Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Hello, sorry for the late message but do you happen to have the link of that? It says on twitter that it expired

works really well! thanks a lot, it’s been really annoying with how many bugs the original has.

1 Like

How to send to equipment or legacy

It fail when importing the fbx animation downloaded from Mixamo. And exported the code using “export animation” reports code error when pasted into Roblox Studio.
if import then rbxanim file that export from blender, frame and time length will be see, but the Position and Rotation in all frames are 0,0,0

yeah it only works if ur in your own experience. Team create messes it up

Hey, @CAUTlONED I’m animating a shield and I wanted the motor that connects it to the character to have the r15’s upper torso as its part0 to make my life easier when animating. However, because of a thing in a project of mine, I need this motor to have one of the character’s hands as its part0.

The solution I found to this was using Blender’s bone constraints, I can animate with a rig that has the shield bone parented to the upper torso, and export the animation with a rig that has it parented to the rig’s right hand :

But when I import the animation it looks like this:

Is this because the plugin doesn’t support Blender’s bone constraints or something I’m doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Btw when exporting with this constraint the animation does change, it’s not the same as exporting without it.

And sorry for the @

Great fix! thank you so much for this!

Fix yet? I am still struggling

I keep getting an error when I bring in a dummy.

Using the plugin and the template rig.
Attempting to import to blender results in this error:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.2\scripts\addons\robloxBlender.py", line 439, in execute
    bpy.ops.import_scene.obj(filepath=self.properties.filepath, use_split_groups=True)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.2\4.2\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 109, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), kw)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: Calling operator "bpy.ops.import_scene.obj" error, could not be found

Is this a known error?

RigExport.obj (591.4 KB)

This plugin doesnt work on Blender versions 4.0 and above. there is a alternative version however here.
If you must however use this plugin, then you gotta downgrade blender to some 3.0 version

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work in Blender currently, unless I’m doing it wrong.

Exported Rig from Roblox without your plugin saying there’s any errors, though in Blender it imports with that 2x4 part and the addon just says ’ no armatures or unbuilt rigs found in scene, please import or append a rig ’ not too experienced with this so not sure if this is something obvious or not?

1 Like

message me and i can try to fix this with you, if you still need help

1 Like

Hey man! Love the plugin! Tho for some reason when I import my blender animation into studio the left arms animations are completely broken :
RobloxStudioBeta_b7HDHwhsyd

This is what it is supposed to look like:
blender_91ikZzieIt

Any way you can help me fix?Best regards!

1 Like

Anyone know if this is possible to do on Mac? I haven’t got the option to save as .py?

Try the download as py button. If you can’t do that you can probably get Visual Studio Code and create Python files with it to paste the text in

I love this plugin but does anyone know why part positioning is exporting wrong?

The default position:

I create a keyframe dragging the Root Part to a new position:

That pose when imported to Roblox (see how it does not actually drag the model the same distance)

1 Like

I am getting an error in blender like this:

does someone have any solutions, dont really know what to do
(Idk if this page is still available :sweat_smile:)

Suddenly stopped showing up at all, fun. Guess I have to use Moon Animator which is significantly worse than blender

yeah this happens for me to, I guess we just have to wait until the blender addon is fixed