Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released]

Speaking of Particles, is there any discussion about the particle performance and future lighting? Some update made particles + lighting impact your frames wayyy more than they used to.

3 Likes

This is awesome, it’ll really add realism and life to games.

1 Like

im a builder. i try to find solutions that doesn’t require scripting

2 Likes

That’s a bad way of finding solutions, scripting is basically essential in any way of creating something in games, that does include building.

By the way they are using scripting to move the bush when the player walks through it :eyes:

4 Likes

there currently isnt a way to activate roblox’s ai bot to assist with coding

That has nothing to do with this feature? If you need to report a bug and can’t access #bug-reports, please message Bug Support in the format of a bug report.

Awesome! despite looking awesome, I think you should make parts / constraints get affected by wind too. Like ropes being pushed around by wind

Since releasing customizable grass height was said to be coming this year, PLEASE NOTE: that its MOST important to make sure you can customize the grass height in ANY SELECTED AREAS not just all the grass, that would be quite useless.

Any actual timeframe on when the grass height and customization will come to beta?

Thank you.

1 Like

The control that’s being added is a single value for the entire terrain.

1 Like

While I agree that customising based on regions would be super useful I can see that this would be much more difficult to implement - at least with a single value, I can finally make grass fit the size of custom avatars.

What would be useful (and is probably more doable) would also be able to control (with single values) the density of the grass and its base width. This would allow for thick/thin, tall/short, and dense/sparse grass across a map. Right now I find the grass looks far too cartoony for a realistic game and having these additional but single-value options would give us a lot more versatility.

But here is what I was able to achieve just with wind:

2 Likes

That sounds really nice, I might play around with it for a bit!

Since the reddit is restricted for some reason, ima post some simple code for a smooth, realistic wind direction changing script.

--MADE BY: Playanad/LumberdFox/Destroyanad (I go by all of those names)
--Put This In Server Script Service

--Services
local TS = game:GetService("TweenService")

--Wind Variables
local wind = workspace.GlobalWind
local windXRange = 20 --Turn this, and the Z range up to generate higher speeds.
local windYRange = 10 --I recommend not turning this up too high
local windZRange = 20 --Turn this, and the X range up to generate higher speeds.
local stormMultiFactor = 5 --How much to multiply wind speeds during storms.
local stormChance = 10 -- 1-100 range. 10 would be a 10% chance.

while true do
	local smoothTime = math.random(30,120)
	local stormNum = math.random(1,100)

local nonStormMulti = 1
	local windMultiplier = stormNum > stormChance and nonStormMulti or stormMultiFactor 

print(windMultiplier)

local randomWindX = math.random(-windXRange, windXRange)
	local randomWindY = math.random(-windYRange, windYRange)
	local randomWindZ = math.random(-windZRange, windZRange)

if randomWindX < (windXRange / 2) then
		randomWindX = math.random(-windXRange, windXRange)
	end
	if randomWindY < (windYRange / 2) then
		randomWindY = math.random(-windYRange, windYRange)
	end
	if randomWindZ < (windZRange / 2) then
		randomWindZ = math.random(-windZRange, windZRange)
	end

local randomWindVector3 = Vector3.new(randomWindX * windMultiplier, randomWindY * (windMultiplier / 3), randomWindZ * windMultiplier)

local windTween = TS:Create(workspace, TweenInfo.new(smoothTime), {GlobalWind = randomWindVector3})
	windTween:Play()

task.wait(smoothTime)
end

Feel free to use it for whatever without credit

4 Likes

Water part when. please roblox I need this now.

3 Likes

Use task.wait() instead of wait(), it’s more accurate and faster.

Grass should also be able to be used in any terrain you wish. And more

1 Like

Thank you for the help, i will update my code, and post

1 Like

Also the reddit is probably privated because of the Reddit blackout.
They restricted API access by making it ridiculously expensive, so a bunch of subreddits went private in protest.

2 Likes

I feel like that wouldnt do much, but alright

and @h_vcn
Use wait() instead of task.wait(). Although not as accurate, it throttles (so if your game is lagging it will slow down to reduce server load).

Keep in mind that this script does not work in live games due to it being in beta.

2 Likes

WOW! THIS. IS. AMAZING. I’VE GOT NO OTHER WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS FEATURE! Definitely will be using it :smiley:

2 Likes