What are you working on currently? (2024)

I noticed the item notification isn’t displayed on the spectator’s screen. Is this intentional?

Yes this is intentional, its because it only pops up if the client who received it is the local client, in this scenario someone else received it so we dont replicate it. The full UI isnt emulated here, only the UI that is the item ui or the characters ui, so for example that crouching indicator / stamina bar is relevant to the Gregory OOP class, which means UI elements that arent updated in this class wont be updated either. Same for the flashlight.

Starburst Tap Alpha will be coming later today on Roblox.

THE LEGENDARY TRIO IS BACK

for reference

Additionally, I kinda learnt a bit on how to use particles, again after few years.

9 Likes

unfortunately this was a failed ambition :')

After some time, I have almost done my tool crafting system (Finally). Ig it’s overcomplicated, but allows to customize tool a lot (after I add more tool parts), or just make it strong enough to hit some rocks and trees. Also you can rotate tool preview in viewport.

(Note: I don’t own any of blueprints in test mode, so they are all marked as red)

6 Likes

stage 2 beginning (life sim/building/roleplay)

5 Likes

Holy cow, it looks amazing! Keep up the hard work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a little hypothermia system inspired by Guts & Blackpowder

5 Likes

menu. it has animations and cool things but it isnt fully done. its for a game called zjenga im doing a devlog rn

6 Likes

I recreated the black hole scene from Omni Man!
Coloring is a little more realistic though since this was mainly supposed to be black hole testing.

7 Likes

even more spooky!111!1!!111!!!11!!111

6 Likes

It looks good, who knows, maybe you could recreate “The Sims” game in Roblox including all the functions

literally what i’m doing lol, thanks (this makes me feel like im one the right path)

update

5 Likes

Whoa… It’s been months since my last WAYWOC post! I haven’t done much at all since then, but just today (technically yesterday since it’s past midnight), I got the idea to imitate NiGHTS’ flight (even though it’s pointless, and no, isn’t for Project Magical Mary). Though it isn’t that good, I’m still slightly impressed with my questionable attempt here! A LocalScript creates an AlignPosition and AlignOrientation, turns on PlatformStand, then moves the AlignPosition’s target around based on the player’s movements and tilts their character using the AlignOrientation instance.

Like most things I script, it has bugs. For example, after I added character tilting, my collision raycasts stopped working, leading to my character sliding across the ground as she’s pulled towards an out of bounds AlignPosition instance, and turning around doesn’t look as smooth as that stylish purple jester in that game…

Also, I’m not sure how I would modify my script to follow a “path” like the NiGHTS games. I have some ideas but no guarantees that this idea will go anywhere. For now, Mary’s just moving in a straight line on the X axis, swerving in and out of the background using a sine wave on the Z axis.

EDIT: It’s barely improved, but I “fixed” an oddity where the character would constantly flip back and forward if she moved vertically only, added sparkles to her hands, and tried (but failed) to improve “collision detection” (two basic raycasts from her head).

2 Likes

programmer ghosted me and now this game is basically pointless but here is a UI i made (I will continue to work on this because its actually the first game I worked on that I would actually play)

7 Likes

Testing concepts

23 Likes

how did you have the grid?

word limmet

view > show grid