Update 1.1.1 is out!
Happy New Year!
I’m posting this post on the first minute of 2021 for me.
Anyway, this is my first ever plugin called Array Modifier Plugin (AMP). It is specifically designed to create repetitive, array-like structures with just a few clicks. Just be aware that when reaching out about bugs/features, I may be delayed in responding to you or updating the plugin as I’m quite busy, however, I’ll try my best.
AMP was inspired by Blender’s array modifier, in which I really wanted the feature (and the convenience) to ship over to Roblox. After creating a feature request, I decided to take on the job myself. So, the plugin was born. There are certain advanced features left out for now, but it also hosts several new modes.
Here is the tweet for it, if anyone’s interested.
|Time Formatting Module||Array Modifier Plugin||ListLib|
The features range from the most basic to bit more advanced. There is quite a lot to cover about to them, so the documentation below is your best friend. Here are a few top features:
- ability to customize array part rotation behavior (global or local)
- ability to combine both types of offsets (constant and relative) to suit any situation
- a new mode called “endpoint incremental” – a simple and flexible way to create the array
- update 1.1.1 - endpoint incremental allows 2+ parts, meaning you can create beautiful polygonal structures!
- real-time preview that updates with the part
- user-friendly layout/behavior as well as automatic cleanup to ensure convenience
- almost real-time update notifier – as soon as a new plugin version is detected, the notification pops up within the widget within 10 minutes
- more that I have planned out (curves, endpoint incremental but with 2+ parts, object transformations, etc.)
It is elegant and easy to use. If you find anything not UX friendly, please reach out.
These two below are using endpoint incremental with transform on. Have one part at the bottom and one at the top that’s a bit rotated. Having count be reasonably high helps with the smoothness.
You can find almost all the information here:
If you have any further questions, please feel free to DM or reply here.
Get the plugin:
- v[1.0.0] - 01/01/2021 - Release
v[1.1.1] - 01/18/2021 - 3 features, 2 patches, 1 change; added features:
- endpoint incremental with 2+ parts
- help plugin toolbar button
- remove button to remove the added modifier
- click the link for the patches and changes
- While the modifier is applied to parts, they will not comply completely with the undo/redo behavior; just be cautious when undoing or redoing
- Until I perfect text box masking, try not to enter invalid inputs (i.e. non-numbers).
Here is the priority level legend:
 High (almost guaranteed)
 Moderate (50/50)
 Low (taken into consideration only after above priorities are fulfilled)
-  Working out the undo/redo behavior
 Improving endpoint incremental with 2+ parts
-  Object transformations
-  Fit to curve, with full-fledged curve creation
This is my first plugin and I’m open to feedback.
How do you rate your overall experience with the plugin?
Bugs, features, UX, behavior, everything
As already said, reach out with any comments/concerns,
And have a Happy New Year/New Year Eve!