AvatarEditorService 'increasing' rate-limit process is unhelpful

To make it clear, this thread isn’t about removing the rate limit but rather changing how it can be requested to be increased; this thread makes the assumption that the general limit cannot be increased no matter what and that a request process is 100% needed. The following link talks about how the request limit should be a per-server limit, which I entirely agree with: Make AvatarEditorService have server level throttling. I am only making this topic in the off-chance that it is physically impossible to do per-server limits. The aforementioned solution of per-server limits is a much more ideal solution for this.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to use AvatarEditorService knowing that there is a global rate limit per-experience and that this limit can not be increased without filing a feature request. Not only does this process assume that the user has access to post in #feature-requests; but topics in this category are entirely public and very infrequently receive staff responses meaning your experience could go an extremely long time before receiving any increase in rate limits, if at all.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would more confidently be able to use AvatarEditorService knowing that if my experience increases in size, I can easily expand my AvatarEditorService rate-limits to cope with the increase in players.

7 Likes