Save the Date: RDC 2022

Developers,

It’s time to mark your calendars and start counting down the days! We’re excited to announce that the Roblox Developers Conference (RDC) will be returning once again as a Guilded virtual and in-person event in San Francisco, CA on September 9 - 10. Get ready for a weekend full of learning, inspiration, connection, and of course, fun.

What is RDC?

RDC is an invite-only, hybrid (in-person and online) event that brings together Roblox developers and creators from around the world. There will be networking opportunities, in-depth breakout sessions, and product demonstrations, all designed to empower your success and showcase the future of Roblox.

In case you missed last year’s conference, check out the highlights below.

But that’s not all…

We have one more very special announcement to make.

As many of you know, the Bloxy Awards are held annually in recognition of the community’s greatest creative and technical achievements. The event has reinvented itself year after year. This year, we’re bringing the awards ceremony to RDC for the first time ever. We look forward to celebrating the passion, talent, and creativity of the Roblox community both online and in person! We’ll have more details to share later on, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, we invite you to sign up on our website to receive future #RDC22 news and announcements via email. And of course, we’ll continue to share updates on our Twitter @RobloxDevRel as well.

Hope to see you at RDC this September!

352 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Really exciting news! Does this mean there won’t be a game jam this year, as it’s only a two day event plus it’s incorporating the Bloxys?

53 Likes

Exciting! Hoping to attend again this year.

5 Likes

So to clarify, those who are invited to RDC will be able to see the Bloxy Award Ceremony in person and the rest of the community will watch it live? Or can anyone sign up to see the Award Ceremony in person?

10 Likes

So It’s that one special time again where Developers all across the globe are invited to come together once a year in a conference filled with fun, creativity and innovation.

Personally, I’m really excited about this, and I’m really looking forward to possibly attend and connect with other fellow devs! I find it very, very impressive how you guys pull off this event one way or another, regardless of all the restrictions and rules that may cancel the entire event.

4 Likes

Looking forward for this, just curious as to why move the Bloxy Awards to RDC?

4 Likes

Putting the data on the website is a way for them to investigate if you are eligible to be invited or not, right?

2 Likes

The last 3 years have been a blast. Can’t wait to see you all again this year! I am kind of sad that despite the cries from everyone to make the conference longer, the time was cut in half.

9 Likes

I am so excited!!! Bloxies as well!!! FUN RDC EXPERIENCE!! And hopefully, I will be able to go in-person and see all of you :slight_smile: It was fun last year online and it will be enjoyable regardless!!

7 Likes

OMG bloxy awards commencing at RDC? bloxy awards becoming a real life event as opposed to solely an online event is actually going to be revolutionary and a step in the right direction imo

I can’t wait, I have a friend thats gonna go to the RDC 2022! AWSOME :grinning: and so AM I

2 Likes

Hi, is there an age requirement of putting data on the website and submit the ticket request thing?

Great to see RDC very soon! Will RDC ever change to fully in-person, or it will remain hybrid?

There’s a game jam going on right now isn’t there?

1 Like

This one isn’t the game jam in question. RDC has it’s own one every year. To Alvin - hopefully they do it like last year and do it before RDC.

4 Likes

I don’t think it matters if you attend virtually

1 Like

What do we enter for Company/Studio/Media Outlet if we are independent developers?

9 Likes

I am SO EXCITED!!! I have been asking for an irl Bloxys for years, I cannot contain my excitement for this oh my god. Anyways, hopefully I will see you all there this September!

11 Likes

I’ll see you there too. Can’t wait to meet you all