Windows incorrectly docking in Studio, malformed windows

Wanted to say that I have this issue too, but only when I have two studio instances open. With just one open, the problem never occurs.

Still getting this annoying bug, why has Roblox not fixed it yet :rage:

Did you try this yet? It seems to fix the issue in most cases.

You, guys, just need to press “Ctrl + P” in the main roblox studio window, then type > reset view and press on it. Then restart roblox studio and done!

This seems to be really prevalent, even now. I feel like more QA testing should’ve been done before pushing this into a major release. This seems like a massive oversight.

In this first screenshot, the output window (which isn’t active) shows on top of the ToolBox.

This second screenshot shows the script view being overlayed into the toolbox interface

This bug seems to happen most frequently when you click the Toolbox icon while the toolbox is active, which disables it. Upon clicking it again, the toolbox will reappear - but will be inside of the ribbon UI:

It also becomes it’s own window at this point as well:

The bug happens to every docked plugin UI as well, and the docked UI system constantly crashes about 90% of the time, asking you to restart studio.

Repo steps:

1. Open Toolbox
  2. Close Toolbox by clicking the Toolbox icon
  3. Open toolbox again

To get the script overlay:
When the Toolbox is bugged, simply minimize the studio window.

I suggest reverting back to the old window manager because this is just so far beyond broken and should’ve had more testing before being released. Revert the changes, implement this as a beta feature instead.

With release 558, users who are still facing this issue will encounter a dialog to reset their layout.

Hitting reset will reset your layout and resolve the issue permanently.

If you do not receive this dialog, or the dialog did not resolve the issue, you may follow the steps here

or here

to force reset your layout

After a reset, this issue should not be encounterable again.

3 Likes

This is also false, I haven’t received any such notification.

Interface is completely messed up, i tried playing with the docking system to attempt to fix it since one time it did. But restarting studio like tons of times doesnt fix the problem, too frustrating.

edit:

With release 558, users who are still facing this issue will encounter a dialog to reset their layout

Saw it like thrice but still have big docking problems and i can’t just reset it everytime i encounter it

edit 2:
Idk if I’m lucky but i restarted studio like 10 times and the viewport was correctly placed but the toolbox seems to be a cause of trouble in the docking system

yeah i keep getting this issue aswell, have to try opening studio 2 or 3 times to finally get it to work

Hi everyone,

We believe we have resolved the remaining issues of layout corruption with release 560. Please update your Roblox Studio and let us know if you continue to face corruption of your layout (for example, a widget or 3d view being docked to the top left and unmovable).

5 Likes

I updated mine , and I still frequently run into the same problem as all of the above users say, the windows incorrectly docking in studio, ending up breaking the studio.

2 Likes

I’ve already updated and even uninstalled Studio and installed it again, the bug persists, especially when I play the game inside Roblox Studio, when I stop the simulation, the game screen separates from the Studio itself, making it impossible to use it that way.

1 Like

I got the same problem, uninstalling studio and resetting PC didn’t work for me

2 Likes

Still experiencing this issue. I can’t even work on my game anymore. Every time I playtest, the windows break and I have to restart. Even then sometimes it breaks.

This needs to be fixed as it is heavily impacting my workflow.

2 Likes

The problem still presented, nothing worked neither.

Ah yes, studio always wants to look malformed when closing a session. pic:

2023-01-31 (18)

My situation got even worse

This one should have been reset on a restart of Roblox Studio.
Is that not the case for you?

If anyone continues to face issues where a widget or 3d view is docked to the top left and unmovable (after a studio restart) please DM me or post here. We have resolved a significant number of cases and will continue to iterate

2 Likes