Would my game have less lag if it has free models but without scripts

All parts are made up of triangles in the Roblox engine. Since the cars are really realistic looking, they’re made up of a lot of triangles/parts.

A player has framerate lag when their computer can’t generate the triangles fast enough. Therefore if you remove the cars you’re removing triangles, making it easier to load in your game and have it not lag as much.

2 Likes

it’s because i don’t exactly how to make a model that’s as good as a free model
there were some models i made like the bacon buy, bacon mart, bacon store and a few other buildings, but the rest of the stuff like the computers, the couches, and cars are free models sadly
even if i try to make some like a free model, it just doesn’t look as good as a free model probably does

1 Like

i kinda want to remove the cars (or in your case, triangles) but idk how to build like a simple car that will actually work. months ago, i tried making one by following a tutorial on youtube, but it didn’t work much since it said 0 on AreHingesDetected in properties even when i added hinges into the wheels.

and plus many people have already gotten used to the cars that my game currently has

There are too many cars in the game, Plus there could be virus scripts hidden in the cars causing the lag.

Please, try to remove some of the cars and see if that reduces the lag.

1 Like

it might be because of depth of field

2 Likes

i looked at the scripts and they werent viruses
btw i got them from this devforum post from a month ago New Endorsed Models in Toolbox!

i tried removing a few when i tested them in roblox studio but the lag still wasnt reduced

1 Like

why do you think its the depth of field thats lagging my game

depth of field for me is always really laggy

1 Like

I would say remove some free models, because they will cause a lot of lag and could completely ruin your game if you put to much. The more you put, the more likely your game will break and it is not always something that can be fixed if it breaks.

try going to the game and see if the depth of field is fixed

i kinda wanna remove the free models in my game but at the same time i kinda dont because there are some free models in my game that i dont really know how to make myself like a high quality billboard (unless its this type of basic billboard down here)

1 Like

That is a basic billboard, it is very simple to make. All you need is five bricks, and a thumbnail as the image for it.

1 Like

i was talking about a billboard model like this
not the billboard model picture i added on my other reply

1 Like

Oh, then that is a bit harder, the platform at the top would be sorta hard to make, but everything else should be fairly simple.

1 Like

Those Roblox FM cars have an extremely high tri count, and I think they around around 30k each. If you just get rid of them, I think you’d find there to be much less lag :smile:

1 Like

i know but how am i going to make a simple car kinda like the roblox free model ones when in reality i dont really how to even make a vehicle
and plus i dont even really know how to model stuff either

There is something called Streaming Enabled which creates areas on the place so not everything loads until you get close to it! Hope this helps

i already added streamingenabled months ago

1 Like

for me its still laggy can you show me your lighting properties and whats in it

image image