2D Particle Emitters

As a roblox developer, it is currently impossible to use ParticleEmitters on the 2D GUI.

I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for roblox to enable developers to use 2D Particles on the GUI. Here is how this could be applied:

• Loading Circle with a trail of sparks
  • Sparkles when a button is clicked
  • Mouse emits fireflies when inside an area of the screen
  • “Speed” effects for an intro gui or a shooting star
  • Smoke in the background behind a menu
  • Post ideas below!
29 Likes

It’s quite possible to do this at the moment. See:

This is a great resource for anyone trying to implement particles on 2D GUI.

Since this is already available to us, perhaps you can elaborate on where you’re struggling, and what resources you need to have 2D GUI particles available to you.

15 Likes

It’s very easy to program your own particle system, with a basic understanding of physics, that is very efficient.

Wow I was not aware that this existed! Thanks! (Devforums are the best lol)

1 Like

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make Gui-Based particles because I’m not the best at math and Gui-based particles require math. I would want it like UiGradient, you can change the color, the rotation of them, the decal it would be, etc.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to make Gui’s that look good a lot faster and without having to remember the globals and functions and math statements needed. I also think lots of other people that don’t know Lua would like a feature like this. I would want a feature like this because I’m making a game, and the menu I have is kinda boring ngl, so I want to add sparks in the background. But as I said I’m bad a math and UIParticles require math.

YOYOYO

6 Likes