What out of these three options is the best animating program?

Heyo! I was wondering out of the three options I’ve heard a lot would be the best animating program to use. By best, I mean smooth animations that look nice. The reason I don’t just try all three and see which is best on my own is because I don’t want to devote my time to something I may not like.

Option 1) Blender

I’ve heard a lot of things and watched many tutorials about animating with blender but never got the chance, I’ve seen the outcomes though, they are pretty good, but the video I watched, the person made a wave… so couldn’t really decide by that.

Option 2)Roblox Studio

From 2017-2019 I’ve only been making animations on ROBLOX studio. I’ve come to mastering it. Thing is about that, there are many bugs that happen and cause me to fail. One bug that happens way to many times is this. One of the most annoying things in my opinion.

Option 3) Moon Animation Suite

I know this is a plugin, not a program, but I’ve heard a bunch of animators use it. Now here is the thing, I’ve tried and use it, but I couldn’t find out what the controls are, I’ve never seen any outcome of it. There may have been a post where I think someone used Moon Animation Suite but that was a while ago. Even if it’s hard to figure out at first, I’ll risk it to make nice animations.

Thanks for reading! Any if you have any suggestions for any animating plugins/programs, I would be more than happy to hear them! :smile:
Have a great rest of your day!

EDIT

Now, I know most people haven’t been through all three, you could just state a program/plugin here on the list or some where else, and explain what’s so great about it!

3 Likes

Blender is definitely a good program to use, seeing your purpose. It just needs a bit of patience and practice.Check out the various animation movies, made with Blender on YouTube. You get great tutorials on YouTube on how,make great animations. I would suggest blender for making perfect animations…!

4 Likes

Have you ever used blender before? If so, can you show anything you have created? The reason I would rather you is because people on YouTube have spent so long perfecting blender, have you used blender for long? If yes, then I’ll just go to YouTube.

Moon Animation Suite if you’re unfamiliar and want something with better control than Studio’s option. There’s a YouTube tutorial linked in the plugin describing all of its functions and controls. Once you get the hang of it, though, you can start making really great stuff.

3 Likes

Yes i have used blender just for rendering things and making models i used for like 3 months.

Recent Renders

1 Like

I’m not asking for renders, they cool, though. I’m asking for animations using blender.

Blender is far superior and has usefulness outside of Roblox if you ever want to go further into game development as a career. It has a learning curve of course, but there are plenty of resources available to help you.

MeshTexturePractice02

AnthroRigSwordAndShieldIdle

MeshTexturePractice01

6 Likes

Even though the last two are idles, they look amazing, I am considering blender. How long did it take to make these smalla animations? How long have you been using blender?

Yes i animated waves,moving grass, and those are my first animated work, and sorry i don’t have them right know it’s still in work of progress it took me about a hour to make them…

1 Like

Once I learned, it took about an hour to make - this includes the armature rigging.

And once you have the joints and kinematics set up, iterating on any model takes a few minutes at most.

3 Likes

Animating with a regular humanoid dummy would take the same amount of time, right? Or would it be easier?

It always depends on the complexity and movement range of the rig. For instance, this mech doesn’t have to worry about hair movement, but it does have a “hand” that spins - which requires some work to animate… As much work as hair movement? Maybe? Maybe not? It’s relative :stuck_out_tongue:

In the time it took to reply, I made this

2 Likes

I whould suggest you using blender if you have good computer and experience on it. Personally i use roblox’s animation editor because my computer is pretty laggy at blender so i cannot sure it.
Reason i use roblox’s anination editor not moon suite is that InverseKinematics make animating much easier for example if i wanna make more realistic anination without IK it takes me 30 mins and with it it takes me like 10 mins.
I dont think the method you do it matters at all, pick a way thay you’re best at or combinate them. Blender is good for advanced stuff like Fortnite dances, because you can play a video and simply follow the keyframes from it, but if you need simple stuff like sword swing you can do it on roblox i quess…

1 Like