Zeal - Updatelog #1

25th July 2021

New Updatelogs

Zeal - Updatelog #2 - Help and Feedback / Cool Creations - DevForum | Roblox

Zeal - Updatelog #3 - Help and Feedback / Cool Creations - DevForum | Roblox

Zeal - Updatelog #4

Starting to make a new FPS game that is very futuristic and respects physics!

These games: MC5, Valorant, GTA 5 and other FPS games on Roblox, has inspired me to make this game called ZEAL.

I decided to become a solo developer. I always wanted to make a game that is made by myself & I thought that I can learn a lot of things along the way!

PROGRESSION

• Cyberpunk type map (completed)
  • Weapons with reloading and realistic shooting physics animations (Completed)
  • Walk and shift to sprint (Completed)

THINGS TO BE DONE WITHIN A WEEK!

• Add a loading screen GUI
  • customize the toolbar and script it
  • Add more physics to the game!

If you would like to submit map(s) for my game, please do! It will help me save a lot of time!

IMAGES (Gun’s images will be added soon!)

Feedback is appreciated!

YOU CAN PLAY THE BETA VERSION HERE: Zeal - Roblox

JOIN THE COMMUNITY: Aviatrix - Roblox

2 Likes

All in all a very cool and interesting game so far- I love the style of the map, and how it’s built. However, there are a few things I would like to point out so far.

1. Upon spawning in, it is just a default Roblox sky with default lighting. Maybe adding a night theme to this game for the Cyberpunk like map would fit better in the game and would allow for a much more visually appealing environment than a default Roblox sky. Also try adding some map barriers that signify where the end of a map is; This game is not close to ready for release yet. You spawn in, get guns and shoot each other. That’s about it. Make the map a bit larger if this is an FPS game.

2. Another thing I notice upon spawning in; There is no intermisson, no intermittent game spawn or GUI upon spawning, no tutorials on how the game works, no UI, nothing other than a baseplate, what I am assuming is a group of free models with “Pixel Studios” on it, and a very confusing game start for users who are playing normally. I would add a spawn for users in the beginning of the game and round lengths so a user may know when a round ends. However, I do like your building style, and will give you props for that.

image_2021-07-25_235025
No idea what these are. But, in my personal opinion, this game is not ready in any way yet. This is more of an extremely early alpha than a beta. Add some of the things I have listed above and a bit bigger maps and you may have a ready beta testable game.

HOWEVER…
For a newer solo developer, this is great so far and I love the way it looks. You have potential and this game has potential. Good luck on your game and good luck with Zeal! I hope my feedback may help out in a way.

Thank you @Azorpine606

Well as I said that I’ve started this game yesterday, there’s a lot of work to do! Thank you for the points which you have posted and I will surely work on them!! As I’m not a coder, I’m using some free models to learn. So all those things which you’ve said (Pixel studios and the screens) are just for learning (For my learning purpose).

1 Like

This is completely okay and actually how I learnt, along with many others! Good luck and happy learning. Just be sure to make sure none are viruses or have viruses in them- And try not to use them in the game itself unless they are from a kit! Using a free model to learn is one thing, using that knowledge to remake it in your game with your own twists is another.

Once again, good luck!

1 Like