RDC. UGC. Maybe another initialism that ends in C?
Improvements to translation tools. Faster Lua VM. Plugin quality of life improvements.
Configuring assets in Studio. Localized game icons. Textbox changes.
August was AWESOME !
We had a LOT of big changes this month that kept the hype from July alive and pushed us straight into September. Don’t pull up the Green Day song just yet though, the fun is sure to continue!
As always, Roblox gives a big thanks to the developers who participated in our live-ops events. Their events ranged from Area 51 to special new puzzles, and we appreciate the developers who worked with us on events for their games.
Car Dealership Tycoon
Era Of Terror
Find the Noobs 2
Red vs Blue vs Green vs Yellow
Soro’s Italian Restaurant
Speed Simulator X
Tower Defense Simulator
Where’s the Baby!
Want your game featured for a live-ops event? Read all about how here: Roblox 2019 Events Update
Developer Content: Developer Spotlights
In August, we got to know some international developers and learn about their experiences developing on Roblox. Find out more about some of our friends abroad:
- Developer Spotlight: Flubberlutsch https://medium.com/roblox-developer/developer-spotlight-flubberlutsch-3516416a1a26
- Developer Spotlight: Sofloann https://medium.com/roblox-developer/developer-spotlight-sofloann-9b66104fe7bd
In the near future, we’re looking to change the way we do Developer Spotlights and the type of content that they showcase. Stay tuned for more information on that!
Updates and Changes
August was CRAZY for Roblox and insanely exciting! Check out these announcements to find out more:
- I Love Textboxes, You Love Textboxes: We Made Changes to 'Em
- Localized Game Icons
- Faster Lua VM: Production test run, take 2
- Configure Assets in Studio!
- Heads up: Fixed a bug where massless parts were still contributing to inertia
- Introducing Translator Contribution Reports
- You've Been Captcha'd
- Bit32 Lua library is now available
- Cloud Localization Support Extended to 45 Languages
- Studio Group Plugins & Loading/Unloading Improvements
- Installed Plugins now saved in Cloud
- Developer Events - Live Ops | Submissions Open from Now through February 2020
- Upcoming changes to water and collisions
- Support for Windows XP and Vista ending soon
- Faster Lua VM Released
- UGC Catalog is Now Live!
- Changes to Part Surfaces [Beta Feature]
The ones that are extra special were written in
Check out our release notes as well for any changes to our API you may not be aware of:
- Release Notes for 396
- Release Notes for 397
- Release Notes for 398
We miss #RDC2019! It was fantastic to meet so many passionate developers with incredible stories.
But you’re not here for me to be all sappy, right? Of course not, you came for the pictures! Alright, fine, you can check them out here: https://www.rdcglobal.com/photos