Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Any idea why when opening scripts itll dock to the wrong spot, even after moving it to the right spot, and closing it, then opening another or the same script itll dock to the same spot as before.

2 Likes

I love it but… I also hate the way it works, the amount of times studio bugs and undocks all windows them refuses to redock the literal main window is horrendous, like they all become seperate frames, sometimes I just get gray boxes stuck, it is quite a buggy and awful thing I wish I could disable.

I’ve reinstalled and restarted studio, it’s just the buggy design…

1 Like

when i open studio sometime it look like this.

2 Likes

For the love of god, this feature is not stable, the replies on this post say it for me.

Can we PLEASE make this new docking and ribbon upgrade a “BETA Feature” toggle, those who want to use it can encounter the bugs and report them, the ones that don’t want to use it due to the bugs don’t have to use it and can choose to not use this overhaul.

Yes, this overhaul is brilliant but that’s if we ignore the countless amount of issues that are consistent and I can’t think of one BETA toggle feature which has left so many problems when enabled BUT now when you release something fully with no BETA toggle a massive problem like this occurs.

Just give us devs the BETA toggle for this feature and keep it as far away as you can from release till the once who are using the BETA toggle have no more major bugs to report.

4 Likes

keep your beta feature as a beta feature
this is extremely unstable

3 Likes

Hi Studio Users!

We have added a new feature that let’s you reset the docking layout of Studio through the click of a button. The action is called Reset View, which can be accessed through Quick Open (Ctrl+Alt+P). It can also be added to Quick Access Bar Actions for easier access. Attaching a video that demonstrates how to use the feature.

18 Likes

That’s great, do you think next up could be saving/loading layouts?

For a while now the Roblox Studio Mod Manager has allowed for this button to be enabled via. modifying FFlags toggle state in the client, although it has no function :thinking:

This might be saving/loading studio layouts! :eyes:

I’m surprised I have seen no discussion on this “Layout Manager” as it hints at possible major stuff for studio design as a whole!

3 Likes

(accidentally pressed post on an empty reply, apologies)
-I have no way of posting this in studio bugs so I thought it was best to post it here.

Around the same time this update was announced everything in studio got displayer bigger than it should be.

Icons on the main page are almost twice the size compared to before the update.

And certain windows are sized improperly when setting the app’s windows DPI property to override, if no override you just get a stretched out look that comes off as blurry.

Again I am uncertain if this has anything to do with the icon update, nor do I have access to posting on Studio Bugs.

If anything I’d like to know if anyone else is having these same issues.

The new docking system is way too restrictive, I can’t even put my properties window under my explorer window like I normally do, I’ve reverted to the old design for now and opted-out of the beta because of this issue until it’s resolved.

Edit: I’d love if there was a way to go back to the old docking system, even after opting out of the beta, it’s still there and it’s really annoying.

Hi @MasterBroNetworkPC, with the new docking framework you have to first undock the panel you want to redock and the as you move it to location that you want to dock into, you will see markers/charms appearing, which tell you the possible places/ways the panel can be docked. I’m attaching a video that docks Properties under Explorer.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this reply, I never knew that.
I feel like there should be some easier way to figure this out due to it being a rather unorthodox method.

Either way, thank you so much for the help! :slight_smile:

I wish that the docking system for plugins would stay where it was like in the old docking system, in the old system previously if you put a plugin in a dock even if you disabled and enabled it again. It would not reset it’s position, now would you disable and then enable a plugin it resets it’s docking position and this is really annoying to me.

Hi, I’m encountering a bug where whenever I close and re-open a place within studio, the layout is all messed up and I am not able to drag and resize any tabs. I have to restart the studio program for it to fix. I assume this is related to this update, this has happened to me on multiple machines so I wonder if anyone else has this issue.

Hi @052008cooljp, we are aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

1 Like

Hi @Rae3504, can you please answer the questions below?

1. Was this always happening for you, or it just started to happen?
  2. Do you have a dual-monitor setup and Studio is running on your second monitor?
  3. Do you have the High DPI beta feature enabled, and what is the scaling of the monitor where you are running Studio. Is it more than 100%?
  1. I believe this only started happening when the new docking feature was enabled for me.
  2. Yes, I checked and the issue only happens when studio is open on the second monitor
  3. I have it enabled, I disabled it and it no longer happens. The scale of the second monitor is 100%.

I remember this issue happening to me before well before the high DPI feature was released but I don’t remember the details of when that happened. I’ll lyk if it occurs again.

Thanks.

Got this to happen from another way today, this time from re-adjusting a plugin’s widget window.

1 Like

I am having this issue aswell, and the only way for me to fix this is to close and re-open studio until it fixes itself.

yall serious now? removing attachments, and specialmeshs? :sob: