What are you working on currently? (2024)

Got the old mouse cursor working without modifying files (and not setting mouse.icon as that’s buggy)
also fixed vehicles not driving due to roblox moving it to controlscripts from corescripts

4 Likes

Created a dynamic vaulting system, as well as a custom jump movement:

This combos well with environmental destruction!

21 Likes

Finished the overall traffic light system script, only about 2 bugs that don’t impact gameplay much.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1106738868448940062/1199215109944377434/EO5L2w3.mp4?ex=65c1bb1a&is=65af461a&hm=5027b0a5cc933d6c7d16ca51374e117223adad75fac01e03758aee64d383ae0e&

The new and improved script totals to about 155 lines, which is still super low imo.

A game similar to Rust. With a lot more of a unique spin on it. Currently just started on it so theres little to show.

this is cool dude, entirely in roblox studio?

After returning to a topic about a character welding module, I tried using it in Project Magical Mary only for it to glitch and trap the player, frozen in mid-air. I thought this was due to a conflict with PhysicsCharacterController, so I disabled it and reverted to built-in movement.

With this change, I enabled rolling again and adjusted all four ages/character sizes’ speeds and jump heights, giving each one a different feel… Due to the DevForum size limit, I had to cram my short video into just under 10MB, so please excuse the abysmal quality:

I don’t remember if I introduced them, but my game has four planned character sizes, which are meant to be used for roleplaying families. They are:

1. Toddler - The smallest and most helpless age. They practically need an adult to help them, as they’re very slow and can’t jump more than a half-story (5 studs). As if they couldn’t be more miserable, they’re very susceptible to falling down; If they bump into anything or even jump while walking up a steep slope, they’ll topple over, unable to do anything but roll (the Q key). This age needs a pro, as it’s currently all cons! (Perhaps their needs could fill easier?)
  2. Child - A human that’s half the size of an adult. Like real kids, these have way too much energy and can run slightly faster than other ages, but can’t jump as high as adults. Like toddlers, they can be carried by older ages (within their “family” only, if I get to that, of course) and will “prefer” kid’s cups at restaurants.
  3. Teenager - The age that has had the least thought put into it! Their movement speeds and jump height are mid-way between a kid and adult’s, so there isn’t anything special about this age yet. (Obviously, there isn’t a high school in this game, so…)
  4. Adult - Tall, slender characters with excellent jump height and average run speed. They can do almost anything, including drinking from nursing bottles (whenever I get to programming tools). If platforming levels are ever added, characters (other than Mary) will always be this age/size for consistency.

I know this post isn’t that good of an update (with my usual claims and future expectations everywhere), so here’s a very short, higher quality video of an adult jumping onto a restaurant’s roof. If this was more interesting than my previous posts about Pianissimo, then that’s fine…I guess.

5 Likes

new testing place, switched to voxel lighting + using MaximumADHD’s LegacyToneMap code (source code to the tonemap module)

just working out some small issues/inaccuracies before i make the game public
maybe ill add a few eastereggs or secrets

3 Likes

logo animation, intended to be used as a game intro in the future

16 Likes

It’s a rainy day

40 Likes

Interior luxury yacht

20 Likes

Assets were made in blender, assembled the partial scene on roblox studio.

1 Like

more stylized stuff

8 Likes

bro is gonna build the entire galaxy at this point ur amazing keep up the incredible work

3 Likes

Rendering a picture of your mother (I don’t think my specs are powerful enough, I might need two 4090s instead)

2 Likes

Balloon dogs :balloon::dog:

14 Likes

no context development

12 Likes

7 Likes

Im currently Working/Building on a Superliminal recreation… with the map and the illusions and sound

1 Like

Levels

Induction

Retrospect

Optical

The Lighting and some textures will not stay like this, they will be changed after the map is done.
There will be 3 more levels:

• Labyrinth
  • Blackout
  • Whitespace
6 Likes

I am developing a self-check-in feature for my Indonesian-themed train game. In the future, passengers will need to purchase tickets at this machine before boarding the train.

6 Likes