What are you working on currently? (2024)

more portfolio work, thought it looked cool though so i’ll post it here, used the stylized assets i made yesterday in it

5 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t abandon your game. Keep working on it. It looks great! :blush:

1 Like

I’ve built 12 games in the last 12 months, dang!

Lots of flops, almost all of them, until I started building games that anyone can enjoy. Now I’m having so much fun building, taking my builds less seriously, and can’t wait to see how this goes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Using Blender for good and rendering out spritesheets for pickups using ParticleEmitters rather than having 3D models that rotate/bob every frame - much better for performance!

Stress test using ~2,000 of them

11 Likes

Working on a rendering system with dynamic highlights. Ignore the bad quality, I used the studio’s in-house recording system.

robloxapp-20241007-1420476.wmv (1.5 MB)

*by dynamic I mean that the highlights change depending on what you can see in the map. So far, my computer hasn’t crashed…

Edit: extra stuff video of dynamic highlights

2 Likes

fellas, I have too much power.

4 Likes

ModernStudio

(Inspiration: x.com)

3 Likes

cleaner female rig

Made a custom terrain smooth tool.

5 Likes

much better than the next gen garbage they’re rolling out soon

Did this for a commission. Not too comfortable with the style but I think it turned out pretty well.

4 Likes

Recreated part of the combat system from the Wii game MadWorld in a few days.
On the Wii you had to move the remote to perform different actions. Here you can do the same by holding RMB and moving the mouse.

(Blood and stuff warning)

3 Likes

Reminds me of the classic Survival 101 / 303 game series by Davidii wayy back in the day. It has a charming simplicity that is reminiscent of retro Roblox builds! (although with more detail and polish :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Rocket render in Blender using a simple toon shader setup :sunglasses:
KBR_Rocket_Animated

6 Likes

twitter embeds dont work which really grinds my gears…

Diasdeldaym Region PI
Non-Combative Biochemical Response Unit

3 Likes

I still work on this!

Today I was motivated enough to code a system similar to the UE4 level sequencer, because they can deliver the smoothest and best cutscenes or general events that occur within a scene.

This lets you basically put events, change parts of the scene and so much more, this has a serverside layer too where the server can perform changes and the clients do animations and such.

10 Likes

I like the build design in the background!

2 Likes

I love it! Keep up the good work! I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME LOL

It’s… so clean!!! I love how Triple A it looks!!

2 Likes