Cannot delete (nor archive) any models, plugins, decals from my inventory

In order for my game to load content I have to purchase/whitelist it. People submit their models to a list that I clear every once in a while and must adhere to a map format in order for the game to allow it to load.

I’m well aware of the drawbacks of this method and have accounted for it since the games launch 4 years ago. I only allow private servers on the game and state clear terms that the player must trust the content before they choose to load any model so malicious users cannot ruin the experience for others, as well as trimming unused content in the community version so the game cannot be exploited, it’s basically a sandbox for my players. I’ve entrusted my players with this and they discover new content through popular YouTube playthroughs or my forums. The creativity of their works is genuinely impressive.

The map format relies on scripts to give the map functionality, if I was to blacklist the content people could use other models to backdoor any content that I am unable to remove from my inventory.

Regardless of how my game functions I should just be able to delete stuff from my inventory if I no longer want it in my inventory. I should be allowed to have the choice. IMO this issue goes beyond all of what we’ve been talking about here.

I’m sure you mean well, but I’m not necessarily looking for feedback on my game. I think it would be more beneficial to the thread to focus on the initial bug report which is what I would like to see resolved.

Edit: Clarified last paragraph for more constructive conversation

3 Likes

I agree heavily that it is beyond our cases, it is a players own inventory, they should have the right to remove it.
The reason our cases are brought up here as they are the extreme fringe cases that are most affected by this bug/change.

1 Like

It seems so, but I don’t see the point of this. Why would you want to prevent users from removing off-sale models from their inventory if they don’t want to keep it? What if it’s their own model that they want to hide/remove from their inventory that is seen publicly? I’m really questioning these choices as I have no idea what would be the purpose if there even is any.

Hello! Does this issue occur anymore for any of you?

Yes, no change – this trivially reproduces with little effort, I recommend trying to reproduce before responding to old threads so it takes less time away from developers.

4 Likes

I am still unable to delete models which aren’t for sale.

1 Like

The same goes for ROBLOX’s models, which you can’t delete from your inventory either.

Please read the thread, this is off-topic.

There are different considerations for items uploaded by Roblox, it deserves its own thread.

2 Likes

This is a completely different issue.

Ok. I will delete it then, thanks for telling me

Whats it looking like with this issue?

I am unable to delete OFFSALE items from other users in my own inventory.

Which they can freely update and add code to such items and calling them in my games because they are technically in my inventory.

1 Like

This is still a issue, 2 years later

5 Likes

I would suggest for anyone who’s inventory is polluted with bad models, just overwrite them with good models. This will take time, and you’ll still have a lot of models, but it definitely looks nicer.

How do you proceed with doing that?

So, you know how to publish a model, right? Well, just do that but instead of creating a new one click “Overwrite existing asset” and pick one of the bad ones. If you want nice thumbnails aswell theres videos on YT. Oh, and you can edit the assets so they match the new model.

Hi, I believe the bug originally reported has been solved, so I will be closing this ticket.

For those requesting to be able to archive off sale assets, please follow this thread for updates: Unable To Remove Off-Sale Assets From Inventory

For those requesting to be able to archive Roblox assets, please follow this thread for updates: Unable To Remove Roblox-Generated Assets From Inventory

If there are any other issues, please report a new bug, thank you!

How did you come to the conclusion this is solved? You can trivially dogfood this on Creator Hub. (please dogfood the product!)

I can’t archive models/packages:

Nor plugins:

Only Decals seem archivable now.

I thought Models used to be archivable before I posted this bug report in 2021 on the old Develop pages.

1 Like

Models and Plugins can be deleted from the inventory from the Creator Store details pages. I can bring up to the team that this might be too difficult to find.

Models have never been archivable. The feature has only worked for decals, meshes, and audio since its release.

1 Like

Yes, the modes of interaction are too different between different asset types and should be streamlined more.

Also note that you can’t show archived pages of things on certain kinds of assets.

1 Like

This isn’t the case for group plugins & models.

This makes it hard for us to organize our development pipeline, since our group inventory contains endless accidentally uploaded mesh models.

1 Like