We just released a Collision Editor for Studio, which allows you to put game items into groups and choose which groups will collide. This makes it possible to avoid collisions, or even let players walk through walls!
- To reach Collision Editor, go to Model > Advanced > Collision Editor
- Here you can add, edit, and delete groups. Use the checkmarks to turn collisions on and off.
- All game parts have automatically been placed into “Default.”
- To add a new group, select “+Add Group” and type your new group name.
- To add parts to a group, select the parts in game and click the “plus” symbol next to the group.
- To see which parts are in a group, click on the group name, and all group members will be highlighted in the Game View.
- To see which group a part belongs to, click on the part, and the group name will be highlighted in Collision Editor.
All of this functionality can also be achieved manually in the property view CollisionGroupId field or through code using APIs.