What's Your Roblox Story?

I first discovered Roblox in July of 2016, when a friend of mine showed it to me. Immediately I was hooked to the game. I didn’t start building until some time in 2017, making small places that would only rack up around a few hundred visits. In early 2018, I created a new account. Due to my other one being deleted for a reason I will not disclose. The first game I created on that account was a game based off of an abandoned location, formerly known as Nickelodeon Studios in Universal Studios Orlando Florida. The game then shot up in popularity, gaining thousands of visits. By 2020 I had reached 10K+ visits, achieving quite the milestone for a small indie developer. Now I’m not here to boost my ego, or anything; But here to deliver a message. While today it has 11K+ visits, other developers would think that’s small; And they’re right. But most importantly, as a small person you start as small and grow big like a tree. Small people mean something to the world.

2 Likes

I learned about roblox in early 2014. I was at a friends house and I saw him playing “Welcome to the Town of Robloxia” and he let me try it. I just played as a guest for a month or two, then mid 2014 i joined roblox. I was hooked. I started making games pretty quickly and discovered the “Build” Feature. anyone remember that? Stamper tool and a bunch of other stuff, it was pretty fun for a while. My first “real” game was me messing around and making a robloxia clone. In 2015, i started buying robux and playing games like “Work at a Pizza Place” and “Pinewood Computer Core” (which i still love to play) . In 2016, all my friends started to get roblox and after school we’d play some MM2 or K.A.T and it was fun. 2017 was the same. But in 2018, i started working on actual games. In 2019 i started work on StarLand, and that was the first time i really got my hands dirty. I learned DataStore and how to properly use RemoteEvents and so much more I make a lot of small games, and a lot of which never make it out of the testing phase. In total, i have 541 games as of 7/26/2021. Some of them are baseplates and crap. In 2020 i continue to develop games and playing more. I’m so happy that roblox has become as big as it is over the past few years.sorry for rambling but that’s my entire story :smiley:

5 Likes

I have been on Roblox for 3 years my first account was Thomasandfriend0006 it was a very hard time for me back then… before that I played on a guest account, I even had my own game! I love to play MM2, Ball Blast, Super Nostalgia Zone, TreeLands, Hmm…, and Westover Islands me and my brother we… w-we don’t talk about him anymore, 8 alts later my brother’s account Sand_BOy8 ‘the name is very confusing, I know well fix it’ so it was to be an alt but it wasn’t and he is I here to this day. and here I am Sandboy well and that it that’s my story…

3 Likes

I’ve been on ROBLOX since mid-late 2015 (On a different account). I started by playing famouse games at the time (i.e Work at a Pizza Place, Twisted Murder, and possibly more). I then realized I could make games using ROBLOX studio. I played around with Studio, getting free models and making trash games. I then started learning to build myself, and made some pretty decent test games. Then, in mid 2019, I started to learn how to code. Here I am, 5 years after playing ROBLOX, I could build decent-awesome builds, and code decent stuff. Roblox had an impact on my life, and my friends too, and we’re happy that we discovered this awesome platform. That’s my story, goodnight everybody!

3 Likes

I used to play a lot, recently I started developing for some extra robux. I got my first commision because I wanted this hat. That is the hat on my avatar right now.

3 Likes

Found a ad for roblox on a game that started getting boring in 2010, also remember seeing tv ads before that and gave it a shot, have been playing threw most of the days every week since then, started out playing games and made my first build shortly after, quickly getting into developing mostly cars up to 2014, i was burned out from that and switched to mainly steam era locomotives and railways, first locomotive i made was in 2012. my build quality really started kicking off when unions where added to roblox, and more recently when parts could be scaled down to 0.05.
Today i play less games, but i do plenty of development. Re creating a complete replica of something on roblox can actually teach you a lot about how the real thing was built and how it operated, as long as you can find clear prints online showing the mechanical parts. I have become skilled enough to create freelance locos that look like they could truly be real and work in real life. I plan to continue using roblox for more years to come, building solo in studio is a ageless activity and there is much to learn from it.

2 Likes

i downloaded the game on my ipad then when my family got a laptop I made a game

3 Likes

I started to Roblox originally on Xbox, Yes I know people will cringe at hearing that. From that I realized that the mobile and Pc platforms of roblox had WAY more things, Being the games. Plus it did not glitch as much. Anyways I have been with roblox for four years ever since 2016 on both my xbox and PC account to which I play on my Pc account always.

3 Likes

I am Braulio Crespo, and I found Roblox back in 2009.The memories I have made along the way will remain with me forever.

I am from Mexico, and moved to the United States in 2012. Interestingly enough, playing Roblox not knowing English is hard. At least back then, and I feel as if it actually helped my transition from Spanish to English.

One thing I can say for sure though, Roblox has shaped me in a way that allowed me to master software of all types to get the results I desire. Thanks to Roblox, I felt pushed to the point where I needed to harness the value of design with great amounts of creativity and time.

Today, whether I want to design a vector file for a real life shirt, or if I want to open blender to create a car to import to Studio, it’s all there for me because I took the time to learn it.

So why did I take the time to learn complex programs? It’s simple, I was co-creating a game titled ‘Roblo RP’ back in 2017-2018 with the very talented @Fire_Forged . Nevertheless, the game was never finished as he passed away. His thoughts will always remain with me as during that time he was the one that gave me the drive to pursue my limits to achieve my artistic goals.

Here is some screenshots from Roblo RP.

The game has a lot more to show but I don’t want to spam, if you would like the check the place out:

Thanks to Roblox, my skills today range from creating designs for real life garments with vector files, to designing cars, weapons, clothing in Blender, to texturing them in Substance Painter, exporting them to Photoshop to polish them even more, to creating a music video in Premiere and AE while doing it all by myself.

I would say Roblox is the gateway for human imagination early in one’s life as it really empowers you to create whatever your heart desires. Without Roblox, I don’t how where my artistic skillset would be.

4 Likes

Feel like I wanna write my story again. I also added morals to my story as well.

Introduction

Hi, I’m AndreiMattPonayaDF. I’m 14 years old on Roblox.

I first joined in Febuary 2016. I was 9 years old at the time.

How I found Roblox

[Date: Feburary 23, 2016]
I found Roblox one day when I went to my cousin’s house in Quezon, in the Philippines. We were playing one day, and my cousin showed me Roblox. I was thinking: What is Roblox?

He showed me games, how they work, and how fun it is.
My dad signed me up on the platform. I was amazed. There were TONS of games on Roblox.

How I got into developing on Roblox

2 years later. [Date: September 13, 2019]
My dad gave me a laptop. I remember it had Windows 7 on it. Anyway… I saw Roblox Studio when I setup Roblox on my laptop. I clicked on it. I touched some free models, and even made a wall of bricks and called it a day. The next day I watched YouTube and got more serious into developing. I discovered about DevForums.
Then I started developing. But behind everything, I’ve been hiding something.

My dark secret

At school I always hid that I was a developer. Eventually my friends found out and harrased me. I ended up in the emergency room.

One day they went to my house because I had a PS4 and played Fortnite. They told me to “Delete your account, [hidden name]!”

I said, fine. I was stupud because I was about to break Roblox TOS but stopped. And said to my old friends, “You can’t make me give up, ******! I do what I want my hobbies to do!” They slapped me and never met again.

Status

Now, during the pandemic my family is fighting from the COVID. Everyone had a stressful year. We hope the year ends though.
I never met those bullies again though. I am also a Filipino Translator and Inexperienced Builder :stuck_out_tongue:

Moral

If someone harrass you for what you love or like and tell you to give up, don’t. You’ll make it worse.

That’s it everybody. If you read all of it that’s appreciated.

5 Likes

I started playing Roblox since 2015 on an alt account that I recently found, for a while I wasn’t interested in using Roblox studios but in 2017/2018 I started making games, these weren’t real games as they were just me putting random free models in a baseplate, but in 2019 I started to learn how to code and although I wouldn’t be able to make a really good game I have good understanding on the basics of Lua coding, that was my story of becoming a Roblox developer.

My Roblox Story:

I first found out about Roblox at a computer club I used to go to after school, when I would play Roblox with my friend. After I played it for a couple days at the computer club, I also started playing on my home computer. When I first installed the Roblox player, I noticed a blue icon appear on the computer. I forgot about it that day, and a couple days later I went back to it.

Back in those days, I would download free models of houses or buildings, ungrouped and unanchored them, and placed them high above the ground and watched them fall apart. I knew you could script and make games but I never got into it for some reason.

flash forward three years

I took a huge break from Roblox a couple months after my account creation. I started playing Roblox again after the pandemic caused everything to shut down when I was bored, but this time, I really tried out a variety of games. But one day, I realized that many games on Roblox have almost no effort put into them, and then I got the thought sparker: I want to make my own games on Roblox

I came up with all these cool ideas on games, but I knew that I first needed to know how to make them. Building seemed pretty easy, but I was interested in one particular aspect on Roblox game creation: scripting. I went onto YouTube and typed in “how to script on Roblox”. The first thing that came up was a tutorial playlist on how to script. However, instead of watching a new video every day, I binged all of them until I couldn’t even understand what the person was trying to do. And then I decided to give up.

A couple months later, I was playing Roblox with some of my relatives, and I asked them in the chat “wouldn’t it be cool if I made my own game?”, and I imagined how much fun they would have playing my games, so the next day, back to the videos I went to and I ended up learning the basics in just a couple of days

Now, I am getting used to scripting and it is now my favorite outlet to forget about everything that is happening. My advice to any future game creators, and it’s a common saying is:

“Never give up”

I started playing ROBLOX along with my two brothers, Antibeverfever, and Brotoad1564, in 2012. I later invited many of my school friends on to the platform, one of whom I would showcase my free model builds to and would play on for hours. I was just a casual player for around 2 years while playing ROBLOX, then I discovered the scene of the VCR (Video Creations with ROBLOX), specifically the Machinima Community.

I fell in love with creators like PhireFox, Faave, PixelFlame, TheGreatZekrom, and ObliviousHD to name a few.

I started making my machinimas with Microsoft Expression Encoder, a very choppy screen recorder that I found from a how-to tutorial on YouTube. I started making about 3 videos a day on the weekends until I settled with the occasional video every 2 weeks. Along the way, I made some incredible friends who also dipped their toes in the Machinima community. People like Dendilus, ObliviousHD and ForeverHD, Inventor1116, PremiumSalad, BuurmanTenus, Voidtexx, Smokey, Daisy1002, SnyFort, Haloseba, and Kasodus to name a few.

I kept up the Machinima videos until 2017, which wasn’t a good year for me. I lost a lot of friends for dumb and ignorant things I said on Twitter, I lost close friends who I spent my prime years with because we were both immature and did dumb stuff which resulted in us both cutting contact with eachother. My parents were going through a divorce, I was moving to a new country and I felt more alone than ever, and I was picked on at school for making videos with ROBLOX, which was considered a kids game. I also saw a mass migration of people quitting ROBLOX YouTube and moving on with new adventures or just being a normal person. I decided to do videos away from ROBLOX, and animate with programs like flash.

Later on my ROBLOX journey, I just decided to make builds with ROBLOX and play games with friends. I’m not very active in ROBLOX communities anymore, as it doesn’t interest me and I don’t really like the people in most of them, especially the Roblox Twitter Community. Over the past 4 years, I patched up some broken friendships, others remain broken, I hope to fix those in the future.

As for my friends who have made a full on career off of ROBLOX, I couldn’t be more proud of them, I consider them my legacy.

1 Like

I joined in 2014 on my first account: TommyB213 which i had for like a year or 2 then it got hacked then i got the TommyB213B213 account which i had for like 3 years then got locked out of because of 2 step verification, it didnt get hacked or anything, i could still log in on xbox before 2 step got added to it then i got this account, Tomader910 which i have used ever since playing games like build a boat for treasure, arsenal, Toh, piggy with my friends, bloxburg, treelands, and i have tested for a few games like Tapping Legacy, I also am helping on a game by building for it (not allowed to give any info) im nearing my 7th year in june and my 14th year of life in september.

2 Likes

Hello: :wave:

My Story:

I have to say that my Roblox story is likely unconventional compared to most. I hope my story will serve as inspiration and a reminder that no matter your age, life obstacles, or skillset you can accomplish any goal you apply yourself to. If you love to do something, are passionate, and put the work in you’ll get there. First, I am a bit older than most on the platform (28). Second, I was introduced to Roblox by my children in 2018. They are ten and seven now.

If you do the math, I obviously had children at a very young age. Also, my mother had been very sick for most of my life. This forced me to join the workforce early. I worked as a roofer for a few years, I then worked at Chipotle for approximately six years. I started of as a crew member there and worked my way up to a General Manager position. While I was working at Chipotle, I slowly obtained an Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies. Which ultimately lead me to a job as Paralegal.

I have managed to keep my living expenses fairly low, so I have never been forced to stay in a job to maintain a lifestyle. Paralegal work is actually quite boring and was just not for me. Unfortunately, my mother passed away last year. At that point I had already discovered Roblox Development. I realized that life is too short, and I decided that I wanted to find a job that would allow me to have more time to Develop. Now I work at UPS as a Package Handler, loading trucks that deliver packages to neighborhoods in the area that I live in. I work 25 to 30 hours a week, I can pay all my bills, I have great benefits, and most importantly I have time to work on my true passion. Roblox Development!

Passion:

I grew up playing video games. Mostly racing games and sports titles. I have gained a lot from playing video games, such as problem solving skills, resilience, and joy. Of course, I wanted to share that experience with my kids. When my children started playing on Roblox, it took me sometime to realize that developing games on the platform was possible. It actually was not until I witnessed my son playing with free models in studio, that I discovered the full capabilities of Roblox.

I have always wanted to learn how to code and I also thought about making video games before. I saw Roblox Studio as a chance to explore code, the video game industry, and teach my son what I learned. The main reason for getting started was the opportunity to bond with my son. Like many other developers, I started to make things, then make code do stuff, and make actual games. I was hooked. The same joy I get from playing games, I get from developing games. The icing on the cake, Roblox and Roblox Development has brought me and my children together. I watch scripting tutorials with my son and my daughter helps me with world design and map building. We talk shop a lot.

New skill set:

I like to think that I am categorized as an Intermediate to Advanced scripter.
I have a very firm grasp on game design.
I have a good understanding of studio. – I am a decent builder.
My UI design is getting better.
I have learned basic graphic design concepts.

Accomplishments:

I have a basic Tycoon called Jurassic Theme Park Tycoon that has currently amassed 77k visits. It’s nothing too special, but it’s something.

Current Goals:

• Spend the next 3 months doing as many scripting tutorials as I can. I have realized that I need to practice to fill in any gaps I may have missed while I learned sometime last year. – Learn as much about developing a game from concept to delivery.

• Create a portfolio.

• Find Developer Friends

• Start a new project of my own or possibly join a team.

If you’ve made it this far, Thanks for reading, Also, I apologize if any of this was too mature for some.

Cajetan

4 Likes

I started playing Roblox in 2014 as a Guest and I think I made an account in 2016. I just played the games enjoying them as a kid back then, not a care in the world… In 2017 I made the account I am on now and I was still just enjoying the game. I think the first time I considered developing was when I just experimented out in studio. I wasn’t doing anything productive, but boy was I having fun. As I set in, I started to realise where my skills laid at and what I was weak at. Ever since then Roblox has been literally a part of my life, it’s pretty much a routine for me.

I started playing roblox after it was so popular. I joined roblox while on a vacation to France. I chose the name Toad4707 because of my favourite character from Nintendo, Toad. I made myself to resemble Toad. What I’m looking forward is facial features where you got happy and sad and more.

People didn’t like Roblox’s idea as it was too creepy

my story started in 2019, before i became a scripter, i just can make free admin commands because im too lazy to watch scripting tutorials and earn 15 robux, that i know it isn’t too special. i gave up and attempt to be a normal player. in 2020 i found a community called InDex by United Roblox Of Indonesia, I view their creations and Their games, until i found this quote: ‘don't give up on the thing you love about’. i start learning from Alvinblox to TheDevKing until i found DevForum and trx powered community by Loominatrx(loomina - Roblox). a lot post by developers and robloxians that make me greater at scripting, is actually very helpful
sorry im bad at english

I joined Roblox back then, in 2016 it was the end of my 4th year of school and I wanted to try something new something that seemed really fun. I got interested in Roblox in that period, one of my friends recommended it to me and told me that the game is like a game and a game and that there are various types. In 2017 I got interested in military-themed groups, the first one I tried was a United States Army in the period of the Vietnam war in which I did not have any good memories and then I joined another one which was the one happening in the 18th century, that is the one in which I had the most memories. There I found many new friends which I liked to hang out with and had a lot of fun with them but some months ago I have made that friendship comes to an end by making stupid decisions and being mean to all of them for some reason. My story is still alive and a month ago I started using blender to make Roblox models which made me get my first 1000 Robux in the whole 4 years of me playing this fun game. I am proud of myself and I hope I make more progress in the future.

I was shown Roblox by a couple of people, since it was a new thing for me, especially since the fact that there was thousands or millions of free games surpised me, so I went to play it, and I stuck with it since. Also due to the great amount of customizations nowadays, it really just increases the replayability exponentially, and then it becomes an identity of you.