Asset Manager is Here (BACK IN BETA)

Thank you for giving us this amazing opportunity to try out the new & fresh asset mana- DID YOU JUST SAY FILTER WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!? Yes please. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh! Woohoo! More amazing updates!

2 Likes

This looks great! Amazing Work :woot:

2 Likes

It is a beta feature that you can enable in Studio settings.

4 Likes

I’m really excited to check this out! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m absolutely impressed with the workflow and look of this folder-type sort :heart:

2 Likes

I find this as a bad call unless you plan to release something similar to the Game Explorer soon.
I am unable to find parts through this new feature which is a massive downgrade, especially if your place has over 20,000 parts that you are trying to model up.
I like the idea of having everything being foundable but I would prefer just as much people would prefer if you could make this new feature have something similar inside.
This feature is a core of ROBLOX Studios and everyone uses this for a lot of important things, please don’t remove this until we have a full way of accessing everything we need to.

NOTE: Will there be a folder for parts and models?

If i’m missing something or confusing which feature this is replacing, please let me know.

2 Likes

This feature is replacing the Game Explorer, which is a separate feature from the Explorer.

You are an awesome use case for why we needed to rebrand as well. Let us know your feedback when looking at it from this angle!

6 Likes

OOOHHHHH, Okay that makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE.
Okay, yes I believe this is an incredible thing to add. I never used the Game Explorer but this looks to be what brings me in to using it.
Thank you for clarifying!
What exactly is the Game Explorer for though?

3 Likes

I like it.

But it does not replace the game explorer in any way, shape or form.

Instead of replacing the game explorer, make in an option or as a secondary.

But looks great, must’ve taken a lot of hard work!

3 Likes

We have alot of assets in our game.

Could this be the reason these errors happen?

1 Like

There will be a tree view, which is basically what you are saying here. The tree view will have the normal list and dropdown option. Look here:

1 Like

They meant the tree view on the hamburger button (3 lines on the upper right of the widget), what I’m suggesting is an option to use the tree view on the main widget area rather than a grid view

1 Like

So why do we have to remove the developer product and badge sections from the manager/explorer? It was really convenient to be able to easily copy the badge and Dev product IDs.

5 Likes

Hello! Was just about to report this. I’ve been slowly converting my LinkedSources into packages, but had to disable this asset manager because there isn’t a script folder at all. Here’s an image with the asset manager and the GameId as well

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Tried this out! This is by far one of my favourite features of 2020’s RobloxStudio’s update!

No more massive loading time which is REALLY helpful and amazing!
No more massive loading time when you are removing assets!

Thank you for this! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Too bad we can’t organize assets into folders yet :pensive:

3 Likes

Tried it out a moment ago, it’s epic!
can’t wait for it to be released

1 Like

WAAAY better than the older one. Great job on this! I enabled it and it works fine! I’ll be using it for developing my games.

1 Like

I like the new grid selection feature, but sometimes I want to select assets off of a tree because it’s faster for me. I hope you guys have plans to bring assets back to the tree view rather than just showing their parent directories (Places, Images, etc.).

4 Likes