Why is my GUI being stretched? | Nothing has helped so far

So I noticed that my GUI was stretching in game and I’m not sure why. I made sure the position is Scaled as well as the Size.

In game:

In Studio:

I realize that in game, we have more space to see the screen, but not sure how to fix this problem.

I’m aware that scaling makes it fit on every screen, however, not sure how to make it look the same size on bigger screens. I also know that 0.1 Scale is 10% of the screen but I just want to make sure the size doesn’t grow too much on big monitors

1 Like

you can use autoscale for this!

1 Like

Already tried it. It does not seem to work

3 Likes

The GUI will scale according to the aspect ratio of the player’s computer monitor if you have the GUI’s size and position scaled rather than offset.

If you want to maintain the size and/or position on any screen, use offset rather than scale!

I tried offset but the position/size of the GUI tends to change for other screens, it does not fit on screen.

And you’ve made sure your anchor is set to 0.5 and 0.5, and all everything that could be scaled is set to 0?

This plugin is to auto-scale each type of screen:

I don’t know if it will be the same as the plugins that the
@AwakenedElemental

1 Like

What do you mean by that? Anchor the UI to 0.5,0.5 and make the Position/Size scale 0?

Tested it, it does not seem to work…

Won’t you have a script that does that?
can you send a copy?

Yeah, set all scales to 0 and compensate by using the offset and see if that works.

Tried it and it still doesn’t seem to work

I’m not a master of UI by any means, but it looks like you could use a UIAspectRatioContraint (and maybe a UISizeConstraint) to me. That can lock your X/Y size ratios and prevent the stretching based on screen size based on that ratio.

Offset is not what you want to use, as the name suggests, it offsets the ui. When you use the autoscale plugin by ZacBytes, insert an AspectRatioConstraint.

1 Like

This is off topic but can you tell me what font that is? It looks really cool.

It’s an image, not a roblox font.

There are many helpful plugins that help you change offset to size. You can also add a UI constraint and see if that works. Good luck!

Tried many things, nothing seems to work…

3 Likes

I’ve tried several things, just as you, and it seems like I’m having the most trouble with maintaining the aspect ratios of GuiObjects that I want to stay in the middle of the screen and not stretch.

1 Like

Nevermind, I figured it out. Setting the AnchorPoint of the GuiObject to (0.5, 0.5), THEN proceeding to use ZacByte’s AutoScale Lite’s “Add Constraint” button on the GuiObject, allows my object to stay in the middle of the screen and not stretch. You might need to drag the GuiObject to where you want it after you click the button, but it worked for me!

2 Likes