Asset Manager is Here (BACK IN BETA)

There will be a tree view, which is basically what you are saying here. The tree view will have the normal list and dropdown option. Look here:

1 Like

They meant the tree view on the hamburger button (3 lines on the upper right of the widget), what I’m suggesting is an option to use the tree view on the main widget area rather than a grid view

1 Like

So why do we have to remove the developer product and badge sections from the manager/explorer? It was really convenient to be able to easily copy the badge and Dev product IDs.

5 Likes

Hello! Was just about to report this. I’ve been slowly converting my LinkedSources into packages, but had to disable this asset manager because there isn’t a script folder at all. Here’s an image with the asset manager and the GameId as well

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Tried this out! This is by far one of my favourite features of 2020’s RobloxStudio’s update!

No more massive loading time which is REALLY helpful and amazing!
No more massive loading time when you are removing assets!

Thank you for this! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Too bad we can’t organize assets into folders yet :pensive:

3 Likes

Tried it out a moment ago, it’s epic!
can’t wait for it to be released

1 Like

WAAAY better than the older one. Great job on this! I enabled it and it works fine! I’ll be using it for developing my games.

1 Like

I like the new grid selection feature, but sometimes I want to select assets off of a tree because it’s faster for me. I hope you guys have plans to bring assets back to the tree view rather than just showing their parent directories (Places, Images, etc.).

4 Likes

While it looks great, I still prefer the old one over this because this does not support multi/box selection. My game requires a lot of assets, and selecting multiple at once is really necessary. Please make this a thing in the new asset manager.

Edit: where are dev products and badges?

3 Likes

Please add animations to asset manager too, it’s really inconvenient to go back to inventory page on the website to just copy asset ids.

10 Likes

What do you mean, filter? Does this mean we’re going to have to deal with our internal asset names being filtered through the extremely oversensitive filters that are already used for website assets?

3 Likes

I believe they mean a search filter. Like what they’ve done to the Audio section in the toolbox; you can see this in one of the images in the original post.

3 Likes

This is correct. Filter here means “search filter” to help refine your searches and get you better results.

11 Likes

Looks good, could be helpful. Only problem I have is that I need to click 3-4 times on a folder for it to open.
Oh yeah, will there be any way to alternate from the classic Explorer to the Asset Manager? Or is the Asset Manager going to completely replace the current Explorer?

2 Likes

I’d like to have the ability to switch between a grid and list view in the asset manager. I don’t really need a grid view to manage certain assets, and a list view would be much quicker to use.

1 Like

When you scroll to the bottom, it creates duplicates of imported assets

2 Likes

Bug: I had to deactivate this as “Insert With Location” randomly stopped working.

1 Like

I would love to use this Feature! I will activate this when I am a beta Developer!
Finally that has been added!

2 Likes

It seems kind of simple right now but cool concept.