What are you working on currently? (2024)

game

5 Likes

currently working on a game inspired by valve’s counter strike series, i’m not sure wether or not it’ll be public at any point as i’ve tried to make a bunch of games, then never finished or published them at all. what i have in mind is just CS but law enforcement and hackers, but ill add on as i go on.

2 Likes

CAN THE ROBLOX ADMINS HlRE THIS DUDE FOR THE SKYBOX UPDATE? PLEASE? WTH

normal map online is one of the best things ever.

silly infinite obby

3 Likes

8 Likes

Stylized forest progress#3

1 Like

ready to publish this as a free model

hopefully this won’t explode people’s computers when they insert this thing LOL
edit: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/18520608022/Complete-World-Map

3 Likes

ik its basic but I spent about 4 hours making this out of boredom

4 Likes

is this like a world role-play game when u paint land, I am addicted to that game rn lol

1 Like

also why is America east and not west?

2 Likes

i think in east asia and oceania it’s common to have the world map with oceania and east asia in the middle, while the americas are to the right and the rest of the world to the left

1 Like

Oh that makes a lot of sense, I remember hearing about America wanting to make the US the center of the map at some point, didn’t know that Asia did that.

3 Likes

honestly i never knew either, i just learned this lol

3 Likes

It’s a simple little trick where you set the FogColor in Lighting to something very high (such as (450000, 450000, 450000) and it causes (what I assume is) a floating point error when rendering colours therefore limiting/banding the amount of colours outputted for a pseudo-cel shaded effect when combo’d with highlights.

1 Like

That’s very interesting! Thanks for the info bro :relaxed:

1 Like

Hey man, recently tried it out, it was super super cool!

Was wondering did you add in any lighting technology or extra lighting objects?

Thanks!

1 Like

You may tweak it how you like, but for me I made the colours ‘pop’ more by adding ColorCorrection with increased contrast and slightly reduced brightness. Also, to remove the glowing bloom from bright lights I added a Bloom filter with both Intensity and Size set to 0 (to more replicate cel shading!)

From there you may want to, depending on your desired artstyle, use custom materials/textures to have smoother surfaces as some of the default materials using this setup can be too grainy/intense I find.
(The default CorrodedMetal material on the right, left is with a plain solid colour texture overlay to make it less intense)

5 Likes

Thanks for the info! It was definitely a cool experience.

1 Like

My fully textured real-time pixelate filter, which is a super optimised raytracer running 60-80+ FPS at 100x100

I recently added a proper sphere projected skybox, which took some time to get working code for

15 Likes