What are you working on currently? (2024)

they’re made for a game centered around the events of half life one so, i dont know man you tell me :o)

1 Like

Seems really interesting! Do you have a timeframe for when this could release?

Currently working on a game that has the entire earth with survival aspects and technology with it.

For a few years ive been through 6 versions of the game but i can say that so far this is the best progress i got, it was a challenge for sure.

The peformance is good for now, it divides the world using a quadtree so it can render huge distances, and it makes use of voxel terrain & editable meshes. For the closest chunks it uses voxel terrain which generates in around 300ms-400ms. And for the LOD chunks it uses editable meshes which generate pretty quick.

[---------------]
[ St. Helens ] ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎-> ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎

[---------------]

[---------------]
[ Mt Adams ] ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎-> ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎

[---------------]

View from Mt. Adams (St Helens in the horizon)

Another shot from Mt. Adams

Full view of Mt Adams

Same picture (Afternoon)

Different Angle

[---------------]
[Crater Lake] ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎-> ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ image
[---------------]

View from wizard island:

View from water:

Currently, the game is mostly for exploring and taking some photos of the landscape or just vibing if you wish. The distances are truly huge, so big that even roblox’s render distance (100,000 studs) cuts off the terrain.

I’m still working on the survival aspect of it but without more to say. Thats all!

Hope you liked it!

8 Likes

This looks so cool and gorgeous just amazing!

1 Like

Not really. Lot of stuff going on but hopefully before the end of summer

This experience looks great! I’d be interested in testing this experience. Let me know when public testing opens up!

Fan vault, made from just parts

9 Likes

How do you even do this, ITS SO EPIC :OOO

2 Likes

wip

5 Likes

so for base64 are u using + and / for the last two chars in the charset?

I don’t decide the charset, Roblox does, because I’m using HttpService.

IIRC Roblox can work with base256 within the game because of their extended ASCII code.

httpservice allows encoding to base64?? neat

Magician never reveals his secrets. I’m kidding. Just install Archimedes and FillGap and go along your way.

1 Like

Currently working on a newer version with UI for my Roblox Datastore Manager called DataMate.

DataMate - Gain Full Control Over Your DataStores Via The Web - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

Working on making it Xbox compatible

4 Likes

What I’ve been working on the last month and a half

Enjoy!

8 Likes

Pixel Gun 3D in Roblox

11 Likes

I’m working on improving my coding skill by trying new things

2 Likes

Hi,

What am I working on?
I’m working on a parkour engine called “Untitled Parkour Engine”, nothing fancy.

Game Icon:

Game Banners:

Pictures

Sorry for the amount of pics lol

Keep in mind I’m not really planning on turning this into a full fledge game, this was just me practicing on improving my scripting capabilities, so on and so forth.

Game: Untitled Parkour Engine - UPE

3 Likes

Updated the lighting for Oasis’s map

6 Likes