Animate your Avatar with your movement

When can it be disabled? How do I disable it when it appears?

2 Likes

Have been testing for around 30 minutes now, have a few comments.

First, it’s a good system. Assuming this is only stored on-device and cannot be hijacked or compromised on the serverside, this is good.

Second, you need to add more animations. For example, the man face has a tongue within it, but it does not detect tongue movement. This needs to be added.

Third, you need to track head movement better. I love the facial features moving, especially the attention to detail (the mouth moves positionally based off where the user’s mouth is). But I have noticed that often when I move my head or turn my head to the right, it turns left and opens my mouth. This does not happen when I turn my head left.

Fourth and finally, this is a minor one: but the system does not seem to recognize individual eyebrow raises. You can either raise both or neither.

Overall, surprisingly well thought out. Good job Roblox.

2 Likes

You can go to the regular roblox menu in the top left, there are buttons at the top corresponding to mic, self view, and camera.

1 Like

Because it seems like you won’t be backing up in this, would it be possible to have a studio feature where we can record our movements and then transform them into animations? It would be great
Also for dinamic faces, as it seems you won’t be backing up for that either

1 Like

This is literally bladerunner

3 Likes

This was actually released prior.

4 Likes

great update! when will roblox be able to track your location and IP address and send it to other people?

7 Likes

Well… there are actually some ways roblox can technically do that. Look at flex your weather for example.

2 Likes

They are just getting your country from GetCountryRegionForPlayerAsync(), which by no means is your IP.

4 Likes

its honestly bad idk how it passed trough anything into a public released, the icons are streched, colors dont really match the roblox ui, and the borders are all over the place lol, no offence to whoever made it, but its just not something that looks GOOD enough for a public release.

2 Likes

Is it necessary to have the account verified with identity?

I think there is an bug with this new function

4 Likes

Hello, thanks for your report.
We meanwhile have a fix for this ready to go in the next update.

2 Likes

If you mean Age Verified then no, I have this feature on one of my testing accounts which only has a email attached.

1 Like

Jesus Christ almighty this sounds like a great way for people to roleplay even more innapropriate things with it lol…

4 Likes

That’s fair, but VC is used even more than that for inappropriate purposes, I don’t think adding tongue movement when it’s already incorporated in several animated faces would be very harmful, at least not much more than VC

1 Like

Maybe, but to be honest, adding a physical tongue to all the messed up things people do just sounds like a disaster…

4 Likes

Tbh there’s not much you can do to stop that, they did it without punishment before VC and animations

2 Likes

Tell me exactly how this could help communication, literally, tell me how the heck it helps

2 Likes

I never said it helped, I just said that they are obviously not backing off and gave some suggestions to improve it. If anything, VC has ruined communication and increased toxicity and inappropriate roleplay.

2 Likes