - early 2010’s style.

2 Likes

nothing ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

https://x.com/slocapz/status/1791879466559402255

2 Likes

8 Likes

Is this script inspired by the “ROBLOX NPCs are becoming smart!” game??? If it is, what would its purposes be for. (Well I already know that the script is a text-to-speech but do you have any other purposes for the script?)

1 Like

It actually has nothing to do with that game. I didn’t even know it existed until you pointed it out! However, it is important to note that I’m not the first person to do this.

Well, I am using diphonic synthesis, which I do not believe has been done before, but monophonic synthesis has, and this is the same logic. So, as far as inspiration, you can thank previous developers such as @tyridge77, who made a fantastic demo of monophonic synthesis 6 years ago. In it, they challenge the viewer to make a diphonic version, which I took on as a challenge.

The purpose? The big one is accessibility. Text-to-speech isn’t something easily available in Roblox Studio, which is unfortunate. Text-to-speech can help with immersion, sure – such as when interacting with NPCs – but also some people may prefer it because they find it easier than reading.

Before you say it: Most people who deal with vision loss or reading disorders are already used to decades of robotic, unnatural speech synthesis. And, trust me, if I could get a more realistic method, I would.

For me, I am really looking forward to generating some terrifying voices for any psychological horror games that I am either currently working on or will work on in the future.

See, I made a tutorial on AI text generation recently. If I’m going to use that, the audios for text-to-speech certainly cannot be pre-recorded because AI is unpredictable.

This also goes for text that is usually predictable but may change slightly. For example, if you want a character in your game to refer to someone by their username, you cannot prerecord that dialogue, either.

For other uses, this is a novelty, or maybe a luxury to some. However, the topic has gained so much traction over the years that I am willing to make something and put it out there when I can.

When will that be? As soon as Roblox lets me distribute the audio in the store. It’s just one audio.

Thank you for your reply! :​)

2 Likes

That’s cool. Thank you for being such a kind and generous person. Even if your not the first person, it’s the thought that counts.

1 Like

Of course. The (only) great thing about having a limited game engine such as Roblox Studio is that it forces creativity.

People on these developer forums always find a solution, even if hacky, and it’s beautiful. I’d love to contribute to that!

So, whenever I make something for my own game, I try to publicize it. It takes a lot of work to write a script and edit a tutorial video, yes, but I’m hoping that one day the YouTube gods will bless me with ad revenue, and then I’ll get my thanks from the community… as, Roblox kinda sucks at paying their developers! Although, they are getting better.

Even if that day never arrives, oh well, it’s fun to have this as a hobby. I am very happy with the current project I’m working on. It gives me an outlet for emotion.

Anyhoo, my apologies for talking so much. Thank you again for your interaction with me. I appreciate it! Have a good rest of your day.

1 Like

It’s okay, I talk alot too. It’s something we all do. You have a good rest of your day too.

1 Like

parkour view model system for tag game (maybe)

edit: I think I need to make the window hitbox a bit larger it looks delayed

7 Likes

I made a group. I added a cart ride game to the group.

Little guy in a viewport frame… he´s in love with the mouse cursor!

8 Likes

7 Likes

My first roblox game… launch trailer. Welcome any feedback.

:point_right: Game link

:point_right: BraveTurtles Group

:point_right: Discord

Beta testing is will open soon. Please DM us if you’re interested :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes