Your Invite to RDC 2022 and More!

Super excited!

If we put in-person down on the RSVP, and every slot is filled, will we still get an invite to attend virtually?

Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Agreed that the theme being announced on Guilded is a problem. Hopefully the unofficial RDC Discord server will ping people with the theme. I really love game jams (so much that I host them regularly in my own community of developers), but there’s nothing Roblox can do to make me want to use Guilded. I’d actually just not do the Game Jam if using Guilded was a requirement.

2 Likes

Yes you do but honestly I have a sneaking suspicion that in-person won’t fill out this year cus of the time between RSVP and the event itself being so short :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had this thought a few days ago. My literal thought was “this may be the first year they don’t sell out”. Being within 2 months is cutting it very close. Somehow for me though, the flights I was looking at are roughly the same price as last year but with the times shuffled. So, maybe I’ll be wrong. Then again, it is the same price for flights but with fewer days.

2 Likes

Will there be tickets for chaperones like in the previous RDCs?

1 Like

Can’t waiting to see announced RDC 2022 From September to be invited this year though had got email when they invited in the future attendees!

Im excited for everyone involved!
spongebob-hmph

2 Likes

Good luck everyone I hope you guys got invited from rdc 22^-^

1 Like

Oh boy! Good luck to those who are waiting for invites! (Including myself lol) This is exciting!

I think the name change is reflective of the event change. It’s in person now and it’s no longer nominations based on an online poll.

Bloxy’s no more. Innovation awards from here on out.

3 Likes

Just in-case you havent already found the answer to your question, I believe it was a bug on their end!

2 Likes

The new name can assist developers who wish to pursue careers in game development, as it sounds more professional compared to bloxy.

2 Likes

Do you have proof of this or just hearsay? I don’t believe that’s the case.

Their method for determining who gets invited isn’t public, but I imagine it takes metrics like time spent in studio, robux earned, programs participated in, etc. Maybe none, some, or all of those, plus potentially a plethora of other factors? This best we can do is speculate.

2 Likes

The Bloxy awards were a staple in Roblox culture. This is all just another way of Roblox throwing away their past. (ie. pushing their Rthro)

1 Like

Nice, another event that I won’t be invited to :grin:.
Good luck to everyone else though.

1 Like

i wouldnt worry - we can still call them bloxys. like an oscar is actually called an academy award… so yeah just keep calling it what you want XD

Excited to see the amazing stuff they got this year! :star2:

I sure hope I get an RDC invite for once…

This sounds really cool! I’m not a big dev though, so I probably won’t be getting an invite :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes