BillboardGui text flickers with RichText and TextScaled

Text in a BillboardGui with RichText and TextScaled flickers noticeably as the camera moves around. This occurs even if no RichText functionality is used.

This occurs consistently in Windows 10 with a NIVIDIA RTX 3060. This occurs in Studio and in a game.

This was first observed July 14th, 2022 UTC.

BillboardGui with RichText and TextScaled.rbxl (41.7 KB)

2 Likes

We were able to reproduce the issue. We filed a ticket to your internal database and will follow up when we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

4 Likes

Sorry for the bump but, this is still an issue and it affects my game that uses bio billboard gui displays
My TextLabel in Billboard Gui uses rich text, text wrapped and text scaled

@CharlieGordonnn Could we get an update on this? Still an issue to this day.

1 Like

Hi @bvetterdays , we did try to roll out the change but it caused some regression. We will investigate the issue again soon. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hey @bvetterdays , in this post thread you have mentioned that the issue re-occurred when we turned on the support for SmoothScale. Could you please provide the repro file that is experiencing issues when the flag is ON? Thank you

Sure. Do you need me to toggle on the SmoothScale flag manually using something like BloxStrap, or is it already on?

It is false on the production right now. Do you happen to remember the UI that is experiencing with the issue before? Otherwise you could use tools for testing.

1 Like