What game genre could I easily start off making Robux?

Not sure if this belongs here but:

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I have been coding and stuff for about 6 months and I’ve made 3 games but none of them have a way for me to get money back, so I want to achieve what genre do you think would be the most fun to play as well as make some robux off of?

2. What is the issue? The only issue is that people who play my games don’t come back, which is why I am worried if I make something for them to purchase, they won’t buy it because they only see themselves playing for about 10 minutes or so.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? I was thinking of making a tycoon because I like tycoons and I think it would be easy to add stuff for people to buy to increase the fun of the game, while the game still being entertaining without having to purchase anything.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
I don’t want to make a game just to make them money if any of you are wondering, I just want to make a game that many people will enjoy playing and will have the option to buy more things for the game to increase the entertainment value which makes me some robux in return for my work on the game. Thanks if you have any answers!

2 Likes

RPG Just Remember To Add PETS And You Will Get Millions Of Visits And Thousands Of Robux.
Millions Of Visits Not Guaranteed.

2 Likes

Make an fps game with nice smooth animations made in blender and good sounds and addictive gameplay. And rewards as the play does things so they feel good about themselves and play more.

Please understand that you don’t code on Roblox for money, you need to work very hard to get there. Your past games could be built better or adding new things.

3 Likes

Or…you may not. Adopt me has a large, professional team working behind it. This guy is one person with limited experience the chances of him coming out on top without tens of thousands invested in ads and hiring developers are slim to none.

2 Likes

Yes I know that but I never said he would get billions of visits or the amount of profit adopt me had which dev ex would turn into 115 million us dollars

I think word for word, you said that his benefits would be “just like adopt me.”

Most games, even half-decent ones, don’t get 1k visits, much less over a million

1 Like

You’re not going to be the next adopt me with 6 months of scripting experience. It’s just not going to happen. Most, if not all games of that scale require teams with incredibly talented developers and months of work.

You have to target a specific audience of people that enjoy a concept

I tried to make it clear in the post I didn’t want it ONLY for money, I just want to make a little amount of robux with a game a lot of people would play, but obviously I didn’t do a good job of getting the point across…

1 Like

That overall depends on what game you enjoy making. Any genre of game you’re creating can make profit if done correctly, the reason why players leave your game is because you need to add things that worth playing and spending money in. If you don’t have anything that’s enjoyable, to the players to do or worth continue playing; that may be the reason why players only stay for a few seconds or minutes.

You can create a game you enjoy in making you just have to add things, that’s worth continue playing if your game is enjoyable then players will want to spend money in. Add things like (quest, daily rewards, challenges,) things to keep players entertained, find ways to make those players worth coming back to continue playing your game.

Think about what genre you’ll play or would enjoy in creating find something such as role play, adventure, fps, action games and more. There are a lot of ideas to choose from any genre can make you robux it just needs to be enjoyable and worth spending money in:

Here is a thread related to your second question:

2 Likes

Incorrect,

Thousands of developers rely on Robux income for their daily life, whether it be bringing food to the table, or keeping the water/electricity on, big developers still rely on Roblox for covering expenses.

1 Like

I disagree with this so much, from my personal experience the main reason most people code on roblox is to make money. Why would you spend months/years on a project if you’re not planning on profiting?

1 Like

Probably for the same reason people play thousands of hours of Runescape. For the journey and fun while doing it.

2 Likes

I didn’t say you can’t earn money, however, I did say that you have to work hard to get there. You can’t rely on Roblox until you are actually making an income due to dex ex rates

1 Like

Please read this reply. I understand what you are getting at.

2 Likes
  1. PvP Aspect
    Your game can not be a tycoon or story game. Because once I finish the story or finish making the tycoon, i’m never coming back for more. This sounds kinda dumb but toxicity = active players. Let’s say player A dies to player B in an unfair way, for example player B had a team mate. Player B says “ez”. Now player A is mad and wants to get revenge on player B. Anyway you always want to have a PvP aspect in your game.
  2. Investors
    If you don’t have enough robux to launch ads for your game you will need to look for investors. Those people will pay to advertise your game in return for some % of earned revenue off the game.
    Hope this helps.
2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend to focus on earning Robux. This shouldn’t be your first priority.

First work on a good game. Keep developing it and make sure you get more and more players. If that happens, you mostly also automatically start earning more and more Robux!

Don’t make Pay to Win things in your game. They are mostly heavily disliked by the community and make people with Robux better than people without, resulting in less amount of players and more dislikes.

1 Like

—If you’re fairly good at programming:

• Tycoon
    • Easy to build
    • Okay amount of players
    • Good earnings
  • Story Game
    • Harder to build but not as much to build
    • Good amount of players
    • Okay earnings

—If you’re not as good at programming

• Obby
    • Mostly building
    • Very easy to program though there are some features that can be added.
    • Not very good earnings (although they can be better if you do purchases right)
  • Simulator
    • Very easy to build
    • A bit harder than an obby to program
    • Good earnings
    • Very overused, hard to be original.

PseudoPerson
Written on mobile

5 Likes