White line on the right side of the screen when using scaled resolution

Since last month there has been a white line on the right edge of my screen when starting Roblox with 150% windows scaling on a 1440p monitor. This is the only application where this issue occurs.

Untitled

Repro:

• Set the windows scale to 150%
  • Open Roblox in fullscreen

The line is not visible on 100% scaling. You can (mostly) get rid of the line by scaling down to 100% and back to 150% while the game is running, but if you scale from 200% to 150% the line returns.

Additionally, increasing the windows scale still reduces the in-game resolution.

8 Likes

This happens to me as well. Doesn’t really affect me

1 Like

From what I understand, it’s how certain applications handle the iFrame being scaled within the entire window api, when having the display scaled up using Windows scaling.

There’s nothing on the user end that can be done, apart from attempting to remedy it by going into Advanced scaling settings, and setting the screen scaling like 145, 160 etc.

Do you have any other monitors connected, with a different resolution to 1440p, as that can also cause an issue due to projecting the window elements if moved to the lower/ higher resolution monitors.

But overall, if its due to purely windows display scaling, it is due to the Roblox client not being updated to support it, as you may also notice elements become blurrier when scaled, which indicates Roblox is just scaling down the resolution of the window, to fit the scaling. So, if so, the only way is to wait for a fix by Roblox, to update the client to better work with display scaling.

1 Like

This post here looks more like a feature request rather than a bug report so you should re-post it here: Feature Requests - DevForum | Roblox. Thank you for reacing to us!

With all due respect, this is not a feature request. There’s an obnoxious white line stuck on the side of my screen. I have reason to believe that this is caused by a client update that happened somewhere in april.

5 Likes