Windows incorrectly docking in Studio, malformed windows

Day 95… Slowly starting to lose my sanity more and more each time Studio incorrectly docs a tab. Still wondering if there is hope left for this critical bug to be fixed. I can no longer run Local Server Test Sessions anymore due to this. I am trying to do bug fixing on my own but it appears there is another bug in the way causing me to not figure out what is breaking it.

For real though, this needs to be fixed ASAP. It has gotten to the point where I can no longer do my work properly. Apparently, 1/4th of a year isn’t long enough for a critical bug to be fixed.

Local Server Test Sessions:
When you test on a local server with 2+ clients, it works perfectly fine the first time. Try any other time after that and everything breaks. This makes finding bugs in multiplayer games in Studio impossible to find/fix/diagnose.

Please please please fix this.

2 Likes

Can’t even develop without this happening!

1 Like

This bug started plaguing me this week, it is truly terrible. This literally is a randomized bug that I have no control over, I’ve had to restart studio 5+ times just to get a working session that doesn’t have this bug.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue and this occurs to me in 50/50 chance whenever I open studio. All I have to do is reopen the app until it’s fixed. Such a hassle thing to do.

1 Like

This happens to me too, more often with larger games and when playtesting with many clients. Extremely annoying

@robloxtuesdays0611

Any update on this? The issue is still occurring every time I open studio and the same with the rest of my Development team. It takes at least 4 or 5 attempts of Closing Studio and re-opening a place, before it actually opens as it is intended to do.

For me, most of the time it does as explained by other uses above, (windows are in separate tabs and don’t go back together without restarting studio), but some of the time studio has nothing loaded in it at all, and is completely blank.

I have tried re-installing studio and the method you explained here:Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade - #527 by robloxtuesdays0611
However neither seem to have fixed the issue.

This has been occurring ever since the update to Studio’s Icons for me and my Development Team.

Thanks.

I thought it was me only… Still happening to me

This also appears to still happen, the 3D world and the studio are two different tabs. Attempting to move the camera in the 3D world is just stuck looking down and is really sensitive.

3 Likes

Or you could just do what I said previously in the thread:

which will do the same thing.

2 Likes

It may not be a fix for everyone, but for me, the causing issue seemed to have been roRender.

Once I uninstalled roRender and re-installed Roblox Studio, the issue didn’t appear to me again.

1 Like

It started happening for me again

1 Like

Do you know how to fix it on Mac ?

Happens to me too, especially when starting a local server. Almost every docked window just bugs out and it opens like 15 of undocked and unusable windows :frowning:

1 Like

There shouldn’t be a problem with Mac. You can open quick view and search for “reset layout”.

Its absolutely insane and unacceptable that this is still an issue.

When testing a game in studio, there is a (much lower now) chance of the game viewport disappearing. Resizing the studio window fixes it though.

That in itself would be somewhat fine, but having multiple studio windows open at the same time ALWAYS undocks the viewport, and you cant even redock it manually anymore. So you are just stuck with undocked viewports.

Removing the ability to undock the viewport seems like a bad solution, since in the end it didnt really fix anything, and having the ability to resize and undock the viewport was really nice to have personally.

4 Likes

A possible solution that worked for me was:

1: Click to that button and then on Customize.

2: Search for “Reset View” and press ADD then OK.

3: Then a button will appear at top and you will have to press it, then restart.

4: When you restart and open Roblox Studio, the issue should be solved and then you can disable the “Reset View”.

That worked for me, I hope I helped.

4 Likes

Resets for like a second and then breaks again for me.

Unbelievable how long this issue has been persisting I cannot have two studio tabs open without it breaking.

Hello, sorry to hear you’re still having the problem, unfortunately that’s the only solution I’ve found that works for my devices, but you’re right, they should fix it because it’s a critical problem for developers.

Wanted to say that I have this issue too, but only when I have two studio instances open. With just one open, the problem never occurs.