What are you working on currently? (2024)

Progress

3 Likes

Had a little technical fun setting up a simple procedural interior generator with preset building blocks (you can add any new room of any shape and angle and it should work). It works a little similar to how I imagine Lethal Company’s system works, where it will connect rooms via doorway points and delete the doors between them.

It will also generate a minimap and hide other floors:

18 Likes

Got tired of constantly typing a values into the console to change stuff in my game, so I made a flexible modular setting Gui. Works for bools, numbers, time values, handles desired rounding, and has min/max values.

4 Likes

I’ve been working on refactoring my game from the ground up, I’ve been learning how to use Lua OOP classes a lot more, I really love that I don’t have to rely on BindableEvents solely for script-script communication. Instead having the module have a function that returns its current running self instance is just such a blessing.

But yea, I currently I am working on my FNAF Security Breach fangame, mostly writing the codebase for the basic things like items, interaction, character movement classes (ControllerManager module classes) and so on. Below I added a few videos showing my current projects progress :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This effect works incredibly well?! I’m using it in this scene to obscure the LOD changes from terrain, and its such a distinctly stylized effect it doesn’t look like a roblox game at all. Thank you so much for sharing this technique.

8 Likes

Dude this looks awesome! You got it to affect the skybox too, you have an inverted sphere with a texture projection or something?

1 Like

i changed the technique a little bit, which might be why. I used ExposureCompensation to quantize the colors, then used an extremely large ColorCorrection TintColor to bring the colors back.
Also i made this testing place to see how different exposure levels effect the output, its really interesting

2 Likes

Orbital Space Colony

1 Like

I’ve been working on a ski resort game. The mountain is done and I am working on the player experience and realistic roleplay in the game.

That game looks amazing! The graphics are very realistic.

1 Like

Currently hired to script on this game: Totally Normal World (17+) (INCOMPLETE) - Roblox

Currently working on the following:

• Air Defence System (Missiles, CRAMS etc)
  • Vehicles System (cars etc)
  • And other things I won’t disclose about.

I would show some screenshots if the Air Defence systems were in the game. (I cannot play because my account is not yet 17+, It’s 17 this year.)

Working on a new jailbreak prison style game, above are the new custom proximity prompts i made (not finalised)

5 Likes

That’s really cool. I wish games used less backgrounds and especially flat/bright colours like white for them.

Ty, yeah im going to change them a bit more, add gradients and things

Since its a prison game add some sort of prison decal for the background or something grey/dark with a slight blur.

Hmm, ill see, thank you for the feedback

Chromatic abberation overlay on the character :dizzy:

(bonus: it leaves behind your shadow after you die which is a neat effect)

9 Likes

Looks great! The style definitely fits.

1 Like

woah how did you do that that’s really cool

It’s using the magic of ViewportFrames - I have two overlaid on the screen that copy the position + FoV of the player’s camera. Each has a clone of the character that is updated with all of the body part positions each frame. Each overlay character has its textures removed + material set to neon white so I can then use UIGradients in the ViewportFrames to change the colour on the edges :smiley:

2 Likes