Blender rig exporter/animation importer

For some reason when I press legacy export and import it to blender, it said “No armature append a rig” ( I having problem export it normally so I use legacy which does export the model for me just not the rig) How do I fix it?
Screenshot 2024-06-13 224403

hello does anybody know how to fix the problem with exporting animations from blender to roblox?

i been having this problem where when im finished with an animation in blender i export it to roblox and upload it but when i check the animation on any of the roblox animation plugins it doesnt work it only has keyframes but no movement

(sorry for broken english im mexican)

Hey, @CAUTlONED. Currently trying to export an animation into Roblox. But when I do I get the copy and paste animation code but when ever I paste it into the script and it load’s no animation plays. Is there a way to troubleshoot it to see what is wrong. I get no animation export errors.

1 Like

i have the same problem! i checked if it was something with the rig and i didn’t see anything wrong with it, updated the plugin on roblox and neither that worked

1 Like

I’m not sure if it works on Blender 4.0 or above just yet.

@CAUTlONED

I found another weird issue with this. When I have an animation with only 1 keyframe then the importer just fails to load said animation. Any fix for it?

I also find it distracting that my rig gets unselected when uploading animation, I think it should reselect the rig again.

it gets even worse,.,.,.,…,
plugin starts to prevent me from exportin

do yourself a favor and use my updated plugin, very few bugs exist except for a few caused by user error. (also jam packed with new features)

should also work on most non-ancient blender versions (3.0-4.0+)

4 Likes

blender 4.0 isn’t for everyone here and i need a newer version of OpenGL to run that which my laptop cannot upgrade that anymore, 3.5 doesn’t even work at all, doing absolutely nothing though i already set them up correctly.

it should still be able run on older versions, just try it and if it doesn’t work send me the error and I’ll fix it. I’ve only tested 3.0+ so I don’t actually know

Hello, sorry for the late message but do you happen to have the link of that? It says on twitter that it expired

works really well! thanks a lot, it’s been really annoying with how many bugs the original has.

1 Like

How to send to equipment or legacy

It fail when importing the fbx animation downloaded from Mixamo. And exported the code using “export animation” reports code error when pasted into Roblox Studio.
if import then rbxanim file that export from blender, frame and time length will be see, but the Position and Rotation in all frames are 0,0,0

yeah it only works if ur in your own experience. Team create messes it up

Hey, @CAUTlONED I’m animating a shield and I wanted the motor that connects it to the character to have the r15’s upper torso as its part0 to make my life easier when animating. However, because of a thing in a project of mine, I need this motor to have one of the character’s hands as its part0.

The solution I found to this was using Blender’s bone constraints, I can animate with a rig that has the shield bone parented to the upper torso, and export the animation with a rig that has it parented to the rig’s right hand :

But when I import the animation it looks like this:

Is this because the plugin doesn’t support Blender’s bone constraints or something I’m doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Btw when exporting with this constraint the animation does change, it’s not the same as exporting without it.

And sorry for the @

Great fix! thank you so much for this!

Fix yet? I am still struggling

I keep getting an error when I bring in a dummy.

Using the plugin and the template rig.
Attempting to import to blender results in this error:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.2\scripts\addons\robloxBlender.py", line 439, in execute
    bpy.ops.import_scene.obj(filepath=self.properties.filepath, use_split_groups=True)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.2\4.2\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 109, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), kw)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: Calling operator "bpy.ops.import_scene.obj" error, could not be found

Is this a known error?

RigExport.obj (591.4 KB)