Widget dock beta causes "properties" widget to reset position every ui refresh

Currently, as of 12/7/23, enabling the current widget dock beta (Docking Updates [Studio Beta]) results in unstable docking behavior. Widgets will often reset their positions when opening studio or running a play-solo test!

In the video below, observe how the “properties” widget keeps resetting itself despite me explicitly docking it to the left of the explorer.

Expected behavior

It is expected that widgets would not change their docking state on studio restart or playsolo runs.

5 Likes

We are aware. :sad: Yesterday’s v605 release introduced a race condition that knocked the Beta Feature off (even if checked). Hotfix is in progress.

3 Likes

You’ll know if you have new docking activated if the splitting options while dragging are fewer than all the crazy options you see in the current/old docking.

3 Likes

@MeshOfPaul Might want to take a look at this report. Seems related:

1 Like

I was actually looking into this exact issue when I realized my Updated Docking functionality disappeared before my eyes. My hope is it’s related to the regression but I’ll get back to it once we verified the Beta Feature is back for everyone.

5 Likes

That’s weird, as this behavior has been happening off and on for months now for me. Are you sure it’s entirely related to this update?

1 Like

Following up to see if this resolved with last week’s hotfix?

This often happens for any widget, rarely. For example, the tag editor randomly opens when opening a place, even when I have never opened it myself after since turning on the beta.

Also noticing Find/Replace All window opening on the bottom randomly when stopping a playtest. That’s just… studio.

Hi @MeshOfPaul! I haven’t noticed the issue occurring today, so I’m assuming it’s been fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.