Your Invite to RDC 2022 and More!

Will virtual be open to all developers this year, last year I had to watch the live Twitter updates a few developers did. Even if I can’t partake in the chat I just want to be able to view it

So excited! Waiting for my invite!!!

I believe Dave is short for David, but you could be right.

2 Likes

How did people find out about the survey? Was it sent to a select group of people? I haven’t seen an announcement about a survey at all this year.

1 Like

The bigger of a dev you are, the earlier of a wave you’re in. It’s been this way since the very beginning. Not everybody in the Roblox community is meant to be invited.

Edit: it’s not as consistent as you think, how they categorize you is something on their end.

4 Likes

The survey does not matter, it was just to gauge intrest in RDC. Survey was listed here; Save the Date: RDC 2022

2 Likes

Make sure to check your spam folder. Mine and several people I know had their invite go to spam!

6 Likes

That’s how it’s always been tho? They rotate around who gets first dibs each year so you know, you can have more chances than others to get first invites next year :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

From my understanding, they will email people the registration form based on who fills out the other form that is at the bottom of the website here:

Another RDC. Another year of not being invited.

7 Likes

Does Roblox send invites through the Roblox website by any chance?

No, it goes to the e-mail registered to your account

1 Like

They’ve only sent out the first wave of invites, which usually only includes top developers. I wouldn’t get too pessimistic just yet.

2 Likes

Very cool, hopefully I’ll be invited this year. An in-person award show definitely sounds interesting.

Super excited and can’t wait to see everyone at RDC this year! :smiley:

Any reason for the shorter event this year? Once we add in the Innovation Awards it starts to feel like the event is getting more cramped. 3 days might potentially be nicer in the future :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wait, Does this only mention developers who have games over 19K / 19M / more visits?

Not exactly. Owning a popular game is good way to be invited, but contributors can also be invited.

1 Like

I guess time to wait for my invite!

1 Like

Will the game jam be for everyone or just for the invited people?

Why was virtual the only option available?

1 Like