2 GB of cookies from devforum

Yeah, I double-checked. It’s cache storage, but now it’s more than doubled in size since I initially made this thread. I don’t think chrome is misreporting this.

Firefox after scrolling to post 795 on WAYWOC:

Chrome after clearing discourse-1 database from cache storage:

Chrome after scrolling roughly to post 795 on WAYWOC:

So it must be a reporting issue in Chrome I guess.

3 Likes

Ok wait, so, could this be lagging out my PC? My PC has been quite laggy since I started DevForum. Could this be the issue?

1 Like

I’m trying to find out if I should remove my cookies for devforum, because I’m concerned there may be unwanted side effects to doing so.

interesting?

From my knowledge, if you remove it then it MAY log you out but you can simply log back in. However, the data may just come back, I’d recommend asking a high level programmer though.

Noticed too, im using opera

1 Like

Ok, I just did this and all it does is logs you out and asks you to accept the cookies again!

What makes you think that exactly?

1 Like

It’s evident my storage is being taken up by a whole ton. I can’t even use basic programs like paint.net

You mentioned you had 400 MB left upon posting this topic with 1.9 GB, and now it is 3.1GB with 5 MB left, is that right? Difference is 1.2GB so that means you should have negative disk space if that usage is accurate. Are you sure the space is being occupied by Chrome and there aren’t any other processes that are writing to disk?

4 Likes

Nope, or at least none that I’m aware of. The only programs I’ve opened today was Roblox Studio, File Explorer, Roblox Player, Discord, and Chrome.
I currently only have Chrome and Discord open.

I think chrome or some other program may have automatically cleared up some space to the point where my minimal C drive isn’t at the negatives

Strange, it doesnt seem to affect me on firefox. My total is 1.6 GB for cookies and cache.image
Firefox 83.0 (64-bit)

What if you tried uploading the cache files to a thumb drive and then re-uploading them to another location?

Weird, I’ve only got about 160MB of cacheimage

One important thing to note is it’s not just your site, it also appears on the meta site too. It must be a coding thing that they’ve set up. You can view this and their site offline too.

3,3 GB for me…

Pretty normal for me