64-Bit Client causes random CPU spikes in-game

Hi, Same problem here:

My specs are:
Intel i9-14900K
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 6000 DDR5
NZXT N7 Z790 LGA1700
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 12GB
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB

My case is also the NZXT H7 Flow RGB case, and my AIO is also an NZXT Kraken Elite RGB due to my CPU naturally running hot.

My CPU spikes every 15 seconds, making it impossible to play shooter games or even develop games due to the performance hit every 20 seconds.

Roblox, please optimise your platform to facilitate developers with high-end workstation PCs.

On the Roblox app and website, I get CPU spikes, but on the Microsoft store, I don’t get any issues with lag.

Random question: Is your FPS unlocked at all? that can cause a lot of issues with roblox
the ms store version being fine makes me think that could be related if it is

Recently upgraded my PC because my motherboard finally kicked the bucket. Roblox is still having issues with the new specs.

i5-13600K
64GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060.

In two days from this update, it’s going to be a year since I’ve filled this bug report and I’m seeing more and more people get affected by this… Roblox needs to address this issue.

2 Likes

To answer your question, no I’ve not unlocked my FPS in any way. Not sure how it was for James but for me it just started happening as part of an update to the client.

Bumping as this is still a prominent and annoying issue. Launching games through the website (which I’m used to doing), results in a laggy unplayable experience. Launching through the icon on my desktop however results in the normal and expected performance for a high end pc.

Hoping this gets fixed eventually.

Hello Koiske, Since you are seeing this issue with new hardware, can you please provide a new microprofiler capture? The Roblox code base has changed a lot since this original report. You can find how to do that here: How to post a Bug Report - #14 by Roblox . We need one or two places you’ve seen this problem in order to try to reproduce on our side. Also which version of Windows are you running ?

Are you using bloxstrap?
bloxstrap unlocks it to 120 by default

I can’t promise that I can get a microprofiler for you as the Roblox client refuses to move past the loading screen and I have to use the task manager to shut the app down. Maybe the other folks in this thread will be able to get that for you.

As for the windows version that I use:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎10/‎7/‎2022
OS build 22631.3447
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0
1 Like

I have no clue what it is so no, I don’t have it. I’ve never downloaded anything 3rd party on this device and as I’ve said before - it started after an update to the Roblox client.

I’m happy (though disappointed at the same time) that I’m not the only one who was been experiencing these issues. Been having this annoying sudden lag spike in experiences for the past few months and only recently a few weeks ago sent my own bug report submission regarding the issue.

My desktop can run BeamNG.drive, s&box, Grand Theft Auto V among other games that have higher requirements then 90% of Roblox experiences so it really shouldn’t be something that my device has any struggle with handling. But despite such, suddenly in the middle of playing an experience or sometimes when I go to open the Roblox in-app menu I suddenly get a lag spike for about a second or two.

I can say that from my experimentation that Bloxstrap has no affect on the issue at hand (I used to have it, uninstalled it, and the issue persisted.)

I know this may sound crazy and that I’m bullshitting you, but try on an alterative account and try and repeat the same conditions that resulted in the bug to occur. I swear… no bullshitting is happening here, when I tried playing on using the Roblox web client and a different account all the lag seemingly went away. Check this thread and more specifically this video compared to this video. Same client, same device, just different accounts.

I know that this is a different topic/thread but looking at the original post, it aligns perfectly with the issue that I pointed out in my own recent topic/thread “Critical Client Issue: Experiencing Performance Issues on Devices That Shouldn’t Have Such” (particularly “Lag occurs whenever I try to navigate with the new esc menu”)

I believe that the microprofile logs that I had sent to 0xabcdef1234 should assist with fixing the issue pointed out in this thread as well. I thought I would just point this out.

1 Like

I only ask that because Bloxstrap unlocks the FPS by default and i had some bizarre issues when the FPS was unlocked

Avatar complexity may have some effect on framerate, but should not cause a freeze like what you are seeing. What about Roblox settings between the two accounts - specifically is the camera and Avatar facechat enabled in one account and not the other?

Even if it could I’m running a pretty capable system that can handle much heavier tasks (as noted in my own report topic on the issue) so I’m confident its not performance issues on my end (relating to the hardware.)

Yes, my main account has voice chat and camera enabled. My alt account has neither enabled. Should I run another test on my main account with both of the options disabled and see if there is any noticeable differences?

Alright just did some testing

Permissions Did it Lag?
Camera + Microphone :white_check_mark: Yes
Camera :white_check_mark: Yes
Microphone :x: No
None :x: No

Incase of if its of any importance, my desktop PC doesn’t have any camera attached.

Interesting. I would like to hear from @ItsKoiske and others on this thread as well - if this is potentially a cause for their CPU spikes. (and which camera model they are using). Again, a microprofiler capture would be helpful (the one posted earlier in the thread did not contain useful info unfortunately)

Have the ones I sent to @0xabcdef1234 in relation to my similar thread been evaluated yet? Maybe those may be able to provide a clearer picture to what may be potentially causing the problem. If need be I can send you the dropbox share link as well.

Update: Whilst the lag that occurs when opening the Roblox menu has gone away, the sudden, random and unexpected lag does persist regardless. I’ve added three more microprofile logs to the dropbox link that I sent to 0xab.

Please send me the dropbox link.

I have both disabled and still unable to use the Roblox app. Nevermind that, I had the camera feature enabled and it’s as @ThatOneUnoriginal said. I will attempt to get microprofiler files with and without those features enabled.