Asset Moderation Whitelist

As a roblox developers, it’s a real nuisance having to postpone releases, often for a day if it takes a while to be moderated, because critical decals are being moderated. I propose a that people in the dev forum should be able to sign up to be whitelisted so their decals and such are automatically accepted, if they meet the following criteria:

• Are 13+
  • Are on the devforum
  • Have 100k visits (So ppl who don’t rlly need it don’t sign up, and ppl that have a lot to lose do sign up if they abuse it. Should also make it easier to implement)
  • Have an excellent moderation history
  • OBC (So only devs who are potentially earning $ can qualify)
  • Dual step authentication

This is really just for developers, who might miss out on profit over the weekend if it takes too long for a critical asset to be moderated, not some ease of use thing

In my opinion a critical argument against this is that people might not know the rules, for example, did you know offsite links aren’t allowed in an image?

To counter this I think a fairly easy way to make sure people understood the rules would be to make them take a quiz using google surveys, which is multiple choice and you must say why an image isn’t allowed. You’d be allowed full access to the rules though. The idea behind this is they must read the rules closely to find out why the image would be moderated.

In conclusion, I think this would be fairly straightforward thing to implement, and it’d reduce strain on the Roblox moderation team hopefully, and also streamline the process of upload assets to Roblox :vulcan_salute:

I made this a web feature, because you interact with the website, but it doesn’t feel like a web feature. Any ideas?

5 Likes

This isn’t the first time it has been brought up.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/priority-moderation-for-top-devs-or-additional-fee/7447

Main reason it probably won’t happen is it makes it unfair for people who aren’t members of the forum.

7 Likes

I don’t believe anyone should be completely exempt from the moderation features. You can never guarantee that someone won’t turn to bad behavior later down the line, even if they’ve had an excellent moderation history in the past. Plus, it would be disastrous if someone compromised a whitelisted account and began uploading extremely inappropriate images without having to pass through moderation.

6 Likes

I understand that it would be dev forum only, but as I stipulated in the OP, I don’t really care. This is meant for use developers who have 100k visits+. I don’t want this as a convince or ease of access feature, I want this because missing the Friday or Saturday cut off point for upload assets sucks. It costs you a huge amount of revenue if you can’t get a new feature out for the weekend due to slow moderation.

@Cindering Not only must you have good moderation history, you also need to be a successful dev. I’m going to update the pre-requisites to be OBC as well so you’re likely a dev ex user.

It might also be a good idea to add dual step authentication as a pre-requisite so this really is a secure feature.

Or anyone not a part of the priority/instant moderation in general.

I won’t discuss the contents since this is a public section of the forums, but if you look over this thread you’ll see that something to alleviate this may be on the way. I haven’t seen any updates on it since it was initially brought up though – feel free to bump the thread if it’s important to you.

I agree with @Cindering that it could potentially be catastrophic for an account that can get compromised. Even with 2fa, it is still possible!

Imagine (for example) jailbreak, asimo getting compromised and uploading bad images- and then 80,000+ children or general users seeing it. I doubt ROBLOX would ever enforce this feature.

BUT, as @TheNexusAvenger linked, there are other things as Priority moderation & Premium moderation.

The problem with assets is that they’re much more realistic. Imagine an explicit video (images+audio) on ROBLOX vs what you described.

ROBLOX has shown with their recent moderation crackdown that they want to catch inappropriate content beforehand rather than after the fact, so the report abuse feature would not be enough.

1 Like

I don’t think what I described is particularly realistic or likely to happen to be honest. It’s not happened before and if there was a non negligible risk of it happening then there should more security on uploading updates to huge games, such as a password you need to enter to upload to a specific place.

This will only be exploited if the system is already exploitable, which it is. This doesn’t make it an inherently bad idea though

Actually we had a large number of devforum accounts compromised about a year or two ago, including front-page game developers (again, won’t go into details since this is a public section) – even someone with over 20 million place visits. Account compromises happen, and 2-factor doesn’t stop them all.

ROBLOX will not allow unchecked asset uploads.

1 Like

This is never going to happen for the reasons listed above. No account is 100% safe from being compromised. Additionally, you can never trust the user completely. Also, you don’t know if a user shares a computer with family members and a sibling plays Roblox and decides to upload something vulgar. As great as it would be to have automatic pass-through, it just will never happen.

I’m sorry, but this is a horrible idea on many levels.

I cannot support this for fairly obvious reasons.

Bro that’d be great just to see all the bad words people can by-pass with to make graffiti look real.

Support level: 0%

1 Like