You Do Not Have Ownership Of Animation With The Selected Id

So was trying to load a animation but whenever I did it plain up did not work/load. There were no errors and I tried it with other animations and it worked perfectly fine. I thought I forgot to put the animation on repeat so I opened up animation editor and clicked on import → from roblox and clicked on my animation then I got this:
although I do clearly have ownership of the animation.
I don’t know if this is a bug or its only happening for me or if its been on roblox for a while I just want to know if it can be fixed because if not then I will work on another animation.

10 Likes

Here are some topics that could be related with what you’re encountering. If you still don’t find a solution, I’d suggest you to report this issue.

2 Likes

Most of these posts I have seen and none of them worked. I will report this as you said and hope it gets fixed. Thanks
edit: I just realized that you need a regular trust level to report a bug so there goes that

6 Likes

This happened to me too
This had better get fixed or else people won’t be able to edit their animations

1 Like

Is this a today thing or has this been an issue for a while. Because It is happening to me rn

1 Like

It’s been happening since a week before since I have posted this… I can’t even report this since I’m not a member.

1 Like

Just encountered the same issue, almost all of my work has been stopped completely due to this, I hope Roblox fixes this soon.

2 Likes

After logging out of studio account and then re-logging in, 60% of the animations fixed themselves, This worked as a temporary fix for now.

1 Like

Really? I should have tried that. I will try it tomorrow if I remember since its getting late now. Thanks for letting me and anyone else who read this know!

1 Like

It didn’t work… :sob:

(character cap)

2 Likes

I guess I just got lucky then, sorry it didn’t work as well for you. This is clearly Roblox being a mess, it might be worth it to contact support but I doubt you will get much further with that.

6 Likes

Hey, experiencing this, any fix found?

1 Like

Nope if I did I would talk about it here. I can’t really report this to Roblox since I don’t have a member rank so if anyone reading this has a member rank and has some free time please do report this bug. You don’t have to but it would be a massive help.

If anyone does report it in the future Thanks!

2 Likes

Whatever glitch this is, it’s very annoying. I have to make like 100 animations, they’re all tied to me and these newer ones are being sanitized and roblox saying I don’t own them like, I just made them??

1 Like

Having the same exact issue, after importing my baked animations from blender, it doesnt allow me to check them in studio.

I’ve literally just created an animation in Roblox, saved to Roblox, and then when I try to import it to a model I am told I don’t have ownership.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I’ve done some testing and it takes 3-6 hours to even get the ‘id’ whitelisted by roblox. I have a feeling this is an issue with asset services (decals, videos, sounds, animations, models) must be a moderation bug or some issue within ROBLOX. This topic should really be pushed to #bug-reports but I don’t have the ‘regular’ rank so I cannot post there.

General update to topic

As a general update to anybody reading this in the future, I have already emailed roblox and I’m in conversation with Technical Support. Apart from that, those are the only updates/conclusions I have today.

1 Like

Its also causing “Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID” as the animations cant be accessed/used in game until its “whitlisted” as you put it.

I am having issues with imported animations. They say I do not have ownership and they don’t appear in my inventory. Even though I just uploaded them I get a ‘sanitized ID’ error. I can’t continue making my game because of this issue and can no longer upload or use any new animations.

So I know why this is happening. Roblox moderation will take a very long time (in my experience 1~6 hours) to moderate the animation. During this time, this message will pop up. Just wait for a few hours and try again.