What's Your Roblox Story?

So back in 2012, I discovered Roblox at a public building and created my own account playing Natural Disasters. From there, I didn’t realize the immense number of creations and I was so fascinated playing all these interactive games such as the Roblox Building, build to survive, MAD Murderer, Darkness, etc.

After playing for a few years, I felt that I wanted to learn this. Being 11 at the time, it was hard to keep that mentality, although I had completed the Mad Bloxxer tutorials.

At age 17, I continue to play these games with friends and expand my knowledge on LUA. I am currently working as hard as I can with my upcoming project. I’ve learned so much such as management, game design, programming, UI, etc. I hope to bring that knowledge even further through forums and tutorials. I’m also planning to apply for an internship through the accelerator program and currently await on my interview status for Event Organizer.

13 Likes

I started playing Roblox in 2017 and played games like Natural Disaster survival, continued to do so in 2018, and then in mid-2018, I found Roblox Studio.
I made low-effort games with tons of free models, but I changed and started to make good games and improved my skills.
Then I quit in 2019, came back in 2020, learned more about UI designs, and a lot of other skills.
I am now developing a huge game and I hope for it to get a ton of players when we release :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve started Roblox as a young guest in 2010, I found the game through an ad of “hamsters in a hamster-ball” from a video of Roblox Television by Stickmasterluke, the video was so amazing and I was sold on how well the platform and website was back then.

2011 and 2012 were rough years when playing a ton of games like Nintendo Minigames, Build to survive the zombies, Crossroads, and Welcome to Roblox Building + I made my first account in that time. :slight_smile:

In 2013, I started to learn into Roblox Development like learning Lua and building to make some structures and FPS games that many people played as I was amazed from all the games people were making and how popular they got, this got me interesting into development.

From 2013 to now, I’m still learning development, making games, and learning a ton of Lua API and documentation on the Developer Hub due to the fact that the Engine is so well made with frequent updates and more.

9 Likes

Eleven years ago, my friend at the age of six- invited me to ROBLOX.
For an entire year we would play as a guest player on the platform, enjoying all sorts of available tycoons.

A year after we create our accounts (2010) and essentially we just continue and play but in style.
Few years later passes, my friend quits ROBLOX, although I continue and then start joining specific groups.
I begin to understand the difference between war-groups and games in general.

In due time I tend to get highly interested in these types of groups, and eventually start my own.
I assure the quality is perfected and more!

I then in 2015 begin to open ROBLOX Studio, it was time that I myself get into the whole building phase.
Through years I challenge myself to create unique content to several individuals, myself included.
Five years later, I today understand everything I need to understand, I expanded further into 3D-programs, I continued further on, achieving greater achievements that I never had imagined I would manage.

8 Likes

In addition, I also started becoming interested in roblox development on and off site from a discord bot known as qbot

1 Like

So, funny story, I started Roblox in 2014 during the Minecraft craze, I wanted a way to get the same experience for free so one day, I stumbled upon Roblox Builder Mode. Although it looks barebones right now, the possiblities seemed endless to me.
Anyways, I stuck with the platform, and was only playing games until 2018.
I’ve always wanted to make my own game, but thought it was too hard, so I started with building and only recently scripting, it’s amazing and I could hopefully make the game my 10 year old self has been dreaming about for a long time.

2 Likes

The memories and relationships I’ve built on Roblox are truly one of a kind.

I’ve been here since 2009 – it’s crazy to think how much time I’ve spent on this platform. Didn’t really do much other than go around and play games with friends.

Development on Roblox wasn’t really a thing for me until more recently (past 4-5 years), primarily because of projects outside Roblox such as web development, and software development. I eventually got involved with the C&G (Clans and Guilds) community and that’s kind of what inspired me to become a developer on Roblox. I’m pretty old now and spend what little free time I have on the DevForum helping people out with their scripting inquiries.

6 Likes

I was first introduced to Roblox in 2008 or 2009 when I was at my friend’s house, and we made me an account to play a couple of games on. I don’t remember what it was called, and I only used it for a couple of hours, but I remembered that I liked the game. Since it stuck with me, when I got my first personal computer in 2011, I thought to myself “what are some games I can get?” and I remembered Roblox.

So I made my first real account in December of 2011, and a month later, I joined the Roblox Confederate Army, which was a part of the Roblox Civil War genre groups. I was active in that group from 2012 until 2019, when Roblox banned the group (which had existed for over a decade by that point) and my account out of no where. I and my friends spent months trying to get it fixed and we contacted Roblox through email, the forums, Twitter, LinkedIn, and even by letter, but they pretty much refused to speak to me. It came as a deep disappointment that Roblox decided to purge the Civil War groups in 2019 and 2020, but even more of one because they never contacted me about it, and instead they terminated me out of no where. I tried offering to rebrand my group into a British Empire group, but as I said, they pretty much refused to speak to me.

Luckily since I have been on Roblox since 2011 and have ran the same group since 2013, I had built up a large and dedicated community of members, so in July, I started using this account, and I made a new British Empire group so we could keep running a group. I am very blessed to have a couple million visits on my group games. One day, I hope I can get my account reinstated, as not only did I use it for almost a decade straight, but I also had lifetime level three Premium on it.

Even though Roblox has wronged me in a significant way, it is still my absolute favorite game. I have never spent more time and money on a game like I have on Roblox, and I still play it on a daily basis. It is such a fantastically unique idea, and one that has allowed me to get into programming and group management that I otherwise would almost certainly have not gotten into.

11 Likes

I found Roblox sometime in mid 2013 while browsing the internet and played as a guest for a bit. I remember playing games such as Spyro’s Apartment Complex and Work at a Pizza Place every day. Roblox was soooo different back then. Back when tickets still existed :frowning:

I found out about studio after clicking on the blue icon on my desktop and was hooked. I continuously worked on a game, adding free models every day loool. Though I had tons of fun using studio, I eventually moved houses and forgot about Roblox for about 2 years or so and returned in 2016 doing the same stuff I did, but on different games.

I was on/off with studio for quite a few years until late 2018 hit and I finally found another partner something I enjoyed working on. I went on google maps and began to practice replicating buildings and putting them into studio. I learned a lot in the process and would definitely recommend it to any beginner modeler.

Recently I’ve been getting into commission work and have mixed feelings about it. I love bringing joy to other users when I finally release a game that I’ve been working on for what feels like forever but I don’t always like the management of the places I work for, they often feel very disorganized. Eventually I hope to be able to fund the production of my own games as I practice further on commissions and make my work better as time goes on.

I love every bit of Roblox, without it I would’ve never gotten into game development or all the unique experiences I’ve had on this platform.

6 Likes

I discovered Roblox in 2012, when I was merely 5 years old. I got used to playing it on an old Windows 7 or XP (I forgot) machine for a few years, and in 2015 I was allowed to make an account. My name? It was made from my 8 year old mind, recanman, I’m the man that can do things again. :joy: I looked at RobloxStudio and started placing parts. My first accomplishment was in 2016, when I made a capture the flag game. I used the old Roblox flags, added some zombies and some gears. (There was also an unlucky spawn in the middle of nowhere)

I started to take on programming by reading the free model scripts and copying and pasting them and tweaking them to make my own scripts. That’s when I truly started. I spent a couple hours almost everyday afterschool for about 4 years or so, and now I program everyday for 5hrs+.

I love the community, and my dream is when I am older, I become a Roblox Intern/Employee.

:heart:

10 Likes

So, back in 2011, I saw a something talking about how great Roblox was.
I just went passed it.

Later on in late 2013, I saw something else about how good Roblox is, with me being older then, I went to good ol’ roblox.com, and I played as a guest.
I didn’t know how much fun it would be until then.
I had watched videos of people playing and all, but when I went onto guest mode was when I truly learned about it.
My first games were some skating game, I think Work at a Pizza Place, and probably adopt and raise a cute baby.
(By the way, this is why I want some newer form of guest mode, because people can test Roblox for themselves.)

Later on, I started to want cool avatar items, and wanted to chat, have friends.
So one day in 2015, I finally built up the courage to make an account (Not sure why I was reluctant lol), and named it “chasebot12345”…
Yes I named it that, ik its weird but it has a secret.
Chase, my dog… bot, as in robot because I was interested in those, and… 12345.
Yeah that was literally my name.
Later on in (I think late 2017) I changed my name to “TheChasingBoy”, cleared almost all my friends, and went inactive till mid 2019. I missed a bunch in 2018, some times I popped up, but it was rare.

In 2019 is when I really got into development.

And here I am, 2020.
I work in groups, manage things, own some groups, drain to much money into Robux, play some games (mostly Skate Park and Arsenal).
I’m an amateur builder and modeler, and I do stuff here on the DevForum.
I also am a public QA tester (unofficial/not NDA verified), a game tester and feedback giver for group, and I do a lot of lighting.

Goals (kinda cringe ngl 😳 lol)

Here are my goals (most of these are impossible, over-dreamed, or would take VERY long and a lot of experience, but just a bucket list of cool stuff tbh lol.)

• I want to become an advanced builder, and earn the Official Model Maker badge.

• I want to become an advanced scripter (including GUI’s.)

• I want to get good at Blender and Lua.

• One day, I’ll become an official NDA QA tester, and maybe earn the hat and suit.

• If I own a game that blows up and earns me a lot, I’ll DevEx, and use a lot for groups, and buy everything on my favorites lol. I’ll also buy many limiteds and resell/trade.

• I’ve always wanted to become an influencer, so I’d make a channel which would just be a mix of like Koneko’s content, Fave’s content, and Flamingo’s content lol (funny enough those are the 3 biggest influences of Roblox on me and none are in the star program)
    Of course I’d want to be in the Star Program.
    I would want a job though so it wouldn’t be like a job or something…

• One day when I understand the DevForum a lot more, and become some sort of community supervisor (sense sage and editor were removed).

• I’ve wanted to become an event organizer for a while.

• Maybe, just maybe one day… I might work at Roblox… UNDER VERY SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES, but it’s a possibility lol.

• I’ve always wanted to make a game like Arsenal or Bad Business, except with microwaves.

• I plan to get into VR development one day and will hopefully be one of the top VR developers!

• One day I want to make an admin panel (it’s currently called Project Hornet).

(See I told you, it was cringey)

9 Likes

I started playing roblox late 2017 and fell in love with roblox because my school friends plays roblox.

I found out that you can develop on roblox, so I tried opening studio, making random things, like a house. I feel like building isn’t really fit to my taste. So, I started to do scripting and learn some basics of lua through youtube tutorial and devhub. I started making my very first GUI game, and I made that before experimental mode was removed. Then I see that the game didn’t grow that much, but I keep learning how to script properly, but I give up and just continuing playing other games like Jailbreak.

2 years later, I have learned a lot and still continuing to learn, and I made a meme game called IndiHome Paket Phoenix (if you don’t know IndiHome Paket Phoenix, it’s a indonesian meme which is kinda similar like rickroll) which is really successfull (for me) and I got some robux from it. After seeing a good reputation, I updated the game until the meme died, and unfortunately, it did.

I decided to make something different, like making my own text transition stuff, or music player game.

I must admit, it was really fun making things in Roblox Studio, because you don’t have to pay a server for a game. Thanks roblox!

#RobloxStory

6 Likes

I started playing Roblox in 2016.

I loved it wayyyy to much and spent hours playing it with my friends. A year ago I started learning to use Roblox Studio. I picked up the Luau programming language in under four months and have been developing ever since. :smile:

Okay we need to update this story.

I started in 2016 when my friend introduced me to Roblox. I enjoyed playing PBB and FoB (Pokemon brick bronze and field of battle). A few months later I found Roblox Studio, I threw a few free models in and had some fun (I never publicized that game experience). Fast forward to Friday, March 13th, 2020. I opened up Roblox studio and made the buggiest piggy copy in the universe. That was quite the step for me as I learned to use loops, functions, and events. A few months later I had an idea, I started working on it and eventually scrapped it for a better one in December 2020. Ever since then I have been working on it.

4 Likes

I first heard about Roblox in 2013/2014. I saw the “can you survive a submarine” games on YouTube and I was interested. However, I didn’t know what the game was at all. After some searching I found it, and made my account “evwigle” on January 16th, 2014. 2 days later I forgot the password, so I made my current account “Eandvwigle,” and when I remembered the password for the “evwigle” account, I gave it to my younger brother.

My first game on roblox was the original “Welcome to Roblox Building,” it’s where I learned how to move around a game using the WASD setup for the very first time. I walked around and scratched my head on how the game works.

After that I played multiple games, one of which was the “Happy Home of Robloxia” by Roblox. That’s when I really started to learn how to use the stamper tool and the other building components that went with it.

I then learned of Roblox Studio, which happened to have downloaded at the same time I downloaded Roblox, I just hadn’t noticed it. I checked it out and immediately gave up. However I then learned of the “Build Mode,” which, again, had the stamper tools. I became really familiar with the stamper tool and that’s how I learned that you got to be creative to achieve quality. I inserted a couple free models with Roblox studio then went into build mode and built around them making random things.

The first real time I used studio was on Eandvwigle’s Place Number 3, I used free models to make a game that really let me explore how studio worked. At that point I almost exclusively used free models.

The next step up in my development career was the use of an admin module, around 2017, which has let me explore what scripts do. I started playing around with scripts and by 2018, I knew how they worked and learned the basics of scripting.

I used tutorials from @Alvin_Blox’s Youtube channel and tought myself how to do more advanced things. I was slowly learning rbx.lua and wanted to learn more.

I learned how to use different services like BadgeService and GamepassService, I manipulated things in an effort to learn how most of the language works. My first popular game was a true or false game, which got over 2000 visits, and helped me obtain my bricksmith badge (this place is now archived, and the place visits associated with it have been removed from my stats, but I still retain the bricksmith badge). I began to move on from test places to full-fleged games. Unfortunately, none of them ever got popular, but I’m hoping to change that with my latest game, Tourney of the Champions: Assembly. I’ve used my knowledge and made it with every intention to be a better developer on Roblox.

I’ve been hired to work for numerous people:

• Nathansikorski5150 and Benxfreinds/DexidusConX for Special Containment Ensurement Foundation
  • het1345 for his SCP Foundation (which happened to be in an alliance with a larger SCP group, forgot who owned it)
  • kinglpd for his SCP Foundation
  • Totoro987123 for Area-52, and his new Stargate Community group project (Current)

Being a developer is hard, and requires dedication and focus. If you’re up to the challenge, feel free to create as many test places as you want to get a better feel of what you want to do, whether it be building, scripting, animating, etc. If you will it to happen, it will happen. It’s been a journey, and my journey is not over yet.

8 Likes

He was also a big influence for me!!

4 Likes

I killed a level 90 murderer when I was a sheriff at level 8 once.
That’s my epic Roblox story that made me who I am till this very day :star_struck:

8 Likes

I was playing Roblox back in 2014 as a guest, it wasn’t until 2016 when I made my account.

I didn’t find Roblox as interesting as I do now, but one game that got me hooked one year later was Bee Swarm Simulator. I played it a lot and I really enjoyed it. At this time, I didn’t find developing interesting, and I had 0 knowledge, I didn’t even know how to make a single part so I played games instead.

When the first Creator Challenge (now called Build it Play it) came around, I knew it was my chance to learn how to create something, and it has. I knew how to do the basics.

A few months later, I was still playing Bee Swarm Simulator, and I wondered if I can make a game as good as this one, so I started to make my first game, and I immediately became hooked into game development. I didn’t know how to script anything, so I just copied scripts off of Youtube and slowly gain more knowledge.

I kept creating more games, and I realized that every project I work on gives me more knowledge, so I eventually made my first game, and it was terrible. I created a lot of projects and I remember a project not too long ago where I learned all I needed to know how to make a good game.

And that brings me to today. I’ve grown to love Roblox and the community. It’s very easy to learn, which helps a lot at getting started with game development.

7 Likes

Earlier this year I was arguing with someone over a Steam game called Bug Fables.
After interviewing him, it turned out he was a successful Roblox developer.
After some thought I decided to quit my job and do Roblox full time.
I like to make video games.
#StanThePyramid

10 Likes

I started roblox thanks to my cousin, after she told me I began to start playing is a lot than I became (some what) addicted. Playing it every day, all day, and sometimes 24 hours straight. Roblox than became my friend, and this was at 2016 when I first started. I heard of Roblox studio (I think) early 2017, and began to download it. Messed around with a lot of things, not knowing anything. So I stopped, and just played roblox games for the whole year. One year later I stoped playing(nothing interesting). Went back on 1 year later and started creating a new account(my first account ever was Pandaboyyouknow2er, btw) than made another one , and another it just goes on and on. With a total of 25 accounts.

The real deal, was I saw some amazing creations i got so inspired that id eventually start my own and so i did. Began my research, studied it, mastered a few concepts (except roblox lua), and began to create non stop. I like to make games for players now, along with a friend we are working together. The project is still being dev. Next day I saw someone who might know roblox and guess what(?) they did. We played till 2-3 o’clock a.m. and boi was it fun. Roblox is the best, i still love it when players play my games(not on the roblox game wall yet, but it will soon!).

Till this point and on I continue on with roblox and never stop. Tysm! Roblox for being an amazing gaming platform. Also tysm! erik cassel & David Baszucki! and my journey still comes and goes❤

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Rising and here is my story,

Back in the day, I was 11 years old and I found Roblox when my friend talk to me about the game platform and how amazing it is. After the school is over, I just straight to my sister and ask to her that ‘can I borrow or use your laptop pls’ and she says ’ what for…?’ and I say ‘Can I play a game at your laptop, please’ and she say ‘NO’ then I say ‘pretty please’ even tho I bad making puppy eyes and I keep begging her to let me play lap top for a minute until she gave up. when I got to play the laptop I starting a new Acc and start playing Roblox and I remember that my first game that I join was natural disaster by @stickmasterluke and I have blast back then and one day, I no longer can play the laptop because of my bad grades… so that is unfair.

2018 - 2019

2018 is the year that I finally free from the biggest exam in my country and I get a straight C each and every exam and my parent say to me that I can have my own laptop and I started a new Acc and it was LAST_RISING and RISING667 and a back then I still dumb and I don’t know what it scam mean and both of my Acc got hack because I let people get into my Acc to give me Robux but they lie and I Discover Roblox Studio and start making game on my LAST_RISING Acc and i every progress that i made was a total waste of my time when my Acc get hacked. on that year I Mad, cry, and other emotion that can make myself uncontrol able. after the lost of my Both Acc I started to make a new one …

2019-2020

After I calm myself I started another Acc and I go straight to Roblox studio to make more and amazing game. when the pandemic is starting (2020), I just go straigth to Roblox studio because I have a lot of time to make more game and make more friend at the game platform until this day I just go look at the future and don’t look bad and if you look back, you will lost your focus and ending up in bad shape.

The lesson that I learn from me was don’t give up and try your best to make yourself useful not useless.

So… that is all my story and I hope you guys like it.
thanks for reading ;>

10 Likes