What are you working on currently? (2024)

just wanna hug him

2 Likes

Werryyyyy naaiceee!!! I love it

Drifting Away WAYWOC - #3

It’s time for another update on Drifting Away 2 's development!

We have been hard at work designing and implementing features.
It’s been a while since the last post, as we have been quite busy. :wink:

So. Let’s get to the point.
First up, the map.

New map!!

We have redesigned the temporary map, to keep it consistent with what we have in mind for the game.

Sorry for the bad camera angles :tongue: I took them ingame so I couldn’t position my camera very well.
I’ve attached a few screenshots below.

This is definitely not final, but at least it is a little more polished!

Next on the list, I have “Shop system”.

Shop system

We have made a system for claiming ownership of an item (In exchange for scrip). This is also known as “buying something” in normal English. :coefficients:
See below video for an example.

The shop system deletes items if they leave the store and are not owned by a player. :woot:
Pretty cool aye? It still has some bugs, rest assured we will fix them when the time comes.

We have also set up an object registry system.

Object registry system

The object registry system allows us to make new items and structures easily. :derp: It already has support for planned features, such as item boxes and structure materials.
The below video showcases different clay types, which make use of the registry. :

And a building system!

Building system

The Building system is part of the (Spoiler for next section!) Plot system.
The Building system allows you to place structures on a buildable plot. You are also able to rotate the structures!

Last, but certainly :uhh: not least, the Plot system. (My personal favorite! :happy2:)

Plot system

The plot system is “super ultra mega cool”. It was very fun to implement and it works well. You can place structures and items on plots and they save!

You can save, load, and unload plots. The system also keeps track of who owns a plot, and which plot a player owns. The plot only saves the owner’s items.

As you can see, it works very well. :hidere:

I think I’m done writing this WAYWOC log now. I hope I haven’t missed anything!
Between the thinking, recording, screenshotting, snacking, and typing (and deciding on which emojis to use :wink:) it actually took me quite a while to write this post.

Please tell me if I have missed/forgotten anything.
If this post / the game interests you, please give the post a heart :heart: . It gives us a little insight into how many people actually enjoy reading these.

Thank you very much for reading the post!
~ CannedWither

5 Likes

I’ve recently updated my module with a lot more features (Non-access specifiers such as final and abstract, strict methods, better auto-type complete) and more! (Even has Wally support now for Rojo based workflows)

Are those leaves the default brush in Krita?

I completed a rewrite of an older pathfinding system I made, adopting it to use flowfields.
Intended to be a quality of life feature in an RTS I am developing.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, I made the leaves and the textures for them myself. The texture is pretty much just ovals randomly arranged on a 1152x1152 canvas

1 Like

Was going for more of a Sols RNG based look, I suppose it could also look a bit like classic 2014-ish Roblox.

i remade the platformer template

14 Likes

This is soooo amazing tabby!

Any tips on learning cutscenes? Are they handeled with Camera tweening? (I have no clue)

A small win for me: I’ve been learning scripting the past year and was able to quickly figure out some Gamepass tool givers. I don’t usually put stuff like this in my games, but I figure everyone does it so thought i’d try, glad I ran into zero hiccups.

Also omg InsertService is amazing

1 Like

finally figured out how to get windows to work

4 Likes

Working on something new :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been working on my first released game, an obby. I know, kind of crappy, but I wanted something simple, and I thought I could bring value to the genre.

https://www.roblox.com/games/18620596846/100-Stage-Mega-Fun-Obby

It’s fine bro, everyone starts somewhere.
You should’ve seen my first games they were GARBAGE compared to what I’m doing now.

This gravity simulator (2 planets colliding)

7 Likes

half walls and doors complete

rlly making progress

4 Likes

update: abandoned for a decent cause

2 Likes

Working on a modern “BeachHouse” map for a game im working on.
(forgot to turn off view selector before taking pics : P.

2 Likes

Another map.

2 Likes