What's Your Roblox Story?

I joined roblox in 2014, I’ve been on roblox on 2 other accounts(both hacked, terminated respectively).

My current account was created in 2018, I quickly started playing front-page games, and fell in love with most of those games.
Fast forward to mid 2019, I decided to download roblox studio and mess with my starter place game, I quickly then fell in love with scripting, then 2020, here I am.

Roblox is simply amazing.

2 Likes

I joined Roblox around mid-2016 using a different account after I had seen a lot of my classmates and friends playing this game called Roblox. It was crazy to me how all these different games and genres were on one platform, where I could also play with some of my friends.

At the time, I didn’t really pay attention to who was making these games I was playing, until I found out that all of my favourite games were created by regular people. This was when I saw the opportunity that this platform had. I occasionally dabbled with studio building (though I wasn’t very good). I tried scripting a little because I had learned Python not too long ago, but that didn’t work out well. I always thought about different game ideas and things I wanted to make, although most of them were really unrealistic and out of reach.

Near late-2019 was when I felt motivated to actually try something, and I ended up building a basic survival/capture the flag map, using the CTF starter template. After that, I realized my own potential, so I started building more and more, especially after the whole pandemic forced me into quarantine, which meant that I had more time than usual, and that I was extra bored, since I could. I started scripting afterwards too, and now over the course of the past couple of months I have learned to build, decently script, and 3D model in Blender. I even had my first commission this year too!

4 Likes

I’ve known about roblox since the third grade when I made an essay comparing it to minecraft, but for some reason I didn’t like it for no reason until 2016 when I joined it with my firends when we were messing around.

About a year later, I just opened studio wondering what it was and just got hooked making games. I’ve spent the past 3-4 years just learning and improving whether it’s with failed games or other projects.

Now during quarantine, I’ve really started to learn and apply my skills to making two games which I’m exited to publish.

4 Likes

I had joined in 2014 and I my friend showed me the website and I created this account. Then about 5 - 6 months later I start developing games this was the first time I opened studio and learned about. Now I had learned how to Build and Code games and that was the best experience in my life and I still do it to this day.

2 Likes

This is my “I can’t remember at all” story, I searched “sandbox” long time ago then found roblox. I liked the games and the idea of making them and then I decided to study modeling, scripting, gfx and a lot of things and now I can make games by myself (learned everything I wanted so I don’t have to pay to others) and something extra is that I decided to help others in my community to learn more.

So yeah that’s my #RobloxStory that started with a “I like this” to “I’m stingy” and now I’m here at night close to sleep.

Also I don’t know where I found the time to read all the stories until my story right here, can tell you guys have nice stories.

4 Likes

In 2017, my I had seen some videos of Roblox, and my sister played it so she made me an account. I made my name SneakerDude2 because I used to be really into shoe brands.

In 2018, my favorite game was probably Jailbreak. In the summer of 2018 I had a friend group on Roblox and we would play Jailbreak in a VIP server, and other games as well. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had on Roblox.

In 2019, I played a lot of Flood Escape 2. And I mean a LOT. I used to have a 100 day login streak and I’m level 98 in it currently.

At the start of quarantine this year, I started learning how to use Roblox Studio. One of my early games I made with @Tonels_0957 was called The Advanced Obby (it really sucks lol). Looking back at it now makes me realize how much I’ve improved as a developer. If you wanna see how good I am now, look at this build I recently made. I also play obby games like JToH.

Alright, there is my story. Thanks for reading this lol.

1 Like

Introduction

Hi! I’m Eli. I’ve been a developer on Roblox for almost 8 years now. This is the story of how I got here.

I loved to build stuff.
Games like Minecraft were my go-to since early-2010. I was fascinated by the lore of being able to create literally anything I want.

Soon enough I started getting advertisements for Roblox out of the blue, most of which I ignored, but I eventually decided to sign up.

I started out as a guest, and my first game was Welcome to Roblox Building. I had finally found my dream game. Everything I could have ever wanted in a sandbox game was packaged in that small little Roblox game.

The second game I ever played was “Crossroads,” and I got into the more competitive side of Roblox, but nothing caught my eye more than building your own games, and one year later, I finally tried it out.

I was completely oblivious to Roblox Studio at the time, so instead, I started screwing around with the stamper tool not knowing at all what I was getting into.

It was fine for a while, until I wanted something different. I had already grown tired of the preset model stamps and template copy-pasting, and decided to build some stuff of my own. And that’s where the story of my first real game begins.

I finally started digging my hands around in Roblox Studio, and created a huge, boxed-in lobby, and called it “Just A Lobby.”

Creative, isn’t it?

After creating Just A Lobby, I decided to start advertising my game, and I got over 8,000 visits during its lifetime, which doesn’t sound like much at all, but still remains the most amount of visits I’ve ever gotten on a game.

2016-2017

Due to a decrease in player growth, I rebranded the game several times. From Just A Lobby, to Just A Game, to E-Games (a minigames hub.)

In 2017, E-Games was moved to a new game, where production continued for a while. In the same year, I started on Gordon Theatre, a sandbox theatre simulator. This became my highest priority project. (I still work on this game to this day!)

In 2018, I started making building showcases, simply for the purpose of showing off my building skills, and my work as a developer. I also got into scripting in the same year! I made showcases for my scripting abilities later in the year.

In the same year, I started on another big project: “Damage and Chaos,” which was a mayhem/destruction sandbox game.

However, Damage and Chaos, as well as E-Games were both discontinued in late-2018.

2019-2020

I was heavily inspired by zKevin in 2019, so I started making games fitted more in the “quirky” genre, and I’ve been making completely stupid ideas into games ever since then!

And the rest is history…

#RobloxStory

6 Likes

Woohoo! Roblox origin story related? Let’s go!! Here’s my developer story.

I first joined Roblox around March 2017 when my 1st brother has created me an account that I want to play. I first use Roblox studio on a Guest account and I didn’t learn how to build stuff until I have an account to use Roblox studio. I use free models for my starter place that I have(Don’t complain that I use the free model because I don’t know how to make one.). Next year that I learn how to make a model by building with the part. In March 2018, I made my first horror survival called Kate’s Revenge because I use Kate as a free model character and I use a little bit of a free model but I discontinued it because I’m kinda lazy to work it. In 2019, I made many beds like a LOT every day and I have no plan to make a bed museum for them until I stopped making more beds in early 2020. Now in 2020… I made my first… REALLY FIRST… showcase game called My Room which it was my successful that it hit 170+ visits in late 2020 after the update called Basement Room Revamp and Billiard Room. I must be getting so good at building that I would love to improve my building skills! Oh and I forgot that I made a muscle dummy and dragon character model in December 2019 before 2020 which I’m a fan of muscle. This is my origin story of being a small developer.

2 Likes

My Roblox journey began on March, 9th, 2012.
I saw an ad that said free to play for Roblox and it was something I’ve never seen before, I signed up to see what what was this all about. I was super excited when I saw that you can make friends, play games and even make games for free! I told myself like I can build things I like and people would enjoy. I started playing around with studio or the build option of the time of website when Tix was a thing. I remember my first clan I started with a friend called the red eagles army, our imagination went crazy. From there I started building more and improving on studio, such as map design and architecture. As it stands now present day, I’m an official Map Maker for Stylis Studios (Phantom Forces) since March 9th 2019. I’m also currently working with my development team to create a game that hasn’t been done yet for Roblox. Roblox has taught me so much about endless possibilities for building and let your mind explore new paths for ideas you may have. Not only was this exciting, it allowed me to cope with bullying and stress in my actual life, if it wasn’t for Roblox I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t give Roblox up for anything. This is more than a hobby for me it’s my passion and career I want to pursue in doing. Thank You for changing my life into something I never would have thought about doing.

5 Likes

Been Playing ROblox since I was 8, i had this fascination with cool moves flashy stuff cool weapons, I once made a Card Game where like you have buncha chars diff moves, weapons,etc. and like after tht i got my entire school playing it decided to make a video game on it on roblox then i realized that it aint that easy to make 3d characters (I am a lit artist could draw 5 extremely unique cards in like 20 minutes and so I had around 200 cards within a 2 weeks), well then I quit and then I came back during lockdown cuz I was bored learnt scripting and stuff tried making chars again then learnt some scripting then a ton more scripting now I am devoloping games in huge teams.

BeSt pArT is all of the games had magic and all of them had lightning

5 Likes

Touching Story, ngl kinda motivational also cant wait for the new game

4 Likes

Thank you! I hope we can make a great game!

4 Likes

A friend of mine introduced me to Roblox in mid 2018. I didn’t really like the graphics then but I did become pro in Jailbreak lol. Master criminal and police. Tried my hand on Roblox studio but due to a bug, I got annoyed and left it. An year later, found bug was nothing but an increased value in move tool which wouldn’t let me move objects over short distances. I continued learning lua. I have a big group now and lots of robux =DD

Started trading some months ago and made some profits. I’m releasing my new game in some weeks and hope it works out. What’s your story?

1 Like

I found out about roblox in 2015 and played it once or twice as a guest but then didn’t play again until in 2016 when I moved schools due to bullying and made some new friends.
My new friends reintroduced me to roblox and how fun it could really be to be on this platform. I have always been interested in creating as well as playing and so this year I decided to taking developing seriously instead of just chucking together a few free models. I’m loving it so far and I’m hoping to do big things soon.

3 Likes

I began my journey in 2012, mostly playing with a guest account on school with my friends. We always played that stamp build game by builderman or “Happy Home in Robloxia.”

I disconnected from that school a while later and started on my own journey, making things in roblox studio as if it were a sandbox while also playing some regular games I do not remember.

In (possibly) around 2015 I met some people in Miner’s Haven, becoming friends with them. I played Miner’s Haven with them for most of the days I played Roblox. Sometime later I was victim blamed, getting my second account deleted from Roblox, my first account had still existed but at the time I did not have access to anymore.

I created a new account and set out on a quest to find my old friends, which I magically did. Nowadays, I don’t really play with them, one of the friends had most likely left. So then I came back to Roleplay games, one created by ChadTheCreator - “After The Flash - Rain”. I was pretty immature back then, I wasn’t proper in roleplaying, though others and I still had fun doing it. I slowly gain more experience as I play these games more. It was just normal till 2019 which is were I had found the moderation team and the community to be extraordinarily frustrating, so I moved on to another game of Chad which was named the Far Lands. In that game I had made myself big, bigly immature. The community had liked it, I was very known, though it wasn’t the path I would have preferred. I left, with a big mark on the community, leaving it to rot to start my own universe which is were I position myself now. Nowadays, I sometimes play other Roleplay games of ROBLOX, watching the users there, seeing how they act. Occasionally returning to develop on my own game whilst listening to 60-90’s music. Without participating with other communities, I learn much faster.

5 Likes

I first discovered Roblox on the App Store around 2015. I installed it and the first game I tried to play as a guest was a pizzeria game called “Pizza Mobile” or something along those lines. It took so long to load so I picked another game to play and that one also took forever to load so I uninstalled the game and forgot about Roblox.

Two years later, one of my friends was playing Roblox on their PC and introduced it to me. The game he was playing looked super fun so I wanted to give Roblox another shot (on PC this time, just found out back then that you can play Roblox on desktop lol).

After a while, I opened the blue icon sitting on my desktop and fell in love. I started learning how to build and I hated it so I learned how to script. I played around with sculpting terrain and have found my passion for being a 3D terrain artist. Here I am now, making my third showcase with terrain. I’m gonna continue doing what I love for many more years to come and hopefully make a career out of it.
#RobloxStory

3 Likes

I joined back In 2016 as a normal player. I was told about Roblox by friends and since joining Roblox I have had a good time. As of recently, I started making UGC Concepts, 3D models, Accessories, and games for my enjoyment. Seeing people make accessories Inspired me to make models and honestly. I wish more people would have a similar experience. Even tho my account has been compromised, and my JJ5x5’s White Tophat got stolen. I still love the platform. Thank you for making it the way it is. <3

3 Likes

Story: I know it was a long time ago, but I started play as a Guest on Roblox back in 2008/2009 I think (I can’t remember since it was a long time ago). I then signed up to the platform on the 8th of August in 2009 when I was 9 years old. I also started using Roblox studio in that year if I remember correctly.

I did make a few city games but they weren’t that great as they were mainly free models. But I have been improving over the years as more features and content became available to the platform & Roblox Studio.

At one point I wanted to try and make an arcade racing game similar which would have featured car combat and traffic in urban settings similar to an arcade racing series known as Burnout but that didn’t get very far in development. As the years went by, I improved gradually but I kept making the same things as that was what I was only good at. This was fictional city maps but I am getting better at those.

I also remember that I also tried making a couple of games using the personal servers feature but they didn’t really go as what I expected.

Over 11 years on, I have seen a lot come and go but I am still learning new skills. I’ve even started making my first proper game but I will continue to work on that and my projects which I have been working on for a long time. But still in 2020, I have had an attempt at scripting whilst working on Mystery Island Adventure which is my current game in development.

As of now, I will still continue to work on my games/projects whenever I can in my free time but I will continue to try out any features and content that may help. I still use this as a platform to envision what I would like to create and achieve as my goals of what I would like to create on the platform.

#RobloxStory

1 Like

Well, I vaguely remember finding Roblox some time in 2009 after doing the one thing I swore I’d never do - clicking an ad on a Flash game website. After that, since I was about 7 years old at the time, and needed my parents’ permission for just about everything, I spent the next few weeks begging them to let me make an account until they finally did.

Fast-forward a few years, Roblox has practically raised me, but then I drift away from it during high school. I came back around November of last year when I had, coincidentally, just been hacked. The moderation team generously agreed to re-activate my account, and since then I have gone completely nuclear with my account security.

It wasn’t until late this year when I fully came back, now a grown adult working on a Bachelor’s degree, and decided I’d try and make my own game. I already had experience with Python, and from what I’d heard, Lua wasn’t too different. I’ve always been interested in creating games, but all the other times I’ve tried on other platforms, it’s either been too complicated, or too basic. I feel like Roblox is a pretty good middleground.

2 Likes

Started in early 2012 with guest accounts, shortly after making another account but forgetting the password and then ANOTHER which I still have to this day (not this one) I think I found roblox through my brother or through a much older friend or maybe through looking for “free fun games online”.

It’s been a long ride. I’ve had ups and downs as a player and a person and roblox has seen through it all. It’s a platform that has been with me through 8-9 years and has always been there for me through the best and worst days. I’ve met my bestest friends through it and started developing 5-6 years ago and I still dev to this day.
I genuinely can sit here and say I have months/close to a year spent on playing, devving and on the website. Some people will think that’s crazy but if you spend your time on something you’re having fun on, it’s time well spent.

I love roblox now, but when there used to be yearly events at (that halloween decorated highschool-- some of you will know it) it felt like a close community where everyone was accepting. I found players were much more close, kind and comprehensive back then.

Future goals: Advance my developing skills and will see roblox til it’s end because it was there for me through everything.

3 Likes