"Your connection is not private"

Starting yesterday, any attempt to reach roblox.com on any device or browser using my home WiFi results in a “Your connection is not private” webpage, with an error code of “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”, as seen below:

On the rare occasion that I am able to access the roblox website, it will maintain its connection for a very short duration. While I am able to view the roblox website, launching an experience will prompt the message “Error Code: 0 An error was encountered during authentication.”, and opening roblox studio will prompt the message “Failed to load settings with TlsVerificationFail. Please restart Studio or contact support if the problem persists.”. These prompts can be seen below:

I assumed that this was a problem with my router or ISP, considering the fact that the only way I am able to use roblox properly with all of its features is by using a different internet connection (my hotspot). So I contacted my ISP multiple times and tried various different possible solutions provided by them alongside some found on google and other public forums.

Here is what I have tried so far:

• Checked status.roblox.com
  • Cleared roblox AppData cache
  • Disabled browser plugins
  • Restarted router
  • Restarted PC
  • Reinstalled roblox player and studio
  • Synchronized device time
  • Tried other devices and browsers
  • Made sure browsers and devices are up to date
  • Tried incognito mode on various browsers
  • Reconfigured router DHCP settings
  • Tried Windows 10 Network Reset
  • Renewed my DHCP lease using windows cmd prompt with ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew
  • Tried to flush DNS using windows cmd prompt with ipconfig /flushdns
  • ISP made sure there is no blacklist interference
  • ISP tired other things on their end
23 Likes

In “Network & Internet” settings, click “Network Reset.”

3 Likes

Sorry, I have tried this but forgot to mention it in the main post. I have now added it to the list of solutions I have tried. Thank you for the reply.

2 Likes

Can’t you still get into the site by clicking advanced and clicking to go into it anyways?

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no such button in this case.

4 Likes

Have you tried “Restore defaults” in “Windows Defender Firewall” and done a full restart afterwards?

1 Like

After doing this nothing has changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would also like to note for future replies that this problem seems to not be with my computer and its network & firewall configuration, but rather with the roblox website or my router due to the fact that I am able to fix the issue entirely by connecting to another network, and that this issue is consistent across all devices on my home network.

On the phone with my ISP tech support all day and after each call they are telling me its a problem with the website and not the network.

Regardless, if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Even if it is contradicting this note.

5 Likes

Try changing your DNS settings over to google DNS if it isn’t already set to it

Primary / preferred: 8.8.8.8
Secondary / backup: 8.8.4.4

2 Likes

My ISP had me change my routers DNS server to googles 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 earlier, and sadly had no success. I also tried to apply this in windows ipv4 and ipv6 config and found no success in this either. Thank you though.

3 Likes

After applying this fix using Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 DNS server, it seemed to have started working again. For windows 10:

• Right click your network icon in windows 10 (Looks like a Wi-Fi or ethernet icon) and select “Open Network & Internet Settings”

• Near the bottom, select “Change Adapter Options”

• From here, right click your primary network adapter and select “Properties”

• From the list, double click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/1Pv4)” and enable “Use the following DNS server addresses” and change the Preferred DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and the alternate to 1.0.0.1

• Repeat the above step but instead for “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/1Pv6)” and use the preferred DNS server of 2606:4700:4700::1111 and the alternate as 2606:4700:4700::1001

I also changed my routers DNS server to match the 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 configuration, the steps of doing this widely varies depending on your router and ISP so I will not include that here. Edit: Applying this to my router is what I think fixed it, and is overall more effective. I think this is at the end of the day an issue on robloxs end.

Note: You could also experiment with using other dns servers as well, such as googles 8.8.8.8 and more. Cloudflares privacy policy is a big + for me.

Link to cloudflare docs:

13 Likes

This has been happening to a lot of people very recently (past few days) which is odd. I wonder what the cause for it is

4 Likes

Im actively still having this issue, heard of a few cases of this happening to others as well. If you go to one of those isrobloxdown sites theres complaints in the comment sections on those as well. I have exactly the same issues as listed in this forum though I am on a mac… and it’s happening across all devices in my house. Switching to a vpn solves the issue though I just don’t understand what happened in the first place to lead to this issue.

3 Likes

Since you are on mac, try changing your routers DNS settings to match cloudflares 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1

Same issue here, Fix works but only sometimes, can’t load into games or studio.

6 Likes

Any other solutions to this problem? I’m having the same issue with not being able to connect to the website or the app. In the rare chance that I do, games also do not launch. Even more rarely games do launch; but once I disconnect, its back to the beginning. The only time I can somewhat bypass this is through a VPN, but sometimes that’s hit and miss. I’ve tried changing DNS settings on everything (which includes computer, router, and modem), and while I can now access the website, I cannot launch games; instead, the “error code 0” window pops up. This has been happening for the past month or so.

EDIT: After like 30 minutes the DNS change stopped working… cannot access the website now.

2 Likes

Update: Today the glitch stopped happening to me and Roblox is working perfectly fine.

Aaaaaaaand it’s back lol. roblox moment :unamused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.