Why is it showing inf file dimensions ( new mesh importer )

My friend here is trying to import a plane with the new mesh importer but the file dimension says inf inf inf how do we fix this

@E1_PrivateTrainer

14 Likes

The dimensions of the model are probably too big to be imported as some meshes when you add them in resize themselves a lot bigger.

Although I could be wrong so don’t take my word for it!

2 Likes

Is there a way to fix this? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Mmmm

1 Like

I am no expert with meshes or blender but I think there is a way to size it down in blender possibly?

hopefully a someone whos good with meshes will comment

I have found the fix!

1. Remove meshes with 0 verts
  2. Try to exclude plane meshes (those that are just planes)

They seem to stretch up to infinity when imported!

13 Likes

Is there a tutorial on how to do it? I have never used blender before and i’m attempting to import a model I downloaded from the internet

If there are verticie-less meshes in the final importing model, then it says inf dimension. Try delete the verticie-less meshes in blender and give it another go

I mean I have a combat jet with over 1,000 parts and it still shows infinite dimensions, what do I do?

2 Likes

1000 meshes or 1000 parts in studio? If it is being imported with 1000 meshes then there is a chance that meshes with 0 verts are being imported too.

Pro tip: You don’t have to delete them if you really need them.

I experienced the same using a rig which used planes to display skeleton information.

1. Import your mesh to Roblox Studio

Click on an entry in the left panel, open the Object Geometry drawer on the right side and see if any of the objects has the property Object Dimensions: -inf, -inf, -inf

2. Once you find the culprit

Go to blender (or whatever you use), find the culprit and hide it (press H). In blender you will see the eye has closed, this means it is hidden in the viewport.

3. Go into object mode (top left of screenshot below)

Press A to select all objects.

4. Export your FBX

Make sure Selected Objects is ticked in the settings menu

You can also tick the Visible Objects box, untick Selected Objects, and ignore the previous step, however I have not tested this extensively.

5. Profit :smile:

Answer the poll and let people know if this works or not

Did it work for you?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

if none of the things on this thread worked, do this:

open blender and import your model (mine is an fbx)
export it as an obj
import the obj
export the obj as an fbx

done (it worked for me idk if it will for you :smile: )

9 Likes

Truly is the solution!

Awesome!

I’m having the same problem now, nothing seems to be working, its just a simple bucket.

I can’t seem to find the culprit
nothing seems to have any warning stuff on them for me

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of it being an FBX file as all of the meshes are now going to be one?