Allow to customize the transparency for DevCameraOcclusionMode = Invisicam

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to create custom transparency applied for the objects when using Invisicam, as detailed in this topic.
Currently, this involves duplicating all original scripts in StarterPlayer as per this workaround.
Also, it would be important to give more flexibility, allowing sending a blacklist or whitelist to select only desired objects that should be affected, and not all objects, as currently.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because this will reduce project size and avoid unnecessary edits to the original scripts.

6 Likes

I second this. I work on developing a robot combat game where the robots are controlled from an area behind the arena. Despite the camera being focused on the robot. Invisicam still makes parts that are between the camera and the player transparent. This means the arena walls. I cannot disable invisicam too since that messes with camera occlusion on the robots themselves. So yes. It would be appreciated to have an official way to restrict what parts invisicam can make transparent.

1 Like