Add a #platform-usage-support category to prevent off topic posts

You could argue however that usage of the platform for the purpose of development fits into #development-discussion just fine under the revised category About. Technically these kinds of posts should currently go there.

3 Likes

I see this being a problem if a website support category is added, since it would lead to stuff like rants about moderation on roblox but a studio/engine support would be amazing.

I feel that the criteria should be reverted to how it was, it’s currently too broad, and honestly I don’t think that putting engine-related questions should go in #development-discussion, as it’s not really discussion as it is help and feedback.

I edited the name to reflect the idea that was come up by @PeZsmistic.

I’m all for this idea.

When I initially joined the DevForum, I noticed that almost all of the topics had to do with things being done in studio, not studio itself. I would probably use this “Platform Usage Support” category at least once if it was added.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this thread as this is still relevant. I’ve linked below a couple of posts that do not fit in the category they are placed in, due to the fact that there is not such category.

Please consider adding this as a category, it’s a bit annoying to always see these topics in the wrong category.

3 Likes

I was replying to a person who put the post into Building Support, and I only replied telling him how to fix the problem. I did not choose the category the poster did.

Apologies, I did not mean to link your comment, I meant to link OP. I’m not saying these people did anything wrong, there isn’t a place for them to post these questions.

1 Like

Oh right thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I agree with this.

Yes, while this will stop questions such as, “Roblox Studio Not Functioning Correctly” (in catergories such as #development-discussion) However, I fear that (before pa gets revamped), that people will start putting roblox platform features/bugs in there. It would stop around half the off topic posts in development discussion, however, people would resort to putting platform bugs/features in #platform-usage-support (if there is going to be one).

2 Likes

I’m not sure this is terrible- sometimes people have visual bugs that they may want to ask the community about, and then if they find out it’s not just them, they can go ahead and send it to PA, which hopefully comes back.

1 Like

I’m not saying this idea is terrible by any means.

Yes, that is the case, but there are people who are confident the “bug” they found is not just them. I had many “bug” reports, however, I found out that it was just me for most of them.

Also, it would be more effective if #platform-usage-support category gets added after pa gets added.

1 Like

I have to totally agree with this. I see many ask questions about the platform in #development-discussion. This could’ve been easily avoided if another category was available. It also creates less clutter in other categories.

Bump

1 Like

I’m bumping this thread, recently I’ve seen posts that would go in this new category go into #development-discussion and #forum-feedback. This is necessary, and I feel that the more time going on without this, more off-topic threads will happen.

Edit: Added poll.

2 Likes

I hope this category gets added soon, YouTube tutorials are outdated.

2 Likes

Huge suport!

I read this post a while ago but never really thought this was a problem. This category NEEDS to be added. Some questions like “What does the commissions tab does on the Revenue page?” or “How can Roblox determine if my Robux are actually useful for DevEx” are questions that I currently have and there’s no category to post them. This will be pretty useful for most members since we can’t access #lounge

3 Likes

This is needed now more than ever, with the new FF subcategories being abused drastically.

This forum needs an accessible catch-all place for this kind of junk to stop it polluting useful categories.

4 Likes

This feature has had 100% support from September 18-earlier today, a span of 93 days. turns out poll was added Nov 13, so a span of 38 days. It still has 98% support, only one person does not support. DET should have noticed our concerns by now. We all want and need this.

2 Likes

I agree with this, a lot of posts in the #development-discussion category are questions – not actual discussions. I don’t blame them as they have nowhere else to post the topic.

1 Like

To add to this, I also have some questions about the platform, but I can’t put them in #development-discussion because they aren’t actually discussions and they just take up space.
I fully support this, and as @Ty_IsHomeSchooled said:

2 Likes