Align Tool Preview Release

Yes! Another great update by Roblox! I’m no builder, but this is going to help me out a ton as I do everything my self. I tried it out and it is super helpful. No need to waste time trying to align parts. Thank you Roblox! :smile:

1 Like

Very snazzy stuff. I’m not saying this alone will make me an awesome builder but it certainly helps!

1 Like

I can see so much potential with this new feature! Prior to this update, aligning things was a pain to do although it was possible. I think this update will make building much easier!

1 Like

We will continue to streamline and optimize the Align tool for screen space and ease of use before it receives a wider release.

I made a my own version of it that I think would be much friendlier to the eye and would make more sense

We’re considering a number of alternative controls and layouts - keep watching for updates in the near future, and let us know what you think!

3 Likes

Aligning in local space (of the Active Object) is high on our list of enhancements. Would you expect a toggle in the tool itself, or that the tool simply honor the Local Space dragger setting already in Studio?

2 Likes

I think a toggle in the tool itself would be better.
If it were related to Local Space dragger, I think it would confuse some less experienced developers and they would wonder why it aligns in some weird way, instead of what they’d expect.

1 Like

i been using a player made plugin for this for years, love it.

Rest assured - we’re laser focused on streamlining modeling workflows by better prioritizing frequently used tools, reducing clutter, and maximizing space for the 3D editor. Stay tuned!

As this time we aren’t planning to expose Align tool functionality via hotkeys. The number of settings used for alignment presents some challenges.

2 Likes

yes vmena now show me what u have accomplished with this new tool

1 Like

I’m excited for release! Most developers know that it is troubling to try to align things when using the F3X Building plugin and you are moving objects by less than a stud. This will make it easy and make things look a lot nicer!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this! It will be so useful!

2 Likes

This has got to be 1 of the best updates ever, I can finally build without looking at the 0.0000027 stud difference on the buildings.

2 Likes

This Is Great And Will Make My And Many Other Builders Lives Easier :grinning:

2 Likes

We identified the cause of the bug, and have a fix going out next week. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

4 Likes

Unfortunately we discovered a significant new issue with the Align Tool late during testing this week, so we’ve had to disable it for the time being. It will be available again in next week’s (September 30th) release.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

10 Likes

In the future could there be some sort of notification on studio which tells us about this sort of thing? Just spent 20 minutes trying to find the align tool.

Thanks.

6 Likes

That’s the nature of beta features unfortunately, we try to present them with a high level of quality but they will sometimes have more significant issues than released features.

If this breakage were for a released feature we would have created an emergency release of studio to fix the problem, but since the feature is still in beta with only a small amount of users using it so far we can’t justify doing one for it.

6 Likes

That is a very valid request, and we will take that into consideration as we look to improve our beta process in the future. Thank you for the feedback!

7 Likes

I got so used to the tool, I can’t work without it anymore. :smile:

4 Likes

Sorry again about that–you will have it back shortly! How’s it working for you? Any feedback for issues or improvements?

2 Likes