What's Your Roblox Story?

I started playing roblox in early 2014.

I had lost my account after that so I started on this one.

I had always loved roblox and its games. I would play non stop on roblox and having fun with my friends. I started a few groups and building (but I was really bad). I had stopped playing roblox for about a year and then I was on and off.

Fast forward to 2020 in March where we all went on lockdown. I had grinded in many games and getting promotions in other groups. I then realized that I wanted to take roblox more seriously and grow my group. Me and my friends spent weeks and months trying to grow my group and making more builds. I had learned JavaScript, Lua, HTML, CSS, and some more. We went from 100 to 200 to 300 to 400 to 500 members then shot up to 9000 members with ads. I am so grateful that roblox was here to help me learn stuff that I hadnā€™t known.

Roblox has taught me things that I never would have known I would/could do!

Thank you roblox for helping me through this rough year!

Group - Canopy Hotels - Roblox

5 Likes

Beginning:

I start playing roblox back in the summer of 2011 when my siblings show me this game. I created my first roblox account which is based on my club penguin name back in the day.

1 day later, I created the account Roblox4282 which is the game but with 4282 at the end.

The 4282 was based on my sistersā€™ Lucky4282 another club penguin name. I got my first BC and some old event items. I use it for almost 3 years until January 2015.

Worst experience I have ever had:

At the beginning of 2015, I didnā€™t have access to that account. I have no idea how that happened. I decided to use my brothers account computer4282 to continue playing for almost a year until something bad happened but Iā€™ll just skipped.

I try to use my other sisters account but she wonā€™t let me use it. Then one of my cousins wants me to use this account which I used today.

Other Accounts:

I have created multiple different account in the past. Some of which I donā€™t use anymore.

Closing Statement:

There were a lot things I can talk about but thatā€™s all of I have to talk about my history.

1 Like

I heard about Roblox from my school-friends, but I didnā€™t care about it at all. After some time, a popular YouTuber from the country I am from posted a video playing Roblox. That was the first ever Roblox episode here in my country.

I mostly played historical games that I enjoyed a lot, but as I had a really bad PC until August last year, I wasnā€™t able to develop and play most of the games. From August 2019, I was finally able to develop and play games I loved.

During the Covid pandemic, I was able to learn a lot in developing. Since March, I have been able to sell my products (such as forts, maps for groups and etc.) to other people, and that was my first success in developing. Iā€™ve got a small group of friends from all groups I have been in and now they are still with me, and thanks to Roblox, we enjoy our time here!

1 Like

I joined in 2015. I have heard of roblox, but I never gave it any thought.

One day, I realized that someone that I had a crush on hehe. ik I was like 8. and I wanted to join so I could play with them.

Not much happened during this time. The first game I ever played was ā€œWater Parkā€ (dunno the creator) and I really liked it.

My birthday rolls around and my sister creates an account for me on the family pc. I was really happy that I was able to play on the pc and have even more fun.

So I was exploring the website, minding my own business, and I realize that there was a little button at the top of the page that said ā€œDevelopā€ It now says ā€œCreateā€. and so I clicked on it. At the time I was just getting started with Roblox, I was really into Scratch, and I loved making games. When I clicked on the button, the first thing I saw was the big green button that said ā€œCreateā€. So I went through the entire process and I selected the ā€œCapture the Flagā€ template. This was my first time in Studio. I honestly thought it was magical. I remember being so confused about how the timer at the top of the screen appeared when the game started, and how I was extremely confused with what Anchor, Lock, and Collisions did. I put in a few free model tools and called it a day. I published the game and named it Capture the Flag Beta. I was very happy of myself, and I got my best friend pig121343 to play it and help me create the ā€œNext Big Gameā€. When I introduced him to Studio, he also thought it was really cool, and we would spend hours on an Xbox party making theseā€¦ thingsā€¦ lol. I later learned that scripting was a thing, and I put in so much time into scripting and learning how to script. Heck, I am 14 years old and I have made my own fully working FPS gun system! I had no idea that I was going to excel this far.

My life has been a little rough with roblox though. In 5th grade, I was realizing that no one that I knew played Roblox, and that they thought it was a stupid game. I lost a lot of confidence then. I tried not to talk about Roblox that much, but one day it slipped, and no one really talked to me anymore. I was very alone. The only friend I had was pig121343. He brought me through all of this and helped me out of the hole I dug myself in. He is my next-door neighbor, and we love being with each other, any time we can. I donā€™t know where I would be without him, to be honest. Worst year out of all of them though was definitely 6th grade. Since I just started in Middle School, I didnā€™t have any friends at all. No one who I knew were in any of my classes, and I was honestly very scared. I guess I can say that I am really afraid of what people thought of me. I didnā€™t like the feeling that people might be taking about me behind my back. Because of this, I completely changed. I decided to put down Roblox for a while and find any new things to do. This was a huge mistake. I lost almost all my scripting and building knowledge, and I wish that I did not put Roblox down.

Today, I am happy for what I do. I will always like what I do, and I am not to worried anymore about what people think of me. I guess I can say that I made a great recovery, and well, I did! I started playing Roblox again, and I realized what all those kids at school were missing. While they were busy with Fortnite, I was busy getting ready to make some serious money in the future.

I love Roblox, and I always will. I love the little community in it, and how we are all friends. It has gotten me through many other tough times, and I donā€™t know how I would be without it.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. Have an amazing day :slight_smile: :roblox_light: :roblox:

5 Likes

It all started back 2013 my favorite youtuber was EthanGamerTV and he played roblox. one day on my new kindle i saw roblox and the first moment i download it i was in love.
i got my account in 2014 a year after (guest were still a thing). now i consider 2014 the golden age of roblox why is say this gameā€™s like pokemon brick bronze, project pokemon, i played all of it. then i got cut off in two ways. 1. Project pokemon and all others got taken down :sad: 2. my mother has seen some thing about roblox on the news (konekokitten talked about it) and made me log out of my account :sad: i was not able to play roblox after that. then 2018 i began playing again with my new account.

Ps: my old account was called Attackodave and i still am trying to get my account to this day.

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Aidan Plays!! I am a developer and YouTuber who has done many things sense joining. I joined in 2018 when I played till around 2019. Roblox was fun and a good pass time, however I wanted to see what I could do with it. Around the time the Create and Destroy Template came out, I started my first project that worked (Monster Simulator) where you would smash down a city. It wasnā€™t very good, however it managed to get over 1k visits in a few months. After losing that account, I made this one. I started Dayron Kingdoms however after a day gave up. That idea was then adapted to Dayron Grill which was possible. That is my story so farā€¦ I will have many more games soon.

4 Likes

I have been on the platform for many years, I made an account back in 2008 and fell in love with the platform and community.

I was never really interested in game development until I made this account in 2013. But before doing Roblox development, I started to learn C++, and C# in unity and unreal engine then quickly picked up python for Data Science and Machine Learning ; around the age of 15-16. Then I got into web Development and actual hard-core programing and learned how to ā€œget gudā€. This year when I turned 17 I graduated high school and started doing Computer Science and Pre-Med classes in university; While also picking up game dev in Roblox Studio.

Once I started to learn these, I started a YouTube to share my knowledge and experience to help others in the professional and non professional industryā€™s. But 6 months into Roblox development I can say that its a fun community. Roblox developers are fun to interact with and talk to, the next step for me would be getting into the accelerator program so I can talk and communicate with a professional team. But until then Iā€™m doing projects for friends of mine and just having fun dealing with the funny bugs in the Roblox engine and socializing with fellow Robloxians.

This is my Roblox story.

Its never to late to learn something new. Knowledge is expansive and there is tons of it, and the more you know the more fun and experiences you will have.

1 Like

A little bit about my story:

2 Likes

I started playing roblox at the age of 8-9 in 2011, I was told about roblox from a friend on xbox at the time and ever since then I havenā€™t stopped playing, over time I learned how to develop and push out games and have made wonderful connections and friends throughout these amazing 9 years on the platform.

Roblox helped me realize I wanted to be in the video game development industry as a career and Iā€™m very grateful for all the opportunities that Iā€™ve been given. Without roblox I have no idea where Iā€™d be today,

I think maybe perhaps a vet because of my love for animals and wanting to help them. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I made an account mid 2019. I saw Roblox on YouTube first, then I started wanting to learn how to code. On code.org, I found Roblox and made the connection between the YouTubers playing games, and making games in here. Now I can build (sort of) and I love the community. :heart:

4 Likes

My earliest memory of Roblox began in 2010 watching my sister talk to her friends on the home phone and play Roblox for hours. I watched by her side with amazement as they played a plethora of games. One minute they were working at a pizza place, the next they were surviving disasters, then fighting a war in Call of Robloxia. I immediately joined Roblox right after and was hooked on the library of games I could play for free! I never really had any money to spend on games or a good laptop, so having access to so many games that were playable on my toaster was a dream come true.

Once I was a bit older, I started to wonder how these games were made and thatā€™s when I started my journey into Roblox studio and game development!

I hope one day I make a game or games that can inspire and bring joy to others just like other roblox creators have for me all these years.

2 Likes

I started roblox in 2014 on an old account that I do not really remember. It was a starter account that I started playing just tycoons, obbys, and simulators. Over time from 2014-2016 I would range in other games to role playing. I had started out in Hilton Hotels (Bloxton Hotels) as a hotel guest. I loved the game so much that I would join every day and play with my friends. lol.

In 2016 I had lost my account. I did not remember the login and it was not linked. I decided to start a new account (zkingboss100. I know the name is really bad). I had continued to play the same games with my friends and hanging out in roleplay games and simulators.

My interest in making games and groups spiked. I started a tycoon group way back in 2018 with a really bad name (Super Tycoon Headquarters). Me and my friend (KnightStarMaster) would roleplay and have fun in the games that we created. Now at the time the builds were bad and same with the scripts. We had decided in early 2019 that we wanted a hotel group. We had transitioned ā€œSuper Tycoon Headquartersā€ into a hotel group. We had used free models (which we shouldnā€™t have and we do not currently) in the hotel. The name was not a good fit at all for the group so we created another one in January of 2019 called ā€œCanopy Hotelsā€. We had so much fun making interview centers and messing around with admin commands. A few weeks later my interest in roblox was nothing. I still played some games but focused most my time on school. ā€œKnightStarMasterā€ had still played games, trained for other groups, and even ranked up.

Fast forward to 2020 where we all were in lockdown. I had gotten a call from ā€œKnightStarMasterā€ telling me about a group where he got a ā€œMiddle Rankā€ in. I had decided that I would return to roblox and play some of the games he was playing. I had ranked up to a ā€œHigh Rankā€ and was placed on cooldown. After that my friend ā€œRobothonXā€ showed me his cool roblox group ā€œSunshine Hotelsā€. It was a pretty popular group where when he would join and the entire game would crowd him. I really wanted that as it was my dream to own a big group like his. March 25th 2020 I had officially started ā€œCanopy Hotelsā€. We had gotten many fun and amazing staff and climbed up the member count fast! We had gotten many allies and many people that wanted to help us. We had some fun shifts where a lot of people came. When I first started my group I learned to code. I studied the coding languages ā€œJavaScript, Lua, HTML, CSS, and more!ā€. We had went from 100 to 500 members very fast in my group. We have had so much supporters and I could not have done with without violetstriked, KnightStarMaster, gekuu, 5tickWasTaken, and my entire staff team! We had stopped at 500 then used many ads! We had gotten many supporters and members fast! ā€œCanopy Hotelsā€ is currently at 9000 members! #Road-To-10k

Roblox has taught me things that I never would have known I would/could do!

Thank you roblox for helping me through this rough year!

Group - Canopy Hotels - Roblox

4 Likes

The Beginning

Well, My story started about 5 or so years ago, after my parents had just moved us to America. I had started going to school a couple of weeks back and hated it. I didnā€™t know anything about anything, I knew one kid who was helping me with my English, and I never got to participate in the storytimes :rage:. and so I just kept trying to live life like I always had before (didnā€™t succeed).

The Past Past Past

Fast Forward a couple of years later and Iā€™m way better at English now, made a couple of friends, but sadly never got a chance to participate in a storytimeā€¦

also at this time I was being bullied and targeted by a group of kids for some reason (Iā€™m actually not even sure why, lol) in those moments I hated school and everything about it, the people, the food, and those group of kids. (Had some great teachers though).

The Past Past

Now, itā€™s still those years, and school still sucked (yup). then one dayā€¦ we went to a neighborā€™s house, thinking it was just gonna be another visit to my momā€™s friendā€™s house, (but boy was I wrong) as we got there I noticed the neighborā€™s daughter sitting on the floor playing something on her computer, I was interested and so I came up and started watching her play, and as every second went by my fascination EXPLODED, and I was intrigued into this thisā€¦(What was thisā€¦?) I asked she said Roblox, then I asked again and said ā€œCan I Try?ā€ she said ya sure and thatā€™s how I got my first chance to play Roblox, but as time went on my dad got his own computer and I started playing on that.

The Past

at this point, Roblox wasnā€™t a game for me anymore it was an escape from reality a place where I could fit in, a place where there were people who I could relate to, and there were also people who are from the same community as me. and after a little browsing the website I found Roblox Studio, I downloaded it and explored for a little and figured out Roblox wasnā€™t the one making the games, and by this, I was dumbfounded (approximately looked like: .-.) so I started, whenever I could I came on put a car, a gun, and a house, on a Baseplate and voilĆ  a game. (I then learned about building, and scripting and the story continues down there in the present)

The Present
At this point in my life, I had been developing for quite a while (not including breaks and stuff) and decided it was time to start learning how to do things on my own. quarantine came and I decided it was the best time to do so. and so I did, and I know Iā€™ve got a lot more to learn but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been so happy and excited (excluding the frustrating moments, of course) to make or come up with an idea for a game, lol.

and thatā€™s my #RobloxStory

dang I just looked at this it sure is long lol

anyway, thanks for reading,

ā€“X

6 Likes

I started playing roblox in 2015 and really liked it to be on the platform.

After some years i decided to started Developing and took some inspiration from the Game Developer @tyridge77. When i started with Roblox-Studio i had a lot of probems but i keeped it up and now iā€™m really happy with my Development Skills. I still learn a lot of things everyday because there is like no limit.

4 Likes

I remember seeing my cousin playing roblox, so i decided to give it a try and here i am! then i started getting into building!

4 Likes

How is this exactly an update? Anyways, I joined back in '16 after a friend recommended me to join, my first ever game I played was Work at a Pizza Place, have been playing regularly ever since.

5 Likes

I started Roblox in 2015 on my old account! I wish tixs was back :disappointed:

4 Likes

I started Roblox in mid 2014. I watched my brother play the game and I fell in love with it. For the next 4 years, I ventured throughout the whole platform and got more creative with my thoughts and additions that should be added onto the platform.

One day, when I was watching YouTube in 2017, I saw a tutorial on how to make a game on Roblox. I was blown away that you could even make games. I was really interested, but there was one thing stopping me. I only had a mobile device, I couldnā€™t use any laptop or PC to make games.

This really demotivated me for the next few months. However, Christmas was coming up and I begged my parents for some device that I could develop on. It was truly the only thing my mind has been on for the past months.

Christmas rolls around and I got a small laptop that I could finally develop games on. I had been preparing for this moment for the past months by watching scripting & building tutorials and even more. I was all set to make games on Roblox.

For the next 3 years, I have been collaborating with other developers to make games and unique experiences for the platform. For the first 2 years of developing games, I had been picking up a project and then losing inspiration in the first couple of weeks and dropping it. This went on for 2 years until I got requested to join a game studio. I actually worked very hard and never lost inspiration as I had others inspiring me.

This leads to where I am now. My story will most likely expand way more, but for now, this is how it is.

:smile:

4 Likes

Hello, My name is Peyton. [Join date on first account: 1/1/2018]

[I started playing Roblox around 2016 or 2017 as a Guest. I like to create games and I want People on my games to have fun! I heard of roblox when I was with a friend in my house my friend said hey you should download roblox so I did so I played a parkour game for the first time. I said something mean to somebody and they reported me. so I went to my mom and said somebody reported me and she said why and I said I donā€™t know for no reason so my mom said no more roblox but then I reinstalled it so my mom doesnā€™t care anymore.]

4 Likes

I found Roblox through someone close to me, my step-brother. He moved out a very long time ago, he showed me the game and how fun the cool the RPG games were. We actually did play some Naruto games back when the copyright issues werenā€™t present. Those were very fun but Iā€™ve grown up and thatā€™s something that happened 5 years ago.

The games Iā€™d typically play were Prison Life, Phantom Forces & Naruto RP (Prison Life & Naruto RP are basically dead now).

But after time had flown I started investigating other ways and creating my own purpose, because I donā€™t believe in finding purpose. I made a purpose of which I can work with, and that was to be a creative scripter. Although Iā€™m not good at math, I do believe it just takes a little more time and management to get myself going.

Iā€™ve gone through multiple accounts either because I wanted to change my username without paying for it, or not wanting to keep an account with a messy background. Which is why I have so many alternate accounts (pingsock & TheLuminent). I started scripting from possibly the worst place anyone could start according to many professionals Iā€™ve met. But this place allowed me to learn in my own flexibility making me a self-taught Lua scripter (so donā€™t listen to the ā€˜professionalsā€™ unless youā€™re asking for it).

I used the Toolbox to utilize my skills, I found one module in particular and I started comparing and contrasting things inside of the module, requiring me to use the script tools because the module was over 20,000 lines long. There was a lot of code to play with.

After less than a year, Iā€™ve learned nearly everything about Lua & Robloxā€™s API. Although I donā€™t have any groups or people that I develop for, Roblox is still just a playground for me. Iā€™m not very open & Iā€™m more of a calm, self-collected & quiet person, so Iā€™m still working for and by myself to this day.

2 Likes