What we announced at RDC 2023

Pretty cool updates.

however, PS5 has a PSVR and a PSVR2, could you please make it compatible for both or just the updated PSVR2?

2 Likes

Iā€™m so grateful to see that dynamic foliage is getting some attention on this engine. Love seeing it! Is there any possibility that weā€™ll be seeing the ability to use custom grass blade models, which use GrassLength property as a scalar?

It would also be really interesting to see some sort of support for weight painting on terrain, which would directly affect GrassLength. Other engines support this already and I think this is the next logical step for the Roblox engine.

5 Likes

This is amazing!
No need for any Third-Party-Programā€™s for VSC and Roblox Studio, anytime soon!

3 Likes

This is the precise reason why we ditched Roblox colaboration tools in favour of Rojo, you loose way too much time dealing with these issues instead of developing.

If possible you should really give it a try with your team.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really excited for the assistant, since I do not have skills on Lua, I would use this, but when will the beta be released? I say itā€™s late 2023 or early 2024.

2 Likes

You can already use it now, though you may have to enable the beta. Itā€™s been a good while since I lasted tested it, but it only seemed to be able to write very basic scripts at the time. ChatGPT was able to write me a whole game, albeit a rather basic one.

However, I do believe that learning Lua is still essential. While I was technically able to have ChatGPT code an entire game for me, it did require me to fix things here and there. I did try to tell ChatGPT specifically what needed to be fixed, but it ended up being more work that way, so I started doing more small changes over time. I think itā€™s still a useful tool, especially if learning how to code and you just want to know how you might go about doing something.

TD;DR: I would still learn how to code. Iā€™d argue itā€™s probably the easiest language to learn. With the right strategy, you could learn the basics in a single day, and be able to learn on your own. (Not that people should feel rushed to learn things quickly, everyone has their own learning style, but itā€™s possible.)

4 Likes

This is what I saw at first.

5 Likes

heads up as for the ugc thing alot of ugc creators are quitting becuse they can not afford to continue to upload and add stock to them

4 Likes

This is genuinely awful. Not only is this going to send the trading community into a riot but itā€™ll also make it harder to customize yourself as you want to. Plus, smaller UGC creators will straight up have to quit because of this as well.

This needs to get widespread. Fast.

3 Likes

Will we be able to make use of the DualSense controllerā€™s features like the adaptive triggers, haptic feedback and built-in speaker? And if so will there be some kind of official support for it on other platforms or at least for Studio?

1 Like

some have already said they are done they will continue to do ugc untile the update rolls out then they are done becuse we as creators the smaller ones sadly dont make enough revenu fast enough to bring in the steady stock to upload which i feel like we all need to speak up but i get robloxes side too and thats becuse infinit stock isnt able to be got irl but yeah its what they are leaning to which is stock wise

1 Like

When PS comes out will you update the console interface to look like the mobile app?

roblox slowly stops being real roblox

Why is hydrodynamics not being discussed?

I have been waiting years for this to happen, and I am so excited that they will finally add it. That is literally the best thing they could do right now. :heart:

1 Like

AERODYNAMICS AND GRASS HEIGHT YES PLEASE! THANK YOU GUYS YOU ROCK! :slight_smile:

1 Like

already has became that heads up this was posted on twitter 20 hours ago According to Roblox, they plan to release Public UGC by next month. After the release of the update, all UGC Creators will be required to purchase either Premium Tier 2 or 3 and be ID verified, if they do not meet these requirements in 30 days, all of their items will go off-sale and Some UGC Creators have published hundreds of items and to consistently restock all of their currently onsale items may be an almost impossible task for them, especially having to wait a month for funds to be able to restock.

There are concerns that UGC items price will be doubled for UGC Creators to continue making a living/profit.

What do you mean thatā€™s what makes them money? The company isnā€™t profitable. Cash is dwindling, equity is shrinking, etc.

2 Likes

Developerā€™s make this company money through numerous means, sometimes through getting premium in-games for extra bonus, or just general advertisement of the game off roblox.

1 Like

Ye I can use this since I made an group and have a game made before, be the darastore transfer too?

Ye can you make it that if the player collide or something the controller vibrate

Hmm wait way you develop 80 hours between each other

Ummm this is what the feature is but Iā€™m scared that there be only games made by ai on the discover page and handmade games be fewer popular becouse fully ai made games sall be updated fast but for started it is great

Thatā€™s cool :sunglasses:

Hmm a little bit wierd to call in Roblox

This treu a feature I will use

We donā€™t lose 30% and I thought we can sell us assets for Robux

I hope the moderation system will be beter

Only why they skipped the q and a

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m happy with a subscription service tbh.
Why on earth would a game need a subscription service?

My guess would be for season passes or events maybe but other than that I donā€™t see why youā€™d ever need a subscription in a game.

That just sounds like a gateway to even more predatory and greedy monetization models that some companies will probably abuse the hell out of.
Especially with how easy it is that you forgot you subscribed to something and then forget to unsubscribe.

But alright, prejudice aside, maybe it does have a good use, I suppose weā€™ll just have to wait and see.
I hope Roblox thought that one out.